It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guys seriously, stop it or do something about it now

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   
So hear me out please

i tried the following today

Since i have a hard time using a phone i used my laptop and guess what, it never finishes login in.

Must be because it has Linux on it? it just stays login in forever and then times out

So i try to open a thread about this issue. and guess what, can't upload pic at all no matter what

maybe pic too big? why? size limit somehow lmao? wtf?

so figure out to cut pic short and yes it worked! we are in 1999!

pic i wanted to upload lmao:

So why would so much simple image be trouble? And why i can get into ats from my phonr but never from a Linux laptop? are we yet in 2019?

Guys...

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

ATS has a forum to teach you how to do this.
I myself can’t figure it out but if I spend some time there I could.
They gave you the tools now use them.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I'm usually on a Linux machine and never have problems.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
IDK what Linux distro you use, but logging in isn't a problem for a lot of people who use Linux. As for the picture thing, that's a different story.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Well you got half the problem solved. There is a size restriction to pictures...not sure how much but usually I keep 'm around 1mb. The file type matters as well I believe but .bmp, .jpg and .png shouldn't be a problem.

Maybe you tried to upload in the famous :28 to :32 timeframe where ATS usually does a timeout for server updates or something.

Try again at an other timeframe...

Peace
edit on 30-6-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

ATS has a forum to teach you how to do this.
I myself can’t figure it out but if I spend some time there I could.
They gave you the tools now use them.

lol i know how to upload pics, it's ridiculous how i can't because of size when i just cut off 20% and it worked fine after. Why?

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Well you got half the problem solved. There is a size restriction to pictures...not sure how much but usually I keep 'm around 1mb. The file type matters as well I believe but .bmp, .jpg and .png shouldn't be a problem.

Maybe you tried to upload in the famous :28 to :32 timeframe where ATS usually does a timeout for server updates or something.

Try again at an other timeframe...

Peace

I tried too many times to login, all day and it never worked except from phones, when i tried from two laptops i can't login, get that screen in the pic i also had hard time uploading

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
IDK what Linux distro you use, but logging in isn't a problem for a lot of people who use Linux. As for the picture thing, that's a different story.

I guess i should use those people's laptops lmao!

Guess i did not explain clear i can login on same net from a phone and also a windows laptop but the couple Linux laptops of mine and sister's can't at all, getting the timeout that i was also not able to upload until i cropped

My eyes are going to roll so hard.... lmao

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
and why can i go through the entire website with no slowdown at all as long as i am not logged in, on the same laptop i tried to use to login and failed with the timeout 20 times this same day?

How? Try to login, timeout, try on phone, go ahead and login with no issue ...

Anonymous browse on same laptop and everything cool but no login for you! lmao

nam nam nam nam nam

Spasibo!

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
try disabling vpn if you're using one. if not, perhaps trying one would help.
temporarily disabling browser extensions is also an option.

i recall having problems years ago, but with different sites, which were caused by the ISP (mobile one back then, actually) and so called MTU blackholes. when getting routed by one, site which i was logged into stopped working, it worked in anonymous mode. logging back in - no dice either. network packets got to big when cookies were added and they couldn't get through. so if all else fails, you could in theory try reducing the MTU.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
Well you got half the problem solved. There is a size restriction to pictures...not sure how much...

2MB.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Activate cookies on your laptop. I run blackhat on mine and it works fine but if you deactivate cookies it gets stuck

(post by starfoxxx removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

You never have to log in. Sign in, bookmark that open PG. Wherever you want to start.

Many of us never log off....

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

No issues here. It's you and yours....

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Many sites have restrictions on the size of upload files including images. It can be a storage/hosting cost issue.

On thing is sure, people are good at complaining about free services.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Yup.. Ther is a size limit on images (understandably). There are plenty of apps for the phone to resize, and Linux has options there too, like GIMP.

And, if you are trying to do much of anything at around half past the hour (~XX:27-XX33), you are probably gonna run into issues.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Maybe you are just unlucky and are trying to do this at 28-32 minutes past the hour? Site doesn’t work then.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Sometimes for months at a time I can't log in from home or 4G network on my phone, but can from work wifi, other times it works fine. Have never had trouble from the PC.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join