It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Can't wait to see the little guy Lone! Kittens are so adorable, playful and comical as hell. You'll have to share pics when you get a chance.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

LOL! It's July. If there is such a thing as cool weather it won't last. It's hot enough for the AC right now. I was just really lucky with a storm earlier.

How's the garden, kids, hubby, Burt and cats and...whatever else you have? Ha, trying to keep track of them all.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Doing well, thank you. "Magical lands"? Hmm, multiple meanings there but yes I do like the imagery.

There's a place where I go that no one else knows,
Where mysteries abound and excitement grows.
A place out of reach of any man's hands,
Safely secluded in a far away land
Beyond the grasp of those who may plunder
The wealth of its power and its life changing wonder.
I go alone to my secret place, never leaving a trace
For someone to follow and discover my space
Where I keep my secrets, my fears, and my regrets
Away from the world and all of its threats.
It's mine and mine alone!
The only place I can call my own.
I treasure the moments spent in this realm
Where anything is possible and I'm at the helm.
This place I describe is all that it seems ...
It's a magical place I call my dreams.
- John Raines

"Spiritual Journey"

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Wow! Can we keep you? You make a great Sheddite Sir EMN! Loved the poem and song!

What is the red castle? Is it from a game? I have a passion for castles.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   

LOL. Red Castle is a military/Secret service codename. One of my, I guess some would call it a hobby is researching gov't/military secret projects and conspiracies. I won't bore you here with that stuff. I also have an interest in Knights Templar castles & ancient symbolism.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Fascinating! If you make a thread on any of these subjects, please let me know. I would love to hear what you have discovered so far. Or...you could send a PM.

Here is one of the castle parts of the Shed..

Ocean view.

And one of our Elvin warriors.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   
It is 3:09 Am. Time to say goodbye as I slumber and dream of wondrous things.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   
One more thing. Just wanted to leave this for you all.

edit on 1-7-2019 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Hello! I am still a bit weak, but better than yesterday and way better than the day before that. Having vegetables with spicy noodles. After that, some important phone calls that i have been postponing for too long.

I hope all of you are fine. Welcome to July, let's hope it doesn't get too hot!

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Hi, Night,

officially the Momma cat is Katka (Katerina) which I chose as it can be shortened to Kat.
However a lot of the time I call her "Twisty" as she's one of those cats who often twists her ears this way and that.

Not sure yet what will happen with the kitties. There are a lot of cats around here already so I expect they might just stay here. But we'll see. I'll be taking Katka to the vet for an op in a few weeks, so in future she'll have a much quieter life.

The weather here is staying fairly hot. Should get to about 37 or 38 C today -- around 100 F -- but late this afternoon a front should be coming in and there'll be strong winds and thunderstorms all across this region. Just hoping the storms won't do too much damage to the crops.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I build terrain for war gaming. My brother calls it nerd craft.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I have some brand new Ismo for you. Uploaded two days ago. I remember i posted some of his stuff to the last shed and you kind of enjoyed it

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Good luck with the phone calls. Let us know how you get on.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Hello Sir Fin! I love that guy! LOL Just subscribed to his channel.

Good luck with your phone calls Hun! Like Light said, let us know how you get on.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Hiya Mike! I'm glad that Katerina/Twisty will be spayed. She will be more comfortable and it will prevent her always having kittens. Shelters are always filled to capacity around here. I don't know what it's like out your way.

Your weather is brutal. I am so miserable and pissy as hell if I'm in the heat too long. Gah! I wish you had an air conditioner. It's not healthy being in that kind of heat. Stay hydrated my friend.

Hang around with the mermaids and take a dip in the crystal waters.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Any craft is a good thing. I love being creative!

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Be still in sacred places and they will peek out with curious faces. In that gentle, quiet time, the get to know and trust you time, they will smile, sing you a song, dance atop colorful flowers and fly upon the wind.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Bahaha! From underneath they look like some kind of comical and cute alien creature.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
It looks like this is kitten week in The Shed
Up bright and early this morning, five o-clock. My first thought was, "Is she OK? She had been wanting constant attention yesterday, hadn't eaten much so I thought she might be due even though my vet had said she wasn't far along.
I was right.
Her water had broken and she was "nesting" in the litter box ( there was a nice birthing box), franticly cleaning herself of cat-litter and twirling around in labour.
I took one look, thanking her for waiting till I got up, put on the tea kettle, secluded the very curious dogs into another room, much to their dismay, they have a morning routine. But being generally patient with their human they settled down.
Fed Angel, the Matron cat going on fifteen, set up her kennel, which she delightedly occupied. If I leave it out I would never see her. Put her and all her regalia in the bathroom, which she adores.
Got a bucket of water and started the re-location clean up process.
Cloud out of litter box into birthing box, no problem. She is a doll.
Food, water, litterbox out ( they don't relieve themselves during birth].
Clean up terrible stinky mess, relieve my-self, clean more, again offer to the gods (minor), put back food and water, all the while I am talking to her and patting her.
Finally, a hot cup of tea.
All this took less time than writing it.

I knew it could take time and all she needed was a peaceful seclude space, so I warded off the cage with cardboard and a cloth cover (it is a big cage) and forced my self to do "normal" stuff.
Trimmed the garden hedges, drove the van to the mechanic (another story), laundry, called the vet to tell her I was having kittens and the "procedure" scheduled for tomorrow had become obsolete.
By ten o-clock she had five kittens.
I made a new box with help from a neighbor who had two I could shape together. Cleaned out the whole thing again with vinegar.
She is one happy camper.
She loves me petting her and holding the kittens, she cares less about the dogs, but Angel, who hates other animals (not humans) has to stay in the "loo".
Thank you for reading.
I am exhausted and have to make a very hard decision by morning.
edit on 1-7-2019 by WalkInSilence because: colour

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike

the Momma cat is Katka (Katerina) which I chose as it can be shortened to Kat
That is so clever!!! I don't want to be called a copy-Cat so I'll leave mine as Cloud.

Not sure yet what will happen with the kitties.
It is hard call. All the rescues I called here dismissed me because of overflow. I will have Momma spayed/chipped and the kittens she keep "fixed", vaccinated and chipped. The "freelance" cats suffer so much. My vet is willing to work with me on payments.

The weather here is staying fairly hot.
"Fairly" made me giggle, it sounds pleasant. I am looking at heat indexes in triple digits, due to humidity. I take a shower go out and take another.
So good to see you.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join