It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antifa attacks journalist in Portland

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Now you know whats the difference between that and a BBC documentary?

A narrator in the back round telling people whats going down and why.

Those vids should have had a narrator.

Something along the lines of this

"An unfamiliar cellphone text earlier raises the tension among the Antifa troop, the size of the rival group is of yet unknown. Meanwhile a block away, The patrol moves off the proudboys moves with a sense of purpose, they must remain silent till they close in on there rivals the antifa.

The rival groups spots them across the road, and they initiate the walk line protocol as they all line up to stop the invading group into there block. The males in the front with the females screaming in the back is standard formation.

The attack is on, as the front members of the antifa and proudboys troop initiate contact.

Both groups in an attempt to intimidate there opponents the aggressors scream and drum on siderails and puff up, as they prepare there peperspray cans. And then the conflict is initiated as both sides scream and holler at each other both sides propping themselves up, to appear bigger....The hollering continues"

Not quite documentary material, and nowhere near as exciting as a real BBC documentary. But ya, they need to film this stuff, then add in a narrator latter. It would be most amusing. As it stands, it is kind of lame.

Ah yes, reminds me of this vid. Though the production level on it is way better, and there was way more action.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The point I've been trying to make (for years now) is that whether it's Portland, central or south California, etc — there are groups of willing combatants — literally the same groups of the same people — meeting up in parks and on the street for the purpose of engaging in violence clashes.

And I can't disagree with that... but my point is that the police are there specifically to stop this kind of behavior and they're not doing it. As long as they're not doing anything about it, it will expand until someone, probably a lot of someones, gets seriously hurt or killed. I'm not talking about the actual combatants; if they throw a punch in this environment, they chose their destiny. But what about someone who wanted to go into that bar and have a drink? What about someone who needed to just walk past that bar to get somewhere else?

This is about much more than one person. This is about violence becoming acceptable and normal. That cannot end well for anyone.

Does that mean he "deserved" to get punched in the face and have a milkshake thrown on him? I wouldn't say so. AFAIK, he's just taking pictures and pushing disinformation — he's not throwing punches or other wise engaged in the brawls.

That is my point. He is not one of the instigators. Yet, he was attacked for filming a news story... savagely attacked, by reports.

On the other hand, is it reasonable to refer to him as a "journalist" and pretend that he's just an innocent bystander and act like he was randomly attacked by domestic terrorists?

Perhaps not randomly, but he is as much of a "journalist" as Jim Acosta or Don Lemon or Rachal Maddow (or Tucker Carlson or Sean Hannity, for that matter). The excerpt of your post just above indicates he was innocent, as you admit he was not throwing punches or engaged in the brawls.

Again, I had no idea before today who Andy Ngo even was. If he was so outspoken against Antifa and so obviously right-wing extremist, how is it that I have never heard of him? I thought I was one of the "right wingers" on here? At least that's what I keep getting told. So it's unbelievable to me that such an outspoken conservative with so much influence was unknown to me.

Am I a liberal only when Andy Ngo is mentioned and conservative the rest of the time? I'm confused.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Nahh...I here to see where this is going.

I was curious to see you adress the real issue about "innocent" people getting hurt...in this case a reporter.

You stike me as the kind of guy to use violence, as by you post, when being provocated. So I was just curious how you would be defending that.

I agree with Theantidiluvian and it's not cool how Andi was threated but climbing on your high horse saying the freedom of America is at stake here is ridiculous.

If you would dig a little deeper on mr. Ngo you would find that he isn't exactly an innocent bystander reporting the news.

It's become a game for me since this thread has become a joke of people not understanding this isn't the mudpit and personal insults are rampant....when in Rome.

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

And you both started out so well with defending the free press and the right to walk the street safely without being attacked..

Be honest, it was never about the reporter. He was just an excuse to bash the side you oppose.

Talk about showing your true colors.. I say mission accomplished... Peace

Huh? What sides you talking about? I am about as political as a rock floats on water.

