It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 03:10 AM
link   
cant sleep tonight, it's been a difficult day and my mind won't slow. Just browsing around listing to random songs...what I should do I pick up one of my books and read for a bit. Suppose I could take a sleeping med...again.

Hope everyone is doing well.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: kinglizard
cant sleep tonight, it's been a difficult day and my mind won't slow. Just browsing around listing to random songs...what I should do I pick up one of my books and read for a bit. Suppose I could take a sleeping med...again.

Hope everyone is doing well.

I’m having a difficult time falling asleep as well. Actually what I should say is that I fell asleep earlier and woke up a short while ago. Will start yawning soon and I’ll be ready to go back to bed, hopefully.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   
so cute that little kitten. I should get up, for some reason I've insisted on staying in bed this whole time. I know they say not to do that. Sorry, you are having trouble sleeping too, glad you got some hours in though.
edit on 9/7/2019 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

"The Shed" got a bump from the latest "Q" Thread.

Strange how things work sometimes ..... 😎

Past proves Present (coded message) "sometimes" 🐇

The Dells - Q-Bop-She-Bop.wmv

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Any place Phoenix recommends is a good place....not sure my East Coast time zone butt can do enough background reading here before exhaustion sets in and I lose intent so thought I’d say ‘Hello’ -dropped in from lurking the Q thread, saw Phoenixs post and wanted to say hi to you all and look forward to visiting in the future

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

Well Hello Gordi! How Ya been Bro? Doin Fine Here Mostly! CHEERS!!!

Hey Mike!
Yeah, I'm OK... just getting more old, tired and grumpy by the day!!! LOL

Singing: "If I could turn back tiiiime..."

Oh, to be 21 again!
G

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Hello good shed people,

Much discussion tonight with family and a neighbor. It seems our place in nature is threatened by nature itself. No rain. No more dam (damn) water. Fruit trees are shriveling up. Vegetable garden is non existent. Last to remain is the Rosemary?

Pumped my last drop to the header tank today. (Header tank is the house supply. Lasts about 10 days).

To complicate matters there are serious fires burning particularly to our south. Swift dry winds are fanning the fires and people are evacuating our way fearing they have lost all. Smoke all around.

As in previous posts to this and other shed Ops my 'true love' and I clear the land around our house and cottage several times yearly utilizing burning off. (Much like the aboriginal owners of the lands).

Tonight we discussed our evacuation plans if this flamin thing comes towards us or another fire breaks out nearby. For the first time since living here (6 years only) I have no water to combat a fire. The ground is crispy. Grass dies with each foot step. The Eucalyptus are dropping leaves and small branches. September? Supposed to be spring. 30 degrees Celsius days. (About 86 F) Hot frustrating winds. Very dry. You don't sweat. Been a long time since my exposed skin is sunburning this time of year.

Last year we had a fire very near but I had water then. No water left so I guess if this fire comes our way in the next couple of days we are out. The discussion about getting out also revolved around our animals. We have 2 x 4 x 4 utes and 2 cars between us. Dogs and cats will be placed into the utes. People in the cars. Making up cages for the cats. Can't have them losing the plot with a sudden forced move, so they need to be contained. Between us and our neighbors we have 7 dogs and 6 cats. We love them all so they will be coming with the vehicles. Sorry for the chooks and geese. Set free, they will be on their own.

Confidentially, to my ATS mates, I can't leave my home. I have 2 fire pumps, hoses and a singular plan that I will enable. I've worked all my life for this place and won't desert it. Looked after me and my family so I will do all that I'm capable of to protect it.

I have a personal plan for one only which can't support the rest and I wouldn't risk them. I'm sure I will be alright.

Anyways, thought I'd share this. Shed is a good place to share. For those that know my location I say this. The weather reports are from 40 klms away. The fire reports cannot be updated quick enough. Just look what happened in Queensland. This monster is moving.

Won't sleep again tonight. The wind roars over the hills as I type.

As always, my kindest regards,

Bally

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   
The typical fire alert to our south from which people are leaving.

