It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 181
<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy
a reply to: Sheye

Hello friend. I had absolutely nothing to do with the time i have. So i spent some of that time to find a gif that i can approve.

... and a very nice gif it is indeed, my friend !

Hope you find some merry in the holidays ahead Fin.. even if it is one small act of kindness you observe or do that makes that difference.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

Hope you find some merry in the holidays ahead Fin.. even if it is one small act of kindness you observe or do that makes that difference.

I helped yesterday and feeling real good about that. I was walking home, and this young about 20 year old, seemed like an experienced substance user. Came to me. I was thinking "okay a situation is about to happen but i will get through this, just like before"

"Apologize me, but would you happen to have twenty cents, so i could buy noodles from a nearby store"

I had exactly two coins of ten cents each. I gave them to him and he said "Thank you and i wish you a good day"

That encounter made me feel nicely warm.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

That is beautiful Sheye. A real xmas.

Kind regards

Bally

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

That is so kind Sir Fin.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

That is so kind Sir Fin.

Kind regards,

Bally

Life does not always give you what you want. But at times, it does just that. A couple of months ago i walked home from a friend's place, and i cried but didn't even try to hide it because it was raining heavily so i was "stealth"

I thought to myself "I wish i would see a little squirrel right now" it could not have been more than two seconds, and the squirrel was there. For a moment, we made eye contact. My crying stopped but i started to contemplate about how things really work here in this universe.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

So let me get this right. Sweet old Mrs Claus was catching a train as she is leaving Santa. She is tired of him using all the gold to buy frankincense and myrrh which gives him the young hipster look. Of course it has some unpleasant side effects which you witnessed so you felt the the need to protect her from Santa?

Otherwise I'm proud of you for taking it upon yourself to prevent Santa hat guy from doing anything unpleasant to the older lady. Good job!

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I don't know how to put this the right way. Maybe there is no right way. But your everyday struggles make me feel bad. My nonsense is different, i have caused it to myself and i deserve no pity.

I know a couple of men or women who have lost their spouses due to death. My viewpoint is, that when a spouse dies, then the one who is left alive here, dies a little bit too. And that damage can not be healed. Ever.

Timely said to me "take one thing at a time" and i say that to you now. And stay away from alcohol. It "helps" for a moment but backfires the morning after.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I thought to myself "I wish i would see a little squirrel right now" it could not have been more than two seconds, and the squirrel was there. For a moment, we made eye contact. My crying stopped but i started to contemplate about how things really work here in this universe.

You have such simple heart felt stories Fin that I enjoy reading very much. Your squirrel story reminded me of one of my own.

Our family ( my husband at the time and our two children).. who were very young, were on the way to visit my mom and dad. On the way there I was meditating on how much I loved my dad and hoping that God had big love for him also. My father loved birds, so in my heart I asked God to show me a sign of his love for my dad.
As we drove up into their driveway I quietly started crying as I saw a huge tree in my parent’s backyard absolutely filled with birds.. on every branch.. a full tree.. like an army of birds. I had to explain to my husband the secret wish I had made. That sign came within two minutes of asking God that question.
Insignificant to others but something I’ll never forget.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The story thus far,

As most of you know,

Re entering the atmosphere -

Me, "Why is it so hot Wal?"

Wal, "Won't be long and we should be over the pacific ocean."

Me, "Looks, good. What are those?"

Wal, " I am checking the screen, Looks like two jet fighters, maybe F18's?'

'Barp barp barp' sounded over the Karen Carpenter music.

Clifford, walks into the cockpit. " I've just finished baking these pumpkin scones."

Me, "Beauty Clifford, is that butter on them?"

Clifford, "Sure is, want me to prepare one for you Wal?"

Wal, "Get real."

Me, "Ummm nom nom nom."

Wal, "Methinks due to mass versus energy we have gone back in time. Einstein was wrong."

Me, "And?"

Wal "We've exceeded mass to a point where we are probably 80 percent of our normal equivalent mass. We have gone past equilibrium and instead of travelling into the future we have actually entered the past."

Me, "How can you tell smartypants"

Wal, "Pics, from early 2000's or it didn't happen. This is us. The time divergence on the screen tells it all."

Me, coughing,, "So what do we do?"

Clifford, "Another buttered pumpkin scone bally?"

Me, "Not just now Cliff mate."

