It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump becomes first sitting US president to step foot on North Korean soil

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Now he's done it !!

Trump has gone to North Korea and brought Kim Jong Un back to South Korea with him for some friendly chit-chatting !!

It went down like this:

1. Trump Tweets an "invitation" to Kim.

2. Kim says great, I'll see ya at the DMZ.

3. Kim walks over the line and walks Trump right into NK !!

4. They both walk back over and into a building for some "talking" !

5. Kim walks back home.

MSM in a wild frenzie !! 😎

Hey maybe that "failed" Vietnam meeting wasn't a failure ?

Maybe they actually made progress and wanted the "official" stories to be confusion for the MSM ?

Trump meets Kim in DMZ, becomes first sitting US president to step into Hermit Kingdom

With wide grins and a historic handshake, President Trump became the first sitting U.S. leader to set foot in North Korea when he took 20 steps into the Hermit Kingdom on Sunday.

Trump shook hands with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un as he crossed the low stone curb separating the North and the South at around 3:45 p.m. local time. The event in the Demilitarized Zone β€” which also included a roughly 50-minute meeting behind closed doors β€” marked a return to face-to-face contact between the two leaders after talks broke down during a summit in Vietnam in February.

Speaking to reporters afterward, Trump said that the two leaders had agreed to revive talks on the pariah nation’s nuclear program.

"Trump got em again"

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Apparently there was a "scuffle" too !!!! πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ƒ

White House press secretary in extraordinary 'brawl' with Kim Jong Un's minders: Aide pushes henchmen aside and yells 'go, go' at US camera crew trying to film Trump's historic visit to North Korea

Stephanie Grisham, 42, came out of meeting with bruises following scuffle between reporters and security

Jostling grew intense as reporters tried to enter room inside Freedom House on the south side of Panmunjom

President Trump took the historic walk from the DMZ into North Korean territory to meet Kim Jong-un today

Pair greeted each other with handshake and President Trump hailed as 'courageous' by North Korean leader
πŸ˜ƒ

+26 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
You have to wonder; were any of the previous presidents even trying?

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

No because NK was probably a NWO/CIA operation.

And of course, Bill Clinton went there on "Foundation" business πŸ˜†

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Somewhere.
Somehow.
Someway.

Democrats/leftists will see this as a bad thing.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Baby steps, baby steps but
I don’t think there is any chance of things improving
At least they are trying, at least there is hope in hopeless

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The global community needs to develop an award that is bigger/better than the Nobel Peace Prize. It's too mundane and common for what President Trump is achieving.

And he's only been President for a little over 2 years...OMG.

Americans, we are so blessed!

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Not really. Clinton ironically was the only one to really try. Bush and Obama took the "poke North Korea over and over again until they get really angry and do something dumb" approach.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Somewhere.
Somehow.
Someway.

Trump will collude with anyone

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
That was an amazing moment. My half-Korean children and former in-laws are very excited. Me too. They understand that it might not work, but they also understand that diplomacy is a much better option than saber-rattling. There is now the possibility for a better life for North Koreans. As a young military police I stood on that blood-soaked line and hoped for a day like this.

It was a brilliant move for a number of reasons. It puts a lot of pressure on N. Korea. If they start acting all huffy again they know they have crossed a truly dangerous line with great consequences. Trump extends his hand but if you bite it most understand that he won't hesitate to make you sorry you did. Great strength in that.

Big day for both the North & South and a big day for diplomacy. Big day for having the guts to step outside the box. Sad day for Warhawks and do-nothing former presidents and their stupid "handlers."
edit on 30-6-2019 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: JAY1980
Somewhere.
Somehow.
Someway.

Trump will collude with anyone

Lol!

Are you being sarcastic?

Either way it made me laugh. You make him sound like a whore. 😜

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

He's messed up with Iran so now he's gone back to North Korea to try and get a positive news story.
Historic handshake achieved , praise be.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

He's messed up with Iran so now he's gone back to North Korea to try and get a positive news story.
Historic handshake achieved , praise be.

Trump might be "communicating" with Iran through NK !!!

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The Seventeen Steps that Shook the Earth !!!!!
πŸ’₯πŸ‘€πŸ’₯

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Blessed? How about we make a big gold crown and put that on his head. How about we make him the first recipient of God's Instrument Prize. I"m sure that would make many people happy.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: carewemust

Blessed? How about we make a big gold crown and put that on his head. How about we make him the first recipient of God's Instrument Prize. I"m sure that would make many people happy.

Bottom line if Obama did this the media would be fawning all over him, and most of the right would admit its a good thing even if they did it grudgingly. Considering the tensions between the nations and length of time it is historic. Above all else the Koreans love it.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Obama got close...

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The global community needs to develop an award that is bigger/better than the Nobel Peace Prize. It's too mundane and common for what President Trump is achieving.

And he's only been President for a little over 2 years...OMG.

Americans, we are so blessed!

Now, don't get me wrong, I am by no means watering down what Trump has done - and good on him for doing what he's done.

However, let's be honest, NK was never going to do anything crazy like start a war or shoot any nukes at *anybody*. This isn't a Hollywood movie.

If anything, NK is China's little buddy or little poodle...

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I stayed up to watch it and am not sorry I did.

I watched every expression on Trump's face and every expression on Kim's face. It felt like an historic moment, and you got a sense that President Trump is in control. He was very much at ease and was genuine in his warmth. Kim seemed a little nervous and a bit bewildered, but he appeared comfortable with our president and smiled at him often.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Obama got close...

twitter.com...

Trump didn't need the bullet proof glass either !!!!!! 😎

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join