It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat homeless disaster killing San Francisco, Los Angeles, & Seattle

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Isn't sanfran Pelosi's district? Would you really expect.anything different from anywhere she is in charge. And she is the damn speaker oh the house. We need to replace these people.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420
We need to replace these people.

Move there and vote her out.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short

What I find to be consistent in all these crazy things is the elimination of the white race.

Items:

Killing the Boers in SA.

Immigration of non-whites into Europe.

The decline of whites in the USA.

The wholesale destruction of the "first world."

The disuse of the term "free world."

Endless wars to put our young into the ground.

LGBTQ culture to divert our youth into a non-reproductive lifestyle.

Extended economic conditions that discourage the young from having children.

Abortion.

Race mixing.

PC culture to keep you from protesting the above.

I suppose I need to don my asbestos suit now...

You forgot the largest ones, IDK if these are included in "endless wars" but I figured these might have been Vietnam onwards. But WWI & WWII + communism (especially in Russia & eastern Europe) were the biggest genocide in history and it is never acknowledged as such and we all know who was behind it. These people get their own lofty position as if they are the only ones who ever suffered atocities and IMHO much of it is fluffed numbers. They also get their own term for discrimination and the only people allowed to hold dual citizenship w/n the US gov.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It's true, there are needles everywhere. Which is what comes with any area with a lot of concentrated drug users. Giving clean needles to addicts isn't a bad thing though. The prevalence of disease in these areas would be astronomical without harm reduction practices like this. People would be dying on their feet left and right.

I understand that to a lot of people that is good thing in their minds. But these are people. And a persons value doesn't decrease because of being addicted to drugs. You may think different, but I know different.

It comes back to that whole empathy thing. Empathy is not having experience with something like drug addiction, but still being able to put yourself in the addicts shoes and see things from their perspective. The perspective of them being human, above all else.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Giving clean needles to addicts isn't a bad thing though.

Yes it is. It seems to be a bad thing for EVERYONE ELSE who has to deal with them. Enabling drug addiction isn't the way to solve it.

Now if you want to discuss treatment programs and mental health funding to help people get and stay off drugs, then we might be able to hash out an agreement. But handing out needles for little girls to step on is NOT a sound policy.

I understand that to a lot of people that is good thing in their minds. But these are people. And a persons value doesn't decrease because of being addicted to drugs. You may think different, but I know different.

Yes, they are people. The cities of Seattle, LA, and SF have standing policies of enabling their self-destruction.

Empathy does not lead me to allow more of the problem, but to find ways of reducing or eliminating the problem. Explain to me how enabling drug addiction with free needles is helpful?

Doesn't seem to be. Maybe you've been in Seattle for so long that you just don't see the problem.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: IAMTAT

As someone whom has traveled to LA on business regularly...over the course of many years...the transformation of that once-beautiful city has been mind-blowing.

I'm born and raised in Los Angeles area (age 72).

As far as homeless - - LA has always had a "skid row". The mostly good weather and beaches make it easier to be homeless.

How does "mostly good weather" explain Seattle?

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

The thing I honestly find puzzling is, how can liberals look at cities like these, where their ideology represents the voting majority, and fail to see this is their future, this is what they're fighting FOR (not against)????

I just don't get it!

I mean you can only deny so much reality. A person can deny the Earth is round because they have no way to prove it personally so to them it's just a theory. However, if a person denies a stove burner is hot and then places their hand directly on the burner they instantly realize their theory was wrong. This is the contrast I see, and I just don't get it.

All cities with large populations have these problems. To try to blame it on one political party is missing the forest for the trees.

To try and use that view as a reasoning for the problems in these cities is wrong at best, and propaganda at worst.

Okaaaaaaaay...but if these same cities have the voting majority then they can pretty much do whatever they think they need to do to fix the problems, don't ya think? And what party is that voting majority in virtually every one of these cities?

Instead, the same problems just grow worse.

So, it's pretty clear whatever their agenda is politically is NOT working...don't ya think?
edit on 6/30/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

You are well-informed, my friend.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: cognizant420

Agree

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I don't get it either. The majority of all people of all races both educated or non educated sooner or later can sense when something is wrong. Te issue is that it takes decades and the MSM doesn't help.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Yes it is. It seems to be a bad thing for EVERYONE ELSE who has to deal with them. Enabling drug addiction isn't the way to solve it.

