It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antifa attacks journalist in Portland

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

And seeing as how those pictures mean you are unsympathetic to that old guy

If I can find a picture where it looks like heather heyer is engaged in combat or harassment in Charlottesville, will you go off on how you have no sympathy for her as well?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: operation mindcrime

you see I was just paraphrasing as something you guys would say.

Are you in the first grade? You made the statement, not me, and not anyone else. You. At least own it.

Maybe you could keep it simple by trying to not misrepresent what is being said here. I think I have been pretty clear: Antifa is a violent group of criminals; the Proud boys are a violent group of criminals; the police are looking the other way and are thus useless; under these conditions the violence will spread until it explodes and a lot of people get seriously hurt or worse.

What I get from your posts: Ngo had it coming; Antifa is just misunderstood and have a right to be violent; the police shouldn't interfere unless Antifa is attacked.

TheRedneck

The Proud Boys most certainly are not criminals. They are free speech advocates that always have permits for their rallies or attend lawful, permitted events. They rarely if ever initiate the violence and have in fact gone out of their way to protect journalists from being swarmed and beaten by Antifa.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Only if a person were contemplating committing a crime. I can understand a person covering their face in honor of religious customs. If I owned a bank, I wouldn't allow anyone to enter with their face covered. I think the same statute should apply to all public places.

Put another way, I have a right to protect myself and mine. If I see masked people approaching, am I expected to figure out their intent and motives, or should I rightfully assume that they mean somebody ill will; otherwise why cover their faces?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: JohnS23

That's going to have to wait since I don't have my computer to do a thorough search. But to this day I still see people on here, and across the Web, saying that Heather died of a heart attack. Or that she deserved to die because she was "blocking traffic."

A sentiment commonly repeated on this site anytime people on the Left have a protest.

So fringe idiots then.

And they are comparable to prominent members of the left, mainstream media and Democrat politicians in what way?

Your argument is stupid and has no factual basis in reality. Just stop.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Wearing a mask is considered free expression.

Infringing on someone's 1st Amendment right is a rough road to start walking down, even if the intent is innocent.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

The Proud Boys most certainly are not criminals. They are free speech advocates that always have permits for their rallies or attend lawful, permitted events. They rarely if ever initiate the violence and have in fact gone out of their way to protect journalists from being swarmed and beaten by Antifa.

Again, I know so little of the Proud Boys as to be unable to give an informed opinion either way. The video I saw showed that group (Patriot Prayer) possibly antagonizing Antifa... not the same as instigating physically, and Antifa certainly instigated the physicality, but their bad actions do not justify any bad actions taken by others.

We do not need rival groups slugging it out on the streets. We need the law to handle this; otherwise the anger will just grow. That's my main concern, because I have a pretty good idea what could happen if I found myself walking along a sidewalk where unbeknownst to me a rally was taking place, and it is not a pretty picture. No, we need law enforcement... those who gave the order to stand down should be exiled from the country so they can no longer spread their hate and vile. Then the law can take its course.

I'm not even so sure there is a Proud Boys group in Alabama... strange, ain't it?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Most banks around here have a written policy on their door: no dark sunglasses, masks, or hats. Thankfully for me, they don't enforce it strictly. I am never seen in public without my Stetson.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Again, I know so little of the Proud Boys as to be unable to give an informed opinion either way. The video I saw showed that group (Patriot Prayer) possibly antagonizing Antifa... not the same as instigating physically, and Antifa certainly instigated the physicality, but their bad actions do not justify any bad actions taken by others.

We do not need rival groups slugging it out on the streets. We need the law to handle this; otherwise the anger will just grow. That's my main concern, because I have a pretty good idea what could happen if I found myself walking along a sidewalk where unbeknownst to me a rally was taking place, and it is not a pretty picture. No, we need law enforcement... those who gave the order to stand down should be exiled from the country so they can no longer spread their hate and vile. Then the law can take its course.

I'm not even so sure there is a Proud Boys group in Alabama... strange, ain't it?

TheRedneck

I agree that the law needs to do their job, if they had been doing their job the PB's wouldn't exist in their current form. They came to be firstly as kind of an in-joke and then evolved into an informal security squad for Conservatives and Free Speech advocates that were being assaulted by Antifa.

This situation illustrates perfectly that if and when the SHTF the cops will NOT be on the side of the right as so many Conservatives have deluded themselves into believing.

Pretty much everything the media says about the group is a lie. They aren't far right, racist, Christian, neo fascist or whatever other stupid labels the media slanders them with. Remember that this is the same media that praises an openly Communist group in Antifa so their judgement is biased to say the least.

It's unfortunate that its come to this but you also cant let a group like Anitfa run amok unchallenged. That's also the wrong path to take.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Why are you assuming the cops didn't do anything?