Wal, "Hangon to yer hats, I'm taking us straight up."

With that, Wally took us up into orbit in a matter of seconds.

Me, "Hey, look at that Wal. There are heaps of ships just like ours." 'waves.'

Me, "Crikey, someone just waved back!"

Wal, "That person is you. We are caught in a time dilation. I'm gonna make some adjustments to put us on track to the shed in our timeline."

Next episode - I fight with myself as we find the shed.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

I was wondering when we would hear more of your story bally. I love this tale!

Thank you for writing again! Now I am thinking that maybe I should move my Elfie self along in her story. Elfie self is not to be confused with Elf on a shelf.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I don't know how to put this the right way. Maybe there is no right way. But your everyday struggles make me feel bad. My nonsense is different, i have caused it to myself and i deserve no pity.

I know a couple of men or women who have lost their spouses due to death. My viewpoint is, that when a spouse dies, then the one who is left alive here, dies a little bit too. And that damage can not be healed. Ever.

Timely said to me "take one thing at a time" and i say that to you now. And stay away from alcohol. It "helps" for a moment but backfires the morning after.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me my friend.

You are right on target when describing my feelings about losing my wife. It truly felt like half of my heart was ripped out of my body as the reality of the situation had no reference for me to understand what was going on. My heart was already damaged by a previous heart attack and I've lost part of my mind (brain) from a head injury so I felt that I have died a few times already. As reality of that day of my lost was so foggy to me I had to touch the shoulder of one of the emergency workers to confirm that this was not just a bad dream.

Healing from loss never really 100% happens. It's like having a wrecked car that can't be fixed and learning how to incorporate that into one's daily life. It takes time to process all of what happened and try to go on but it keeps getting harder and harder when the world does it's best to keep putting up brick walls down any path I take.

Quick fixes such as alcohol are just that, quick fixes. I understand it won't solve the problems so that I avoid. Thank you for your advice. Like my story pains you yours does the same to me. I wish there was more that I could do but I understand how these things are an inner beast that must be fought from the inside.

The strange part of bringing up alcohol is that, in my fantasy world of ever having any money again, I plan on moving someplace that is known for it's wine. I believe there are about 30 wineries in the area, but that is not why I plan on looking into moving there. I'm saving that for another thread.

For now my quick fix consists of spicy cans of chili and canned meats that keep my mind of things for a short time but have way too much more salt in them than I need.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Just wanted to tell everyone that I love all the things you share in here, your personal stories and feelings, your videos and music, your kind hearts etc.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I was wondering when we would hear more of your story bally. I love this tale!

Thank you for writing again! Now I am thinking that maybe I should move my Elfie self along in her story. Elfie self is not to be confused with Elf on a shelf.

Cheers. If I see myself and off-siders walk into a mirror from the previous shed. We won't be following them even though it was fun. We are now younger than what we would be. If that makes sense.

Cue twighlight zone music.

Bally

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I used to watch that show all the time.

I have too much swimming around in my head tonight and not quite myself. Ya know, too many memories, too many worries and they all hit you at once. I'm on youtube, but will keep checking in though.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I have too much swimming around in my head tonight and not quite myself. Ya know, too many memories, too many worries and they all hit you at once.

You and me both. I've been on a sort of emotional roller coaster this past week. It's making me queasy

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
For now my quick fix consists of spicy cans of chili and canned meats that keep my mind of things for a short time but have way too much more salt in them than I need.

Chili kicks some serious ***. It is the capsaicin. Google the health effects, there is more than you even have time to read

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses
I've been on a sort of emotional roller coaster this past week. It's making me queasy

Share if you feel like that. I am here. I am not much of anything, but i am a listener and the one who responds.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Almighty Lord knows that i have tried. And tried. And tried.

But there is a little problem..

Words won't speak anything. Thoughts will not speak anything. It is our actions that define us as a character.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

I hear ya! My anxiety and depression have been kicking in. Kind of lost in a sea of a thousand thoughts. I try to sit and just go with the flow, ride out the emotions. Tomorrow is another day. Maybe it will be a good one. Why don't we sit by the fireplace with some hot cocoa and take some deep breaths. Anyone who is feeling down or blah can join us.

We'll make it through this. We are Warriors. Me, Ima warrior/worrier. Lol

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Love Chris Cornell!

top topics

<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join