It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antifa attacks journalist in Portland

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hi...I'm from someplace sane.

Can someone tell me if Gay, Asian, White Supremacists are common in Portland?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

First the only difference between this and Charlottesville is that no one Antifa beat died Had Ngo died, it would be the same

That's just not true. First off, I don't for a second believe this "brain bleed" bull#. But let's assume that he had a literal intracranial hemorrhage for the sake of argument. He sustained this from what was it, two punches?

So you're saying that throwing a couple of punches at somebody is basically the same thing as running them over in a car? The expectation when you drive at speed into a crowd of people, is that people are going to die and those who don't will be grievously injured. I don't think most people have that expectation when they punch somebody.

That's why it's assault and not attempted murder. The fact that you're trying to equate what amounts to a terrorist attack with a fatality and multiple serious injuries to a person getting punched twice blows my mind.

Charlottesville was also basically an invasion of far-right people from all over the country. Heather Heyer was in her own town, run down in the street by some neo-Nazi who drove in from states away. And again, Heather Heyer was one of many victims. There were something like two dozen other people wounded, some very seriously.

“I just heard three bumps,” Peterson said — realizing only later than two were his vehicle running over her right leg, and one reversing back over it. “I saw Heather Heyer up in the air and remember thinking to myself ‘That’s what someone’s eyes look like when they are dead.'” Permanent injuries Peterson, who said she used to be fast on her feet but only recently learned to be able to walk again without a wheelchair, and just for short distances, has had five surgeries and is scheduled for a sixth next year.

Another woman:

Her pelvis was broken in six places, resulting in the tearing of a femoral artery and massive internal bleeding.

Her right eye socket was fractured and the bottom three vertebrae of her back bone and tail bone were all shattered

Not even remotely the same things.

Heather heyer was also biased and involved in the two groups clashing. Does that mean she had it coming?

Of course not

You show me video of Ngo beating people

If you can’t, then it is disgusting of you to imply he had it coming by merely reporting against Antifa

I did not imply that he had it coming, that's what you inferred. I point blank stated that he was not a combatant. I don't know why you're trying to virtue signal off this # with me? If a person walked up to you on the street and started insulting your wife in front of you, and you punched that person in the face, did you do something wrong? Yes, you physically assaulted somebody over words. Would it come as a shock to anyone that it happened? No. Would people rush to GoFundMe the guy you punched? I certainly hope not.

Also, I love how people are so upset with the bias on ats of how we look at this clash

But you ignore that it is a result of the msm and prominent people defending Antifa or downplaying them

And guess what, these msm people being biased is way more impactful than ats being biased

That doesn't make sense and it's not true. Look what TheRedneck said — he'd literally never heard of these people. But he sure as hell had heard about Antifa. You talk about "downplaying" when the mainstream right-wing media, the rest of the entirety of right-wing media, right-winger politicians and so on, have completely ignored these right-wing groups and treated violent members as innocent victims. At best. At worst, they've been glorified by right-wing YouTube and social media — just look at all the "Based Stickman" fan art — or mainstreamed as "conservative activists" and "free speech advocates" by anyone on the Right who bothered to take notice.

The situation here is that everyone is clutching pearls over Antifa, mostly nobody even seems to know about the other assholes on the Right. That's the result of right-wing bias filtering out anything negative about the Right.

What's worse, the left-leaning media has fumbled the reporting on this # for years. They still do. There was some interest after Charlottesville and you see things here and there about Proud Boys when they're getting arrested but not even then. You want to see the treatment they get?

I bet you never even heard about this.

Two 'Star' Proud Boys Hit With Felony Assault Charges for Portland Attack

The charges against Flippo and Toese, two of the Proud Boys’ most visible members in their frequent clashes with left-wing activists in the Pacific Northwest region, date back to a June 8, 2018 attack on a liberal critic of the group.