Current Situation -

The fire is burning to the north of Ebor, on multiple fronts.

The fire is burning quickly towards the east, and is impacting on Armidale Road in the area of Tyringham and Dundarrabin.

The fire is also burning in the Muldiva State Forest, and burning towards Bostobrick.

Homes and properties in the area are under threat.

Advice

If you are in the area of Tyringham, Dundarrabin or Bostobrick, seek shelter as the fire front approaches. It is too late to leave.

Protect yourself from the heat of the fire. If you are caught in the path of the fire, you may die or be injured.

If you are caught in the path of the fire, you may die or be injured.

If you live in the area but are away from your home, it may not be safe to return to your property.

Other Information

"An evacuation centre is open at Dorrigo Showground at 4180 Waterfall Way, Dorrigo.
Smoke from this fire may be affecting the areas of Dorrigo and Coffs Harbour.
If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
Continue to stay up to date with the bush fire situation by checking www.rfs.nsw.gov.au..., listening to your local radio station or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
For information on road closures, check livetraffic.rta.nsw.gov.au.... Roads may be closed without warning.
The next update on this fire will be issued by 07/09/2019 19:30 or if the situation changes."

While this fire is certainly to our south it is disconcerting. No water and gusting winds our way.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   
www.9news.com.au...

Hope this link works. This is what is happening in Queensland.

Kind regards,

bally

Please excuse the flamin car add at the beginning of the link.

Bally
edit on 7-9-2019 by bally001 because: flamin car adds!

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

All the best mate.

People come first ... things can be re-built.

I hope the RFS is nearby if you need them.

Thoughts and prayers are with you ...

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Although I said I'm doin fine mostly, I do know the "more old, tired and grumpy by the day" You mentioned. Father Time needs to have His Arse Kicked but Good! I know it won't do any good in the long run, but it sure would Make Me Feel Better at the Time!! LOL! To be 21 again You Say? Hell, I'd settle for 30! Hang in there Bro! We got this aging #e!! Plus with all the Years that are stacked up behind Us, and keep stacking Up, there are plenty of Good Memories for Us to Remember...
Found something I made many years ago for here that is kind of fitting...

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Stay Safe Out There!! Like Timely said, 'Things' can be re-built. People come First!!
Syx

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Good Morning Shedlandians! Hello to All I knew before and to those Who I may not have met yet! I hope for All of You that the Day goes Your Way!!
As the Morning Sun Rises, Dragons once again fill the Skies.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
THanks i will just do that...a reply to: WalkInSilence

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
good morning to everyone...hope your day is filled with enjoy...

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: OCEANTIME

Thanx OT! Same to You!

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Good Morning Folks

Heard about " The Shed " over in the Q-thread, lol, Don'tTreadOnMe suggested I check it after she removed an off topic post of mine
I thought she was teasing me, but turns out she had a pretty good sense of my personality to suggest such a lovely place to visit. If it's cool with NightStar and you all, would be fun to come hang out from time to time.

Have always loved Fairies and Good Magical creatures
especially Flower Fairies, horticulture, design and anything " crafty " is kinda my thing. Love Kids, Animals, laughing with friends while enjoying good food and cocktails ( in moderation usually ) and I cook ! The " Red Pill " journey, while I know necessary, has been tough on my generally easy going nature !

Here's a little fruit and wine I offer to contribute to this weekends festivities at " The Shed " Enjoy the Day All...

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
So i am a little new to this web site..when can i send pm to people..and how do i get them from others..i have been looking through my ats folders and i can get pictures in ok..but what else should i know about this place...how do i make add people to a friends list..thanks OT....

edit on 7-9-2019 by OCEANTIME because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: OCEANTIME

I think You have to get in 20 posts, then You can access Your Private Messenger. If I remember correctly that is...

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

Hello and Welcome to The Shed! Thank You for bringing refreshments! Make Yourself comfortable. There are many hallways and corridors here, if You should choose to take a Room for Yourself! Any Room will change to Your preferences as soon as You walk into one!

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join