It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Bigburgh

Awww, my dear friend has arrived. Hiya Bigburph! How have you and the family been?

Outstanding, went to a.. ahhhh.... a funeral today. Turned out it was a celebration and was A O K. Heard stories and laughed A Lot. I'm humbled and happy.

The 2 circled in green are the great grannies, not the focus. The guy in the center is Robert Steven Bonnett "Steve". Season ticket holder to the Steelers, Pirates and Penguins. I ask my aunt who gets the Steelers tickets.... she hit me, chuckled and gave me a kiss.... and replied. "NOT YOU"

My dad patted my shoulder and said, "Har har, nice try"
edit on 29-6-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

A celebration eh? Maybe you could bribe whoever gets the tickets to give them to you.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Ha!
They went right to my cousin's Josh and Sarah. Josh is a movie set builder painter. Jack Reacher and Mind Hunter, maybe the Outsiders too. And Sarah (drab) an accomplished lawyer. As should be the tickets went to them.... don't think for a second I didn't butter them up.

Like I said, this was a celebration. And a good one too.🤗

Ok no more thread drift from me... it's the Shed😀😊🤗
edit on 29-6-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This seems like a happy place. I think I'll just hang out here for a while. I'll be the one standing quietly in the corner, until I'm not.

A pleasantly cool evening here in Portland, Oregon.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ian McLean
This seems like a happy place. I think I'll just hang out here for a while. I'll be the one standing quietly in the corner, until I'm not.

A pleasantly cool evening here in Portland, Oregon.

Perhaps you will find the Shed as weird as Portland.
Weird is good after all.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ian McLean

Hello new person! You don't have to stand in the corner. We have plenty of comfy chairs and couches. Welcome to the Shed! Make yourself at home.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Portland is weird?

I've never been to Portland, but I like weird.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Are you a fairy for real?

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
< raids Gordi's Guinness stash & plunks down on couch >

Oops, sorry Night, didn't see the pixie. They fluff back up ok, right?

It's finally starting to cool off upstairs. For the longest time, it held firm at 92* and just didn't want to get cooler up there. It's still hot, but cool enough for hubby to sleep. I filled empty 2-liter soda bottles with water and froze them, it's a cheapie way of packing the deck cooler with ice for waters and such for the kids during the day so they're not running in and out for it. When the ice in the bottles thaws, just refreeze 'em

I took a few of those 2-liters and lined them up behind the box fan in the bedroom window to try to bring the room down a few degrees. It worked in the sense that the breeze was slightly cooler, though the room as a whole wasn't. The breeze was just enough for hubby to get to sleep.

We also got some solar window screening to replace the old aluminum window screens in direct sun with, that actually has made a tremendous difference in the kitchen, living room, and even our bedroom (its still hot during the day right now, but quite a few degrees less hot, 92* is a hell of a lot better than 100*+)

For something that ran us a hair over $20, we figured we'd do it ourselves instead of bugging the rental company to do it, it'll pay for itself over the next few months via the electric bill. The screens needed replaced anyway, and these are well within their very few window alteration restrictions. In other words, didn't even have to ask about redoing screens, that's up to us unless we wanted blackout screens -- THEN we have to ask about it.
Now, if we'd wanted to put up mirror window tint, they'd have said hell NO, and they don't want tint adhered with adhesive put up, so the tint we put up a couple years ago is the static cling kind you put up with soapy water. A little less clear to see through, but works just as well with a lot less mess. Where there's a will and a rule in the way, there's always a workaround

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Some night time chill-out music to drift off to...🎵🎵

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork

Are you a fairy for real?

Faery, Elf...something magical for sure.

Welcome to the Shed! Make yourself at home.
edit on 30-6-2019 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Bahaha! Yes the pixie will fluff back up ok. Glad you arrived safely.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

How lovely! Thank you!
What can we call you for short, because that is a looong posting name. Lol

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Wakes up, scratches head, looks around
New place, hmm. Wonder if I'll find my room this time? To early to go searching.
Hands our doughnuts.

Must venture out before it gets too hot. Toodles
edit on 30-6-2019 by WalkInSilence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Good morning. I'm up early today, too. It's that semi-magical pre-dawn time, when it certainly isn't night any more, the birds are once again newly aware of the approaching sunrise and begin pecking their voices against the quiet that hangs in the air like wet laundry in a still room. Too early to garden, too early to drink.

I'm envying that neck flexibility. Such a comfy-looking owl. Decades of computer use has given me a long road to shoulder health. Those doughnuts look cheerfully and deliciously poison. Enjoy.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I tried making trees. I used wire, lots and lots of hot glue, and clay. Once the clay is dry I'll add foliage, maybe paint, and add stuff to the base. I'm not really happy with how it came out so far. Maybe it'll look better with foliage. I hope. I might leave out the hot glue and clay and just wrap the wires in masking tape and then paint it oak brown.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Hi. new Shed, nice

Second hangover day and i came to my friend's place. It was too hard for me to be alone at home today. We had a really good and hopefully productive talk too. I said that i need some help, because most of the time life feels unbearable and i can't make it on my own. So he had an idea that he can help me. Starting monday (tomorrow) we are going to clean up my apartment a bit. Then he makes sure i make some phone calls. To doctors and such.

So i have not given up yet. I have to continue trying. This time i just need some help, and i am thankful that i got it.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Wow, a new Shed thread!

Thank you for setting it up, Night! And as a Shed thread needs its cute animal pics, here's some of our Kitty and her two kitties that I took the other day:
Momma giving her kitties a feed as she also gives them a wash...

The kitties playing a little while later while their Momma was resting...

...And she really needed that rest. She slept on my bed for about three hours...

She's always liked sleeping there, but especially so when it's hotter weather. For example, right now at just after 3 pm it's 32 C. outside (about 90 F) but in here it's 22 C (¬72 F). Where the kitties currently live in the main hallway it's a little cooler still (cca 70 F), but that's very comfy for them. No air-conditioning here, just an old house with a steep-pitched roof and very thick, stone walls.

I hope you're all doing well and managing with whatever the weather is sending your way. I saw Nyiah's post about her battles to get her home cooler and I can sympathize, having suffered similar when Dada and I still lived in the flat in Prague.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

How lovely! Thank you!
What can we call you for short, because that is a looong posting name. Lol

'EMN' works just fine.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Glad you made your way over Wis! Have a lovely day!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join