It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Hello Nightstar and fellow shedittes,

I post this because I think this site must be magical. Sure, I'm going on 62 and a practical thinker. (well I think anyways).

Something occurred on this site recently which has significance in my mind. Can't explain it.

Well, as you all probably know I've been whinging and updating about the fires and smoke around my locality. Anyway yesterday I was posting intermittently while attending to pumping, fixing hoses and cleaning gutters. Occasionally coming inside out of the smoke.

Pheonix358, a member and shed person, posted a song by the Eurythmics - "Hear comes the rain again" and I jokingly replied place 'smoke' instead of 'rain' in the words.

The situation: Smoke constantly, fires all around, dry, hot and winds blowing from all directions of the compass. The preparations for these fires has taken a couple of weeks here.

So, to the point, I listened to the song, replied, has a chuckle and mended a hose to flush the roof guttering. Got up on the roof. About to hose the gutter out. (P.S. the water goes back into the tank from a system I have in place, the leaves are ejected.) I was humming the tune "Here comes the rain again" substituting the word 'smoke' for 'rain' with a wry smile.

On the roof, I heard a rumble in the sky. Being overcast from smoke initially I dismissed it. Then another and 'bang' in the distance. The wind changed, cooler. Another rumble, and, 'crack!' several seconds later. (No, I wasn't farting). Thunder. I waited, counted seconds and sure enough I saw the light in the smog from a bolt about 5 kilometers away. Not wanting to become a statistic (I like lighting, but don't want to be struck.) I climbed back down the ladder off the roof, (aware of dry lighting strikes) stowed the hose and came in to check the radar. Sure enough it showed a storm front coming from the North East! Wha????

I went back outside. The rumbling increased, the wind picked up. Interestingly (to me anyways) it was heading towards the storm front as indicated on the radar.

Here's a weird thing. The geese started flapping their wings, the wild chooks (chickens) ran under the house and the dogs starting barking facing the noise. Stupid, simply stood there, (me) aye???? Drops of rain staring falling. Me, being me, meh, that's not enough, Checks radar again. Sure enough the sky darkens and opens up.

Oh!!! Mighty Pheonix358. I am in awe, absolute awe. Torrential rain turning into hail. And the storm fronts kept coming for a couple of hours. Run off into the dams!

Rain and Hail, again and again hit the fires across a large portion of the fire fronts. Tank topped up. Dams with fresh water.

This may tend to a bit of greening and growth but for the first morning after days. No effing smoke. Still no smoke at 4. 30 pm this afternoon as I type.

Thank you Shed People for sending dragons and pixies and thoughts. Thanks 358 for the magical song. By all accounts thousands of acres burning under relentless fires has been subdued.

I am at a loss for further words,

My fondest regards,

bally, (relaxing a bit)

edit on 18-9-2019 by bally001 because: Strewth! for the first time spelt 'bally' wrong in my signature

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

You had better buy a lottery ticket mate !

Great news !

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Hiya Timely! What's a Floki? My computer underlined the word in red, so either you made it up, it's a secret code word, or it's an Australian thing.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

G'day Night !!

Floki is a character on the TV series ' Vikings ' ...

( worth watching ! )

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

You had better buy a lottery ticket mate !

Great news !

[/quote] I have bought a lottery ticket. Today while 'true love' was having a tooth extracted. I bought a 'spring roll' a 'potato scallop' and a 'Kranski Sausage'. Washed it all down with a soda. Buuuurp!

Made 'true love' a spinach omelette tonight for dinner.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Lol.

I think Bally should buy me a lottery ticket and a beer.

I did pray to my favorite Guardian Angel for you so perhaps you owe Mich'ael a beer as well.

Glad it is over for you.

Have a brew mate ... relax.

P

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Lol.

I think Bally should buy me a lottery ticket and a beer.

I did pray to my favorite Guardian Angel for you so perhaps you owe Mich'ael a beer as well.

Glad it is over for you.

Have a brew mate ... relax.

P

Well I have a ticket in the latest which I would, as you know, share with you if I had a win. (Maybe a couple of bucks at least:roll

Cheers for your thoughts and prayers 358. What type of beers for you and Mich'ael?

bally

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

You already have the guardian angel " Coopers " ...

born in your very state!

Cheers !😎🍺

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Cascade light!

P

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Cascade light!

P

West End it is then! Oh, hangon 'pronto' hates the stuff. Ha

No worries. My daughter will be moving from Darwin to Adelaide soon. If I'm there I'll ensure a case of Cascade Light for you and Mich'ael.

bally

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

How the hell did I miss this post????

Yay! Awesome news mate! Pheonix has magical powers.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Mate, I don't drink enough to warrant a case.

Meds and alcohol don't mix well which is why I stick to lolly water.

I already have my reward ... it rained!

Ya!

P

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Mate, I don't drink enough to warrant a case.

Meds and alcohol don't mix well which is why I stick to lolly water.

I already have my reward ... it rained!

Ya!

P

I'm still a bit gobsmacked. It was heavy rain and hail in some places. No smoke around the property now. Fires subdued. The only casualty was our portable phone unit which after such a dry spell I hadn't reconnected it to the circuit breaker.

2 lighting strikes in quick succession nearby put an end to its life but we were due for a new set anyways. Thankfully the modem and laptop survived. Sunny with a bit of cloud about.

Here you go, I'll buy you a case of Cascade Light, drink to your health (although I'll be going to the dunny a lot) and will even recycle the bottles and cardboard.

For now, I'll return to any leaf matter in the gutters, finish repairing the hoses and have a port or two.

Cheers 358

bally

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

How the hell did I miss this post????

Yay! Awesome news mate! Pheonix has magical powers.

Yes, what an amazing turn of events. Didn't realize how stressed I was. We had packed our valuables, family pics, aboriginal art and necessities ready for bugging out. The relief had a calming effect on us personally although I had to take truey into the dentist yesterday for an extraction and Al came along to visit the doctor and have his dog wound attended to. Bit of shopping.

To celebrate I bought the doggies a couple of bags of butchers bone and the cats a load of butchers mince, port and some tobacco. Truey celebrated with soup and a couple of Cougar bourbons.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I like how the animals were included in the celebration.

I'm relieved that it finally rained.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It would have been Mom's Birthday today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY ANGEL MOM

edit on 18-9-2019 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Awwww. Prayers, Hun. Your mother knows she is loved.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Thank you so much Sweetie!

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Enter if you dare.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join