It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 150
<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Quick G'day to everyone !

Hope all are well.
Auto and Bug are regularly in the acronym thread, as is Light ( although not recently ) Bally is still AWOL which is of concern ...

The fires have claimed 5 lives and there are over 300 homes lost,
not to mention the myriad of wildlife killed.

Our firefighters are still as busy as one armed wallpaperers !

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Ah, one of our missing Sheddites shows up.

How the hell are you Hun?

I'm thinking our dear Bally is ok and can't get online for a while. His name wasn't one of the 5 right? Hope he didn't lose his home. I've been thinking about him every day and praying.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I was recently thinking about lightspeeddriver. Hope he's doing alright wherever he is. I enjoy his posts.

Hope everyone's doing well tonight (or today, as the case may be).

I went on a cruise with a coffee and listened to the 1994 Live album Throwing Copper, an album that I listened to obsessively as a boy in eighth grade. Other than occasionally hearing "Lightening Crashes" or "I Alone" on FM radio, I haven't revisited it since. I probably sold my original copy for cigarette money in high school.

There was something magical about the experience tonight. I remembered most of the melodies and many of the words to the songs. A sort of feeling-memory complex swept over me, as if listening to the album opened a wormhole and I had momentary access to the innocence and hope I still hadn't lost when I listened to the album all those years ago.

I think the album holds up well all these years later. Judge for yourself, if you like. Cheers to all.

edit on 11/17/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Always loved that song! Great choice!

Past my bedtime, but still awake. I don't think I have a bedtime. I sleep when I'm tired enough. Guess I'm not tired enough...yet.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Poor sleep for me last night. An ear ache kept me awake for too long. Wearing a scarf around my head with a hat on top to keep my head warm and feeling better.

Currently watching...

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Sorry you didn't sleep well Blue. I slept like a baby.

To Be Of Service looks wonderful! These service dogs have done so much for people. Little heroes.
So sad that so many of our military men and women end up with post traumatic stress.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Yes, it was an interesting and educating movie.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
That was a great video. A service dog would be so great but the expense is astronomical.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

THX ma'am! I've queued it

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: kinglizard
That was a great video. A service dog would be so great but the expense is astronomical.

Glad that you got to watch it. There's no way I could afford a service dog at $30,000. I'd have to start out small and get a service snail.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Argh, the power's been flickering on and off briefly all day, it just went out completely about half an hour ago. It's a good thing I didn't start today's load of laundry yet, or it'd be sitting there for a prolonged soak from a cancelled cycle (power loss clears the cycle on my machine) and I'd be real steamed about wasting the soap & water -- it auto drains when power's re-established.

Now I get to sit here & check the power company website on my cell & see if it's restoration estimate is refigured to be any earlier than 6

I might pop on ATS here & there, but I really don't want to drain my battery browsing if power is estimated to come back on later instead (would not surprise me any)

Now, where's that mango pie, I think I need a piece while the coffee's still hot....

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: kinglizard

I have read a bit about these dogs and how the person who is to get one, must train with the dog. Looks so cool and what a comfort to have one of the Angel dogs by your side. I don't know anything about the cost though.

If someone is disabled though physically, who takes cares of the dogs and walks them I wonder.

I met a lady who trained service dogs and got to meet one of them. She was so beautiful and sweet.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

The lovely Zazz! I missed you!!!!!! HUGS!

How is everything going Love?

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Losing power sucks! Hope you don't have to wait too long. I could send a lot of faeries your way for light. Or, I could use my elven power, but I don't know if it would reach that far.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

originally posted by: kinglizard

Glad that you got to watch it. There's no way I could afford a service dog at $30,000. I'd have to start out small and get a service snail.

OH WOW! I missed this. That is crazy! Doesn't medical cover some of the cost? I'd try to find a very smart dog and at least train it to help in some way. I dunno.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I have no answer on who pays the cost of the service dogs. However below is an example of a program that says it cost them $34,000 to train a dog for two years but offers them at no charge for vets and others in need of such.

Patriot Paws

The waiting list is 2 plus years.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Awww, great folks to do that for others free of charge.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Hello 'darlin.

On a more serious note.
Have all my Aussies checked in from the awful fires?

Love to all of you affected, I know it's been brutal for some.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Bally is AWOL.

He was near Nimboida - in the thick of the mid Nth.Coast fires.
It would be no surprise to hear that he lost everything, though I hope not.
He did have his Wife and dogs move to safety. Hopefully he has joined them and has more important things to deal with than logging on here. ( he should anyway... the bugger has us all revved up ! )

Absolutely devastating fires ...

Hope you are well Zazz !☺️

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Haven't heard from Bally in over a week. Someone made a thread about him here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join