It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The imitation of Christ - The second most read book in the world

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as [they were] from the beginning of the creation.

originally posted by: TheTruthRocks
"Repent! The end is near!"

After 2,000 years of this message...and no end in sight, I'm starting to wonder

I am sure there is a reason and we have to remember there is no time for our creator or the angels so it has not been long and even for us it is not that many generations.

2 Timothy Chapter 3

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Always interesting to read the list of what we are told to watch for so we will notice the change in "seasons".

Bible verses related to Signs Of The End Times from the King James Version (KJV) by Relevance - Sort By Book Order

2 Timothy 3:1-5 - This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. (Read More...)

Mark 13:32 - But of that day and [that] hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Matthew 24:7 - For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Luke 21:11 - And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

Matthew 24:1-51 - And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to [him] for to shew him the buildings of the temple. (Read More...)

Joel 2:28-32 - And it shall come to pass afterward, [that] I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: (Read More...)

1 Timothy 4:1 - Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Matthew 24:6 - And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all [these things] must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Revelation 13:16-17 - And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: (Read More...)

2 Timothy 3:1-4 - This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. (Read More...)

Luke 21:25 - And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

Luke 21:36 - Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, (Read More...)

Revelation 3:3 - Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Daniel 12:4 - But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, [even] to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

2 Timothy 3:1-17 - This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. (Read More...)

Matthew 24:21-22 - For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. (Read More...)

Matthew 24:36 - But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

2 Peter Chapter 3

3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as [they were] from the beginning of the creation.

www.kingjamesbibleonline.org...
edit on 30-6-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Just wandering how a OP on the way to live life as god wants is authored by a member with the name -
DeathSlayer.

Death definition - end of life.
Slayer definition - the act of killing something or someone.

So reads - End of life the act of killing something or someone. (Slayer)

Makes about as much sense as a book written by humans supposedly about gods desires.

Theres only 10 rules to living as god wants - you guessed it the 10 commandments. You know the only time god gave instructions to humanity by his own hand. Gee i wonder why these original instructions have been lost supposedly since forever?

The hypocrasy is so bad i actually feel myself sympathizing with Lysergic. Ohh the pain of it.

ps: if you really gave a moments thought to god and living accordingly your name selection would be representative of such.

Maybe someone already addressed this, but I was so appalled and embarrassed for you with this, I had to stop to address it.

Since you took the effort to analyze his name, one would think your own analysis would have been obvious to you. Let's try this again:

Deathslayer - one who slays death. I.e. one who puts an end to death, or "conquers death."

Sound like anyone you've heard of? Perhaps a certain Jewish hippy from a couple thousand years ago?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
And nobody ever talks about Simon the Magus, a practitioner of darks arts, sorcery, even to the point he said he was the artisan himself, and was worshipped by his people, till Simon Peter an Paul jinxed him infront of Niro.

He even might have told Niro that he was the Jew on the cross that everyone was talking about in person. Maybe he even the guy that Islam's Mohammed believed to have survived the cruicifixtion?

He might of also been the reason why the church started giving free "Apostate" exams, since he was the father of the blasphemous, yet more entertaining Gnostics, and was said to be the father of heretics.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
"I had rather feel compunction than understand the definition thereof"- Chapter One

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Very true and star for you.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Jesus was Holy. Holy means seperated. Like Nibiru seperated, not Pluto or Mars seperated.

All them people praying in public church? Energy vampires.. Martians.. Fellowship in Christ? Freakin leeches..

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Just to throw a spanner in the works, how do we know the bible is the most read book in the world? I wouldn't even begin to argue, say even 100 years ago...but now?

For example, how about the Koran? Reading the Koran is essential in Islam but with the bible, not so much - you can simply be read the bible by a priest. As such, you would expect there to be more copies of the Koran around than the bible nowadays.

This isn't a troll effort or an attempt to discuss Islam versus Christianity, more a genuinely curious question / discussion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join