If the cops are NOT on the side of the right, as you state, who is assaulting these cops?

Two officers were pepper sprayed, another was punched and a colleague was hit in the head with a projectile during what police labelled a “civil disturbance

It makes no sense.

Maybe it was this guy...

Clearly Antifa thug hidding his face....ohh wait what's that on his scarf.

At what point are we going to drop the issue of which side is the worst?

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

At what point will you drop the “both sides are bad so a journalist should not have been there and expected to be beat “ issue

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

At the point where we agree that if police tell you to stand clear because there is a clear and present danger and you ignore it to prove a point.

At the one hand you want police to act harder on violence but on the other hand you defend that people should ignore them...

I'm all for the freedom of press but if your persona is enciting violent reactions and police have a clear indication your reporting could escalate a situation that is already hard to control are you not obstructing that same police. At what point is the choice to report more important than helping to de-escalate.

Ofcourse they can't override the freedom of the press and Ngo should not have to fear for his life while moving about freely doing his job but he is not helping and you could question his motives.

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Yes just like those blacks and journalist were told by the Jim Crow south police they should stay home because they were inciting violence

Unreal

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Once again we are busy fighting each other while the alien overlords or the lying bastards or whatever the # are watching and laughing. Free speech and anti-fascism are not opposed to one another. It's why the fascists have to silence dissent, sometimes the offensive idea is the correct one. I dont need you to tell me what ideas I can hear. I need to hear the bad ideas to know why they are wrong. A clear line that most everyone can agree on is when it stops being a thought experiment and turns to violence. Fascist right I'm gonna ask you real nice to stop gassing everyone, Marxists I'm gonna go ahead and ask that you please stop this by any means necessary stuff. We are human beings goddamnit, stop fighting like wolves. Can we get to that kumbaya stuff? How do we get there? How do we stop humanity from cannibalizing itself?
edit on 7/1/2019 by revswim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I'm trying to understand the point you are making but I'm assuming that you suggest that police brutality is at play here....?

I have to read up on the whole Jim Crow stuff but from my 30sec. reading I get you are hinting at police brutality and how they did not want reporting on their activities?

That's terrible stuff...

But how does that compare with this incident?

Is the police in question here or Antifa thugs...I'm confused.

You did not answer the question if the need to report by this guy outweighs the need to keep the peace between two violent gangs.

Peace
edit on 1-7-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

There is a reason why reporters are often embedded in army divisions.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

The comparison is. It’s incidents of police standing down to thugs

The msm has glorified these thugs

A reporter went on to report on it

That outweighs the police who stood down telling a reporter not to go

If police tell a woman to put on a longer skirt or she will excite men into attacking her, do you blame her as well?
edit on 1-7-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah I get that...

But you guys seem to be hidding behind the right to freedom of press to answer the question if the need to report by mr. Ngo outweighs the risk it presented.

This not about the freedom of the press. This is about a person who was marked by one side. Wether this was by miscommunication or mr. Ngo's reporting isn't important.

There was a clear danger of his persona (not the entire free press) enticing violence. Police, who are tasked with keeping the peace, asked mr. Ngo to stand clear because of this risk. This wasn't intel only the police knew...everybody involved knew mr. Ngo was a target.

He is either not willing to bow down to treats or he is provoking a reaction either way you slice it, it was his choice to ignore other interests above his own.

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
If police tell a woman to put on a longer skirt or she will excite men into attacking her, do you blame her as well?

If that woman is visiting cellblock C....I would understand.

Man...you and your fixations...it's not healthy

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

At what point do you believe the truth should be silenced?

You have to have realized by now that reporting by the regular press on what is going on in Portland is not exactly the full truth. The only real reporting we have is what is done on the ground by those willing to go in like Andy Ngo and actually film it. They're also the ones who get threatened and are not defended by the police.

The reason goes back to the problem -- the authorities in Portland tacitly approve on ANTIFA there. They allow it to happen.

Had Andy Ngo raised a hand in his own defense, whom do you think the cops would have arrested? The problem is that Ngo's tapes show the truth. ANTIFA runs wild there and the cops allow it. I'm sure some approve of it, and others are embarrassed to be seen not doing their jobs. Either way, it's a reinforcing issue and none are ever brave enough to break ranks with their unionized coworkers assuming some feel the impulse.

Again, I would point out that if Ngo is busy making lies about this group of ANTIFA, it would be easy enough for them to counter him with their own videos, but they never do. Why might that be?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

originally posted by: Grambler

If that woman is visiting cellblock C....I would understand.

Man...you and your fixations...it's not healthy

I think a person who sees a journalist beaten by a mob and whose first take is “yep he had that coming” is not healthy

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join