It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antifa attacks journalist in Portland

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Here what I don’t understand about your take

I can go back to the Charlottesville thread and see you acting in the exact opposite way

You weren’t posting videos about how both sides were bad or actors

You weren’t digging in to see if you could find videos of the girl that was killed acting in a bias way

No instead you were very concerned about the dangers of one side

But strangely every time Antifa beats people, there you are to make excuses for them

The people they beat are actors who you don’t feel sympathy for

Like Ngo, or the old man in the videos posted. You don’t even know who the old man is, but you declare you don’t care because he must have been a mutual combatant

If your criteria is a bias journalist has it coming, will you say that if a maga crowd beats a cnn journalist?

If Jim Acosta is beaten at a trump rally an is hospitalized with a brain bleed, will you be here to tell everyone he is not a journalist and show videos of him being biased?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You want to talk about innocent bystanders caught in the crossfire.

There was an event where ANTIFA in Portland blocked traffic and started redirecting people like low rent traffic cops which they had no authority to do. The cops stood by and let them. One older man from out of town decided he wasn't going to be redirected, and they attacked him for not going the way they wanted.

There could have been all sorts of reasons why the man didn't go where they wanted from simply recognizing they didn't have any authority to act in the manner they were to not wanting to get lost since he was out of town and in the downtown of a strange city to sheer cussedness, but it shouldn't have mattered. He had nothing to do with anything, but he got attacked anyhow.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
The insanity is actually feeling rather biblical. The left is able to do as they wish via the local law enforcement and mainstream media. Makes you wonder. How far can a billionaires money go to support such behavior. I am referring to George Soros and the nameless others funding this Marxist push. If the public is buying into all the free stuff the Democrats are promising then mainstream media and law enforcement is actually getting paid.

On mainstream media lets take a close look at the talking heads of this push. Rachel Madcow gay. Shepard Smith of Fox gay. Don Lemon gay. Anderson Cooper gay. Wolf Blitzer don't know if gay but is JEWISH and Jews tend to lean left. All are promoters of leftist progressive nonsense. Now I wonder if one was to do some research on the police department of Portland Oregon, how many are actually gay men and women. Is this why they stand down? When rights are violated and law enforcement does nothing it makes one wonder.!!
edit on 1-7-2019 by Ansuzrune because: grammer correction

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

edit on 1-7-2019 by Ansuzrune because: Double post sorry

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
You know, it's also clear from ANTIFA Twitter feeds that they intended to target Ngo from the outset, not the Proud Boys. They clearly do not like that he comes out with a camera and documents them at work. I wonder why a bunch of people who wear masks wouldn't like someone filming them? Make that ... I wonder why a bunch of people who wear masks and don't bother to document their own work, unlike even ISIS, would be specifically targeting a journalist whose mission is to simply film what they do instead of the group who shows up to counter protest them, who actually physically opposes them?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Just curious, you searching for why videos as to why this old man had it coming as well?

Must be a mutual combatant that had it coming, right?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

You shouldn't see everything so black and white. My sollution is not letting violent criminals roams the street. At no point did I mention this. I'm just saying that cooler heads need to prevail.

Oh, I disagree; when it comes to thugs and gangs having free run of streets, it certainly is black and white. And your 'solution' certainly sounds like allowing it, especially if you do not like the politics of someone who gets attacked.

The police are supposed to be the cooler heads that prevail. Where are they?

If I was going all George Carlin on this...

Now I see the problem. George Carlin was a damn funny man (RIP) and I miss him. But George Carlin was a comedian. He made jokes about things he saw as funny or backwards in society. Jokes. Things meant to be laughed at. Not actual solutions.

You need to come back to reality. Andy Ngo is not a fictitious character. He is as real as you are, he was seriously injured by Antifa, and you could be next if you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Your yucks won't help you if that happens.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

Ugh. I cant imagine being this dense. Even on purpose.

I call it the "Carlin Syndrome."

I was a huge fan of George Carlin. I owned several of his records and listened to him a lot. But, especially since he died, some people have actually gone to the extreme of thinking he was some sort of uber-wise seer and if we would all live as he said, it would be nothing but unicorns riding rainbows and kumbaya. The man was a comedian! He made people laugh by making outrageous suggestions to combat exaggerated conditions.

It's gotten to the point where if someone starts talking about Carlin in this certain reverent tone I have come to recognize, I just start shaking my head. They're not reasonable any more; their mind has gone bye-bye. It makes no more sense than me trying to actually follow Sam Kinison's comedic routines in real life... you know, the outlook of a conservative comedian who was perfectly OK with using violent language and primal screams in his routine. He was funny as hell too, but I definitely wouldn't call his suggestions reasonable.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I remember seeing that, but could not remember the details. I don't really keep up with Antifa any more than I keep up with the wildlife around here; if either show up in my yard, I'm quite capable of handling the issue. Otherwise, they can go on living somewhere else.

