It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump To Meet Kim Jung Un at North Korean DMZ

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
What a bunch of vapid hypocrites!

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Sure does. Making an honest try cannot hurt. We know there is plenty of security.

Maybe Obama was thinking, "Looks dangerous, not going over".
edit on 6/30/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

The bottom line is that it is unfitting for the President of the United States of America to share a global stage as an equal to a despot that represents everything the United States opposes, legitimizing their rule and reinforcing terrorism.

Diplomacy escapes you. As does your hypocrisy. Besides the fact that the U.S. aren't exactly innocent babes ourselves, we share the stage with all kinds of folk that are bad hombres. Xi for example.

I hear the thunderous sound of footsteps...must be the walkaways.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I thought the Obama peace prize was some token play. He hadn't even been president that long at the time. I don't think that prize means much anymore, given the state of the world.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: carewemust

Sure does. Making an honest try cannot hurt. We know there is plenty of security.

Maybe Obama was thinking, "Looks dangerous, not going over".

Maybe the difference is as simple as...

Obama did what his handlers, foreign policy and military advisors, secret service etc told him to do.

Trump does what he wants.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
"You don't engage in presidential level summit..."

He could be right or could be wrong. Maybe that's why it hasn't worked yet.

Might be if your head guy isn't willing to talk to me then don't expect to get what you are asking for.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

I think there is quite of bit of truth in that idea.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

a reply to: thedigirati

No, Maduro is not a head of state

Maduro holds the position of elected President of Venezuela. He won the election, mostly because his opposition refused to vote and boycotted the election. Not a smart way to win an election. Imagine if Hillary supporters boycotted the 2016 election, then tried to get the military to overthrow Trump?

oh like I don't know Russia Russia Russia?

The bottom line is that it is unfitting for the President of the United States of America to share a global stage as an equal to a despot that represents everything the United States opposes, legitimizing their rule and reinforcing terrorism.

Like giving them pallets of Money? (oh right that was in the dead of night, it's all good)

like exchanging hostages, say 5 of theirs for 1 of ours, a deserter no less?

now i have to go through your posting history to see your outrage from then, it is there, right?
edit on 30-6-2019 by thedigirati because: formatting

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

The fact that are bad guys in the world has nothing to do with Trump's idea of diplomacy with North Korea being about liking each other's company, and writing flattering love notes to each other, getting no guarantees for the US and its western allies. In the meantime, Kim Jong Un is being elevated in equality to the President of the United States of America and seen as a legitimate nuclear power on the global stage.

Acting like a smart ass troll and insulting posters that don't agree with Cult 45 talking points isn't going to get anyone a guarantee of safety for American interests or American allies from North Korean threats. If diplomacy only hinges on how well the American President can photo op and ass kiss depots threatening to nuke us, then American ideals are sinking faster than Trump's legacy.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

Stop watching Faux News and get a well rounded education.

Again, because you don't know what you're talking about, you entrench your arguments in fantastic and irrelevant whataboutism, your posts make no sense.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I'm sorry but this is what we call "diplomacy".

If you don't want your leader to meet with so-called "despots", that rules out pretty much every country on the planet. Certainly all of the ones in Africa, The Middle East, and much of Asia.

It's Kim's country. He can rule it in whatever manner he sees fit. If the people of the DPRK don't like it it is up to them to remove him.

People like you said the same thing about Saddam Hussein, the "hated" and "reviled" tyrant. Turned out when America stepped in to remove good old Saddam from office it turned out a lot of people liked and supported him and his rule, and now his country has been in anarchy for almost two decades without him.
edit on -050003pm6kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I'm sorry but this is what we call "diplomacy".

No it's not. Diplomacy requires preparation and an understanding of what both sides want and why, before they can even attempt to meet in the middle. That's not what's happening in North Korea.

If you don't want your leader to meet with so-called "despots",

I never said that US president can't meet with oppressive leaders. But the right is being incredible hypocritical. Trump has raised the profile and legitimized his vile dictatorship and shared a global stage with him as if he is equal in moral stature as the United States of American and its western alliances.

It's Kim's country. He can rule it in whatever manner he sees fit.

That's what most American said about Hitler, until they didn't. We have international laws, like the Geneva Conventions and basic human rights standards that we have an obligation to support and voice condemnation when those standards are violated.

People like you said the same thing about Saddam Hussein

I most certainly did not support the invasion of Iraq nor the treatment of Saddam Hussein, nor did I support our involvement in Libya and the treat of Omar Khadhafi. But, North Korea is not in the same league. Iraq and Libya were a thousand times more civilized than North Korea is.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

So you get to determine what is diplomacy now?

What are you? The world expert on it?

Lol

OMB reeeee

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Diplomacy isn't about making it in the Guinness Book of World Records,. Diplomacy, when it comes to national security and foreign policy isn't personal. It isn't about a special friendship between two people who enjoy each other's company. It's about understanding and reaching mutual goals. In the meantime, instead of shoring up our alliances, Trump keeps alienating our allies and empowering those who threaten, hate and disrespect our values and lifestyle.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Oh bull crap.

Diplomacy is the art of stepping on someone’s shoes without messing up the shine.
-Mark Twain

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Trump refused to criticize Saudi royals after the brutal murder of Khashoggi...
Trump likes Kim Jong Un
There is no freedom of speech in NK nor Saudia Arabia, both countries practice censorship.
Yet Trumps voters on ATS whine every day about censorship on YouTube and Facebook but support Trumps ass licking of Kim Young Un.
ATS is Monthy Python v. 2

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

Leftists actually use censorship.

Did you OD on Irony today?

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So does Trumps new best friend Kim Young Un and here you are praising Trump.
Or are you stating that there is no censorship in NK?

edit on 30-6-2019 by XCrycek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

What a bunch of vapid hypocrites!

Quoted for truth.

Honestly, the hypocrisy of trumplets is beyond stunning.

Meanwhile, donnie praises kimmy on Twitter like he's some sort of hero.

And the usual suspects on here will say "lol 4d chess he's trolling the left xD" like that would be something to admire in a world leader even if it were true.

Kim will continue to flatter donnie, because it's so easy to manipulate him that way.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So does Trumps new best friend Kim Young Un and here you are praising Trump.
Or are you stating that there is no censorship in NK?

I will equate the same level of freedom and respect North Korea gives is the same as the leftists display.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join