It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 180
<< 177  178  179    181  182  183 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

You are a strong man. And a beautiful soul. I see many people like that here in The Shed. Do you have the authority to give me "the sheriff's helper" status? I have no muscles or willpower to do anything about bad men or women, but i would give you a promise to fight against anything that is evil. Anything that is wrong. If that means making coffee and food to real police, so it shall be done.

I have to admit, because honesty is all that i have now. I am crying and drinking wine. I ask you to not feel sorry for me, this is all my fault. But i am done with screaming insults to my bathroom mirror. It only takes away the little energy i have in this life.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Thank the good lord for patient people. Maybe I'll be one someday.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Christmas shopping is just about done, hubby and the older kid went and did theirs yesterday. They got the younger one some gifts, and today, he'll take the younger one shopping to get the older one some gifts. And boom, just like that, Christmas shopping is done in 2 days, lol.

I did order hubby a book online that he's been wanting, it was the most surefire way I could think of to get it without him knowing about it (he's only expressed interest in this one book this year, called Smoke Gets In Your Eyes, a book a mortician wrote) He thinks he's getting cologne, but naw, he's still working through the bottle from his birthday, lol. He won't see this coming at all!

Although, I know what I'm getting already. Because he went braindead and opened his yap in front of me talking with the older kid -- a full set of ergonomic crochet hooks in all the sizes. YAY!! That's awesome! But still, mind the present company when discussing gifts, yeesh.

Yesterday, when we were out running our errands before the daddy-daughter shopping trip, we ran into the kids' friend from down the street clear across town in a store there. We walked in the door of the store, and were instantly greeted with the loud little brother yelling, "HEY, IT'S YOU GUYS! HIIIIIIIIII YOU GUUUUUUUUUUUYS!" Hubby winced, "Oh god, it's Full Volume Freddy, what the hell." (the boy has zero concept of an indoor voice)
What are the odds they'd have been in the same store miles away, lol. The girls did their squeals and hugging and chatting, then everybody had to part ways in the store to do their thing. Lo and behold, at the check-out, "HIIIII AGAIN, YOU GUUUUYS!" They were in the next check-out lane, lol. More girly squeals and hugging, and everybody paid and went their separate ways out the door again. Evidently, we took different routes home, but took the same amount of time to get there, because both cars turned on the street from opposite incoming directions, and 4 kids were wildly waving at each other, lmao.

Nobody hung out that afternoon, though. The younger kid and I crashed for a nap for a while, and hubby and the older kid hung out before heading out to shop.

Lol, I will forever associate that store with "HIIII YOU GUUUUUYS!" from now on, that was just funny & unexpected XD

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Wax on, wax off. It's a gradual process. Here's a little ditty for you. Echoes, influences, reverberations, big on the vibes. And I believe an eclectic collection of vintage and modern equipment. If music be the food of love, play on.

Patience is a virtue, virtue is a grace.
Grace was a little girl who never washed her face.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

You sound like an awfully funny lady, it's great. To pick up on a single element of your story though, now you have to practice your surprised face when present-opening time comes around?

"Oh Wow!!! I TOTALLY never expected...this." Scans room for reaction...

I wish you luck and hope hubby doesn't read your ATS posts.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Finspiracy

Fin, you need to get to a Doctor or emergency room to get checked out. Severe pain means that something is wrong. Don't wait!

I like you. But you already knew that. I just wanted to say that again.

Listen to me now: It just is something like this when a person is a problematic alcoholic. Sometimes the person just burns, the flames can not be seen but they are truly felt. It goes away, doctors or no doctors. I think there is a saying in USA "comes with the territory" i am not sure if i am right with this and too disoriented to google but it kind of means, if you do this stuff, then this stuff will happen.

I have burned before. I will burn again. Comes with the territory.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Haha. I enjoyed your post.

Here, even hardware stores have Christmas advertising.

So how does this pattern work in real life?