According to police reports, Flippo and Toese were driving around Portland in a truck bearing a flag emblazoned with Donald Trump’s face. A man on the street, Timothy Ledwith, recognized Toese and taunted him about losing his sandals in a previous fight with left-wing anti-fascist activists, Willamette Week reported.

In response, Toese and Flippo got out of the car and pursued Ledwith. Toese, who was wearing an “Antifa Removal Service” shirt during the incident, later told police that he punched Ledwith in the face. Pictures of Ledwith taken after the attack show him with a bloody nose and lip.

Toese and Flippo were arrested a few days after the attack, but released without facing charges. The men were finally charged via a sealed indictment by a grand jury in late February, nine months after the assault.

Toese is an interesting character. I can show you video of him saying he has no problem fighting alongside neo-nazis and white supremacists but that's another thread. Did you mention something about the cops letting Antifa do whatever they want in the OP? You'll enjoy this next bit. So here's Toese with a warrant. The cops chose not to arrest him.

Texts Between Portland Police and Patriot Prayer Ringleader Joey Gibson Show Warm Exchange

Niiya is the commanding officer for the Portland Police Bureau rapid response team that patrols protests. That makes him one of the primary officers collecting intelligence about protest groups in Portland.

On Dec. 8, 2017, Niiya asks Gibson if Toese had "his court stuff taken care of," referring to an active warrant for Toese's arrest. Niiya goes on to say officers ignored the warrant at a past protest and tells Gibson that he doesn't see a need to arrest Toese even if he has a warrant, unless Toese commits a new crime.

"Just make sure he doesn't do anything which may draw our attention," Niiya texted on Dec. 9. "If he still has the warrant in the system (I don't run you guys so I don't personally know) the officers could arrest him. I don't see a need to arrest on the warrant unless there is a reason."

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Hi...I'm from someplace sane.

Can someone tell me if Gay, Asian, White Supremacists are common in Portland?

Listen haven’t you heard?

Gay Asian men need to know their place and not show up where they will anger the noble white peoples in masks, else they deserve getting their head beat in

The streets of Portland are only allowed to be travelled by white people with masks

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

You know the drill -- If you pick the wrong side, you're upholding the white supremacist power structure or something even if you're a gay Asian. Beside which, if Portland, they take their cultural appropriation seriously. You can only make tacos if you're Mexican, so it follows you can only be a right winger if you're white. Andy just won't take the hint, so ANTIFA has to kill him.
edit on 1-7-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The fact you start assumptions by Ngo is lying about his injury says all that is needed

The other people were hit with things like crow bars. On the head

Thank god they didn’t die

You continuously are hypocritical about this

Heyer was in her own hometown, so is Ngo. What does that have anything to do with anything

Your point with Ngo is that he deserves no shmpycause he took sides in these two dumb groups battling each other

With heyer who also took a side with these groups, you defend her. Why is that?

Your whataboutsim with Antifa is always disturbing

I can condemn violence on all sides, no problem

It is really starting to seem like you respect Antifa t

Which honestly is a shame

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Punches with carbon fiber knuckle gloves (video embedded). They're also called Oakley Assault Gloves. They're like comfortable brass knuckles.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
m.huffpost.com...

Show me one msm outlet that defended the attackers that killed the girl in Charlottesville

This is the difference

Main stream left wing people continue to defend this violent mob and make excuses for left wing violence

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

young man, you just may be talking to someone that came up with doxxing, ya never know.

So you are saying that becuase he has a bias that he should be beat? Jim acosta should be terrified

and yeah BBs and Compuserv ruled in the day, just like Geocites and myspace were before Facebook.

Did you think you invented information sharing??

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Some more of ANTIFA's work in Portland.

Warning - graphic pictures at the link.

It appears the sock and padlock may be back in style. And Andy isn't the only gay man ANTIFA had issues with. Apparently these two were beaten while trying to help a gay man in sundress being chased by ANTIFA.
edit on 1-7-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It appears the sock and padlock may be back in style. And Andy isn't the only gay man ANTIFA had issues with. Apparently these two were beaten while trying to help a gay man in sundress being chased by ANTIFA.