What are you more concerned with? Punishing people you see as making bad lifestyle decisions or helping them? Because you can't do both. Do you really believe that the increase of disease that come from not having needle programs stays in the drug user community and doesn't tax society as a whole? Prohibition has never worked in the history of civilization. For anything.

People are going to do drugs regardless. The best thing we can do at the moment is to try to minimize the harm caused by the regressive idea of prohibition. You can't punish your way out of this problem. By all accounts it only makes it worse.

My solution to this problem? Complete legalization of everything. Where a person can be educated about the harm involved and use "dangerous" drugs under doctor supervision in the safest possible way if that's what they choose to do. The bad parts of heroin addiction aren't a result of heroin at all. They're a result of the environment surrounding its use because of prohibition. Diseases from dirty needles, overdoses because a person is playing Russian roulette injecting an unknown amount and not a standardized dose every time they use, these are all a result of drug addiction being forced underground. Not to mention the violence that surrounds the drug trade and the funding of gangs. All of that could be wiped out with a sensible approach that puts freedom of the individual first.

Hopefully one day people will wake up to the fact that the government has no more right to tell a person what to put in their body than it does their mind. Then and only then, can we address real solutions to this problem and actually make a change for the better. The longer we remain in the prohibitionist mindset, the worse things will be for the individual and society as a whole.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I used to take a red eye once a month for several years to LA, then drive into Portland and Seattle and Vancouver. I ate at Jake's Seafood in Portland, played golf in Washington. What a beautiful country including the desert above Portland and below Seattle. The people in charge are crazy. Washington, the state is like a yogi bear campground. The desert in Oregon is incredible along with the fishing.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
They also get their own term for discrimination and the only people allowed to hold dual citizenship w/n the US gov.

Those Evil Joos have you all confused, Ted 'Smack My Face' Cruz had dual citizenship in the US and Canada as did Michelle Bachman who had Swiss citizenship.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

This got me thinking.

Where can the left point to, to show that their policies and programs work?

What is their example of success?

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
You are well-informed, my friend.

No, not really. See above.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Agree

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

I used to take a red eye once a month for several years to LA, then drive into Portland and Seattle and Vancouver. I ate at Jake's Seafood in Portland, played golf in Washington. What a beautiful country including the desert above Portland and below Seattle. The people in charge are crazy. Washington, the state is like a yogi bear campground. The desert in Oregon is incredible along with the fishing.

The view from 'Shutters On The Beach' in Santa Monica sure ain't what it used to be.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I believe it is possible to be homeless, addicted to drugs, and not be a slob who isn't able to place discarded items in a receptacle. The needle exchange program is a great idea, but there doesn't seem to be much of an exchange going on- they just hand the rigs out without requiring any to be turned in.

I try to stay out of the political discussion regarding this issue, I honestly am not educated enough to participate in a meaningful way. What I see on the streets of Seattle are many who have no respect for themselves or the rest of the planet. They just don't care that what they do impacts others to the point where it causes a threat to everyone/everything else. Many of these people would be this way even if they weren't hopelessly addicted to drugs. Some of them have obvious mental problems, and more have not so obvious issues.

What should be done? It has reached the point where compassion for the victims should outweigh the compassion for the perpetrators (shouldn't this already be the case?). Law enforcement and mental health officials need to be given the resources and go-ahead to do their jobs- period. If an unfortunate individual is breaking the law by (repeatedly) camping on the street (as they do a block away from where I live), they should be arrested. The same goes for those caught illegally dumping trash and hazardous materials, or shooting up in public places.
edit on 6302019 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Waterglass

The view from 'Shutters On The Beach' in Santa Monica sure ain't what it used to be.

Isn't it, "Shudders On The Beach"?

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This got me thinking.

Where can the left point to, to show that their policies and programs work?

What is their example of success?

Every red city they subsidize with the money they bring in?

The economy of California is the largest in the United States, boasting a $3.0 trillion gross state product as of 2018.[9] As a sovereign nation (2017), California would rank as the world's fifth largest economy, ahead of the United Kingdom but behind Germany.[10]

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Don't forget where most of the money in this country comes from.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join