"Dear wife of mine, i bought this for you, this Christmas. It is a stainless steel hammer with a really good rubber handle. Just for you"

I know, i shouldn't generalize, some women would love that gift. But i would seek elsewhere

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
A Christmas angel for all the Sheddites..

May each and every one of you have a meaningful and joy filled holiday season.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

That was a very cool video!

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Wow, I got behind in here. Awesome to see everyone today!

Mornings with Kaya Kitty.

Kya kitty decides that waking up Mommy is a good idea.

Me: Morning? I don't do mornings!

Kya: Mommy, mommy, mommy!!!!

Me: Pets kitty cat to comfort him and shut him up.

Kya: Get up, get up, get up NOW!!!!

Me: Big sigh, walks like a zombie to get a cup of coffee, feeds Kya, pets him again then puts him in the chair next to me.

Kya: curls up and falls asleep.

Me: Blinks. Sips coffee and can no longer sleep.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It's Saturday and the Shed is busy for a change which is good.

For me, I'm having a bad day which means Night Star gets a PM to read.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
For those you tired of viewing logs burning in a fireplace videos all day long...

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I'm tempted to watch all nine hours, if only to see if the cat's tail gets caught in the vacuum.
edit on 12/14/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

edit on 14/12/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: (no reason given)

Tales from the punchbowl

So. I went to the shop today. (It's almost my birthday. Shhh!) As I exit the public underground transportation system I notice a man of around my age acting like a drugged-up idiot. He is wearing a Santa hat to emphasise himself even more than his stupid drugged-up behaviour. I take note and keep walking to my destination and return to the public transportation system to go home.

I walk down the stairs and stand next to a bench where an older lady (70+?) is sitting alone while waiting for the train. Somehow the drugged-up Santa-hat wearing idiot has made it to the platform. (Inaccessible unless you have a valid electronic card to open the barriers which drugged-up people usually don't have.) The older lady is sitting alone on the bench and Mister High-as-a-kite Santa is 20 metres to her left talking (shouting) to his reflection in a metal service door on the platform with a beer in his hand. People on the opposite platform are staring at him too I notice. I judge the situation for a moment and then walk to the other side of the bench so that I am standing inbetween Santa and the older woman. She looks at me (bear in mind, I have the dirty hippy look down to a tee so well that most people wouldn't piss on me if I was on fire) and she says "What are you supposed to think?", referring to Santa. I reply with a single word and a sad smile "Drugs." She nods. I add "This is also why I just changed position and now I am between you and him." She looks at me again, nods once more and smiles. A small gesture, but it lets me know she appreciated it.

The train (tube/subway/metro) arrives and I point to a carriage slightly further away than she probably would have stepped into normally, just in case Santa decides to lose it completely. It is Saturday night and busy so I let her go first and take her seat. Cracky stays on the platform. When my stop arrives, I wish her a pleasant evening and exit the train. She nods and smiles again. Job done.

tl;dr Don't be a drugged-up idiot in public even when wearing a Santa hat. This is why I hate large cities. Rotterdam... And not all dirty hippies are bad.

P.S. Night, you have a PM 2. It has Santa and sparkles and stuff. The non-drugged up, cracky-mylacky subtle approach.

"Whoot whoooot!"
edit on 14/12/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

Comedic effect.

edit on 14/12/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

I'm tempted to watch all nine hours, if only to see if the cat's tail gets caught in the vacuum.

No spoilers please. I can hardly wait for next years sequel.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Okay then.

2:10 AM and drinking wine and listening to Finnish metal. Anyone doing something more productive? I truly hope so.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

Don’t bother.. I watched for close to three hours waiting for something exciting before it dawned on me that it was on a loop. 🙄

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Not bad Ive been listening to a lot of Norse and Celtic stuff recently,the guy below is neither of those 2,I think, I believe he does the whole song meaning he has an incredible range

edit on 14-12-2019 by khnum because: boo boo

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Hello friend. I had absolutely nothing to do with the time i have. So i spent some of that time to find a gif that i can approve.

new topics

top topics

<< 177  178  179    181  182  183 >>

join