It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 155
<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Yep. The name and artwork triggered my memory. Still not sure which book I read. Maybe Daughter Of The Forest?

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

OMG, Lol

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Stars for you Fin.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Maybe you read her book "Birds Like ATS Members"?

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
It is 4.30 pm here.

I went out for a smoke and decided, it is a bit warm today.

I was not expecting such warm conditions but it is far better then being cold.

I decided to check the temperature.

44.1 C

111F

That's flamin hot mate. Keep the fluids up. Only 35C here today but still had to come inside.

Take care P,

Bally

Hmm.

Bit early but it is nice.

down to 29 C for tomorrow.

Well, this should send the cold packing.

P

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I was smoking a cigarette at my balcony and this pixie showed up to visit me.

She said that her name is Mary and she can make everyone relaxed. I was like "Sounds good to me, but i am already totally relaxed, but i think you should visit Night Star" She said "yeah" and is on her way there now.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I got myself drunk somehow and looking to spark up conversations online.

Strange bedroom. A couple of piles of clothes, empty potato chip bags and pizza boxes. I refuse to do any cleaning today. But nevertheless:

"This is my church
This is where I heal my hurts
It's in natural grace
Or watching young life shape
It's in minor keys
Solutions and remedies
Enemies becoming friends
When bitterness ends
This is my church"

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy
I got myself drunk somehow and looking to spark up conversations online.

Strange bedroom. A couple of piles of clothes, empty potato chip bags and pizza boxes. I refuse to do any cleaning today. But nevertheless:

"This is my church
This is where I heal my hurts
It's in natural grace
Or watching young life shape
It's in minor keys
Solutions and remedies
Enemies becoming friends
When bitterness ends
This is my church"

Your prose has inspired me. My effort,

THE CHOOK! (Aussie slang for chickens)

While saving the chooks from the burning coop,
Fire, flames, darkness, what a sight.
One by one I picked them up and placed them in my bin.
But one took flight!
Into the smokey red night!
Crikey! Poor flamin thing.
I heard a loud "Buk Buk Buk" like sing.
Fading into the ember and flame wind.

So I put the others in a safe place,
and continued on my merry chase.
Around the house that needed a douse,
Until I could finally take a break.
A very red sun rose and I took stock.
I found the hen that fled the flock.
Singed, crisp, what a horrible death that would be.
Rolled a smoke to get on with it again,
Thinking, that could have been me.

(To be read in good spirits.)

My kind regards,

Bally

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001
Olet kiva mies

I had the intention to comment about this yesterday but i forgot. Truly impressive. "Be" is "Olla" here. Many foreigners who have been here only for a while would have said "Olla kiva mies" Which translates into "To be a nice man" You said "Olet kiva mies". That is flawless Finnish, "You are a nice man"

You are a nice man too. And getting better and better in speaking Finnish!

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Oh my heavens! This coffee is great!

I just made coffee mostly out of a habit. And now this tastes excellent in my mouth and gives me energy

I have plenty to share if someone wants or needs.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 04:39 AM
link   
LOL

My best friend's daughter lost a milk tooth. Making way for permanent teeth. I just received a picture of her smiling, and i just melted. So adorable.

I didn't have a tooth fairy when i was a child. I had a tooth mouse. Me and my mom, we lived in an old building, which in the past had gas pipes. Gas pipes was taken away, replaced by electricity. So there was a tiny hole in the kitchen wall, where the gas pipe used to be. If i lost a milk tooth, i put it into that hole, and at night, the tooth mouse had replaced the tooth with a five mark coin. Roughly equals to one dollar today.

Yes, fairy tales aside. Mouse tales aside. Of course it was my mom who took away the tooth from the gas pipe and replaced it with a coin for me to find in the morning. I miss her. My mom. That is no fairy tale, that is the truth. I only wanted to be a good son and do the right thing, but i was unable and now i think i am going to cry.
edit on 21-11-2019 by Finspiracy because: Sorry, i got taken away by emotions and made a typo

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Hugs Fin!
Have you tried to call your Mom or visit? It breaks my heart that she hasn't reached out to you yet. Perhaps you should try to call and see what happens. I am thinking she is missing you too.

ETA I forgot to thank you for the pixie!

edit on 21-11-2019 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

Maybe you read her book "Birds Like ATS Members"?

Nope, not that one. LOL

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Enjoyed your prose Bally! How are the fires out your way?

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Hugs Fin!
Have you tried to call your Mom or visit? It breaks my heart that she hasn't reached out to you yet. Perhaps you should try to call and see what happens. I am thinking she is missing you too.

ETA I forgot to thank you for the pixie!

No, that is a negative, my lady.

I sent greetings to her via my big sister. Haven't heard anything back. She just had enough of me. I can't blame for that.

Editing to add: I don't even have her phone number. I lost myself a couple of months ago and i split my 2 phone SIM cards in half and then i flushed them down the toilet.

Don't worry about me darling. This is all my fault. My summer alcohol poisoning and rejecting treatment. My one and only wish is that my mom is feeling better now, now that i am not in her life anymore. I am a parasite. You may not see it like that here at The Shed, but i have no human value and i am not anybody.
edit on 21-11-2019 by Finspiracy because: Trying to tell somerhing

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Don't you think for one moment that you have no human value. YOU DO! Do not for one moment think that you are nobody. You ARE someone! You are loved and cherished here and I treasure your friendship.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Oh Nightie! You touched me. Emotionally. I cried a little bit but that crying did not feel bad at all. I don't actually know what exactly happened, i think i felt like i am being accepted and it felt really good.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

You bring much joy and love to our beautiful realm and to our lives. Don't ever forget that.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: bally001

Enjoyed your prose Bally! How are the fires out your way?

From my perspective the fires have settled here but have progressed north somewhat with friends being evacuated about 40 klicks north.

I may meet my first ATS member personally tomorrow (Saturday). Coming to get a third party perspective for me rather than me tell the story of what occurred. Very nice of them to take the time to do so.

Meeting another ATSer face to face is something I can tick off my 'bucket list'. Hope to get some good pics for sharing.

Another day here. Daylight peeping through the smoke haze at 5.20am. Battery about to redline on my laptop and time to blow the candle out. Might make a coffee and go for a walk to spot roos. Saw a fox the other day and it's a nice time to listen for birds. Bit of therapy doing a fauna count. Roosters are have a crowing competition outside as I tap the keys. Nature calls.

Catch up again when I charge everything up with the generator.

Kind regards and best wishes,

Bally

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
"Go for a walk to spot roos" How Aussie is that

Kangaroos are herbivores. They eat grasses, flowers, leaves, ferns, moss and even insects. Like cows, kangaroos regurgitate their food and re-chew it before it is ready to be totally digested.

I would need two bags. One for my beer and one that has iceberg salad. Then the roo has to listen to my worries and get some food in return.

new topics

top topics

<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join