The difference between Antifa and a razorback is that Antifa doesn't have the guts to stray out of their own little areas, at least for now. Animals migrate, though, and I figure they'll show up ere sooner or later. When they do, it would be a good thing if they weren't treated like an endangered species.

'Cause I won't treat them that way.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Not sure how anyone would still support antifa at this point. I remember the louder with crowder guy had his friend go undercover and expose antifa's desire for violence and passing out of weapons. Then they offered the footage to NBC and the guy refused.

It's obvious corporate media is only interested in spinning narratives under the guise of being non bias reporters.

What's sad is that people allow yheir political biases to defend right-leaning or left-leaning news.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Ansuzrune

Was with you until you started pointing out that there are gay and jewish reporters.

Sheesh ...

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ansuzrune
The insanity is actually feeling rather biblical. The left is able to do as they wish via the local law enforcement and mainstream media. Makes you wonder. How far can a billionaires money go to support such behavior. I am referring to George Soros and the nameless others funding this Marxist push. If the public is buying into all the free stuff the Democrats are promising then mainstream media and law enforcement is actually getting paid.

On mainstream media lets take a close look at the talking heads of this push. Rachel Madcow gay. Shepard Smith of Fox gay. Don Lemon gay. Anderson Cooper gay. Wolf Blitzer don't know if gay but is JEWISH and Jews tend to lean left. All are promoters of leftist progressive nonsense. Now I wonder if one was to do some research on the police department of Portland Oregon, how many are actually gay men and women. Is this why they stand down? When rights are violated and law enforcement does nothing it makes one wonder.!!

So I think I understand from your reply, its gays and jews that are a problem, did your research confirm this outlandish nonsense ?, this thread keeps on sinking ever lower by the day, still SMH

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Maybe you should start looking a little more into things before repeating the things other people are feeding you.

Police was doing nothing. It was a peaceful protest and police looked away while Ngo was beaten up.

A picture paints a thousand words...

Do these people look like they have the resources to babysit a reporter who is deadset on finding a fight?

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

So after all of your posting your defense of your position is showing pictures showing Antifa is so violent police were overwhelmed?

Hahahaha!

Meanwhile, if police couldn’t help Ngo because they were so busy, why were they also not available to help the bloody man in your first picture?

We get it, you like others want to excuse people you don’t like being beaten

Just like women shouldn’t wear short skirts or they are asking for it, your saying Ngo was asking for it by being around such a violent mob

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

We are going in circles here...I guess the theantideluvian explains it better on where your man Ngo stands.

No he should not have been beaten up by antifa thugs. On the other hand if you are told your presence incites violence maybe stay a little closer to where it's save could be considered smart.

But this is not about Ngo, antifa or other violent groups is it?

It's about orange man bad, orange man good..

This time the story is justifying your cause and the next will be the other's and you just use it as an excuse to display the worst of behaviour.

Your country is going to hell in a handbasket and the real owners of your country are loving the way you're all playing your roll.

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

1. I'm a stupid low-info Australian.
2. I'll repeat, since you missed it: "Don't like what I just wrote? #off and tell someone who cares."
3. Watch this, Mr "I will defend violence by insisting resisting violence is for the weak, those perpetrating violence are the good guys in my book because I like their politics and propaganda".........

Where would you like me to F Off to excactly? this is a public thread is it not? or is it another echo chamner thread

i like you am not American but I try to limit the hatred I spew online, who have I defended by the way?, i said in my first post on this topic, that 2 WRONGS dont make a right, continue the hate though most Americans are caught in the middle of it, why not an Australian also.

I did not miss anything in your post, last time I checked I like others are allowed to respond to any post, as you are offered the same rights to post what you wish.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Dead set on finding a fight? You mean reporting?

God forbid these antifa assholes act like reasonable adults.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I find it interesting that those who are justifying the attack are implicitly implying that Antifa is inherently violent and it is just the norm for this leftist group.

So it should just be assumed from now on that Antifa is violent and will hurt you if you are around them. So when you see Antifa, don't report about it, don't try to film them, don't go anywhere near them because if you do and get hurt, then it is your own damned fault.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Excusing this behavior because "well he shouldn't be there" is disgusting, and anyone who cant get that through their head is either part of it, or really really stupid. Take your pick.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

You do know that if the Jews would have just not been in Germany, then the Nazi's wouldn't have put them into concentration camps.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join