But some people say it wasn’t that serious and nothing was life threatening, so we don’t need to worry about it or feel bad for the victims

Amazing how the same crowd that thinks words are violence thinks hitting people on the head with pipes isn’t violence
edit on 1-7-2019 by Grambler because: Took name out it was childish

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Again, you personally put videos on ats of kids yelling maga in defense of the msm and others doxxing and attacking kids at Covington

So if you get beat at a maga rally, does that mean you have it coming?

I don’t think so, I would defend you and denounce those that beat you

How many times are you going to try to lob this # at me? Lmao. First off, I don't know what video of kids yelling MAGA you're talking about unless it's the video where the woman said some of the boys were yelling rude # + "MAGA" at her and her friends?

Yeah, the edited video caused a reaction that wouldn't have resulted if the full video had been released initially. But let's not make a saint out of that kid because he didn't start the staring contest. How is this even relevant?

Have you seen me try to somehow guilt you for spending hours looking through video, trying to document every act of aggression by a non right-wing thug at Charlottesville to somehow detract from the vicious attack that you are even now trying to equate to a man getting punched twice.

Am I trying to remind you how you've in the past defended Joey Gibson and his "free speech" events when now looking at the video demonstrating what he's really about, you have to know that you were wrong? If the shoe was on the other foot, you'd be calling me an enabler.

I'm not excusing anyone's violence. I'm not even trying to argue with you. I'm just trying to get you to see the bigger picture here rather than just watching another "Antifa! Antifa! Look how bad the Left is!" thread go by, pushing the one-sided narrative that permeates the Right, at the expense of reality and any hope we have of uniting people to clean this # up.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Lumenari

Also, antifa isn’t “the left”

Same as white supremacists aren’t “the right”

Right?

Except the left includes the left-wing media whom condone what antifa members do, just like they condone what BLM and other racist left-wing groups do...

White supremacists are a very small minority, which is why the left have to make up racist hoaxes by the ton every year... While antifa exist in almost every state and are a much bigger group than white supremacists.

Not to mention the fact that the left-wing media have also condoned the calls to violence by left-wing professors, and antifa members.

edit on 1-7-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

An Eye fer an Eye Mate . Man's Eternal Struggle .........Hmm............)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

You can call me out when I desperately try to defend the msm smearing kids who are attacked by adult racists by posting g 8 second clips showing some kids some where were rude so this somehow justifies the media distortion against the kids

Until then looking through videos pales in comparison with that

Antifa is defended by the msm, academics, politicians (Keith Ellison for one)

They just beat a journalist l, and that’s worth discussing

After that beat down, people in the main stream defended them or blamed the victim

Your bias is so strong you are already with not proof claiming the victim probably lied about the extent of his injuries

You downplayed an old man being beaten with a crow bar or pipe or something

I even in Charlottesville called out violence on all sides

I never once blamed the victim or said I had no sympathy

That’s what you are doing, and it’s a shame

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

In the interest of fairness, the old guy pictured with blood all over his face was earlier photographed wearing a black helmet and hitting people with a collapsible baton. I'll see if I can find the photo again... I don't think he was attacked just for 'helping a gay man'.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

If You Happen to " Desire " to Punch Me for Some " Obscure Reason " , then I am gonna Punch Back and Beat you to the Ground for Obvious Reasons , and you Won't get Back Up . Man's Law 101 .

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rewey

In the interest of fairness, the old guy pictured with blood all over his face was earlier photographed wearing a black helmet and hitting people with a collapsible baton. I'll see if I can find the photo again... I don't think he was attacked just for 'helping a gay man'.

If the old guy was starting violence it’s worth showing and I have far less sympathy for him

But as far as I am aware Ngo was not engaged in any violence

He was just beat for being a journalist with the wrong take for Antifa

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join