And what is this free press you speak off?

You had a mission? OK dude.

So when is the sequel to this stuff going to happen? I confess I heard of Antifa people a year or so ago. But I have paid no attention to it at all, I pay attention to my toe nail then these guys, and well, its getting a bit long and starting to rip my socks got to clip them soon.

Till now that is. Now I wonder what sort of shenanigans they will be up to next. Lets just say at this very minute I am a bit intrigued. But come the next few minutes. I will likely forget they even exist. Whats an Antifa anyways? Does sound like some sort of salad.

See its starting alrea.....

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Hilarious. I guess all those videos of Antifa mobs taking over the streets and instigating violence with people in moving cars in the middle of the street, herding motorists, hitting their cars, yelling at them...yeah, thats all the work of instigating extreme right wing groups. Yep, and the police standing by as they engage in this terrorist activity? All the work of right wing extremists. More deflection and propaganda by Antifa apologists.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Grambler

Didn't notice I screwed up the paste in my first reply. Here are three videos (parts 1, 2, & 3) you should watch in their entirety.

You watch those videos and tell me who the good actors are. There aren't any.

Good gawd,WTF did I just watch, what a bunch of pussy’s.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I was curious to see you adress the real issue about "innocent" people getting hurt...in this case a reporter.

I believe I stated my case very well. The police are worse than useless in these Antifa cases, and should be arresting anyone who uses violence. If they do not, innocent people will be required to defend themselves and that can get very ugly very quickly.

You stike me as the kind of guy to use violence, as by you post, when being provocated. So I was just curious how you would be defending that.

Actually, I consider myself a very peaceable person. I will go out of my way to avoid a violent encounter. However, I am not a victim... back me in a corner, and yes, I'll fight. So will a rabbit. Do you consider rabbits violent animals?

You seem to be confusing self-defense with instigation. They are opposites, not similar in the least.

I agree with Theantidiluvian and it's not cool how Andi was threated but climbing on your high horse saying the freedom of America is at stake here is ridiculous.

The law is not being enforced. People are being viciously attacked, and no one is even being charged. A person walking down the street is at danger of literally being mistaken for a rival group and attacked.

Maybe you think that is just another day, but for me it's a sea of red flags. I have a sneaking suspicion that if you were lying in a hospital with head injuries, you'd think so too. It's just easier to deal with when it's "those people." Amirite?

If you would dig a little deeper on mr. Ngo you would find that he isn't exactly an innocent bystander reporting the news.

Irrelevant. 100% totally, completely, absolutely, unconditionally, irrevocably, unquestionably IRRELEVANT!

Get that through your head. I don't care how biased his reporting was!

If you can show me where he threw a punch or made a threat before his beating, fine. That would make a difference. But being biased in his reporting is not a reason to be beaten. If it were, CNN would have to do their broadcasts out of the hospital.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Hmmm,

well that was incredibly gay on everyone involved.

This is how you would use a bat;

1:08 YASS YASS

PRAISEBE2ALLAH
edit on 1-7-2019 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Police have been saying to Ngo at numerous protests..

officer told Ngo that his presence was “inciting conflict.

I'm not up-to-date on police protocol at these events. How much people they have availible or how many are willing to risk a trip to the hospital every week because of a small group of idiots that are insisting on making these protests a weekly fight-club kind of event..

But if police tell you it is not smart and yet you insist on carrying though is it then fair to blame the police?

I'm not American and I can't judge but I assume the police have the public safety at their interest. I assume they have no political affiliation when in function and the advise they give should be considered to be in line with the public safety. You have the right and freedom to go against it but....

Peace
edit on 1-7-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Police have been saying to Ngo at numerous protests..

Then there is a problem with the police. if one incites violence simply by appearing, then they are not the problem. The police are, for not being able to control the thugs in their city. People have a right to exist, like it or not.

I'm not up-to-date on police protocol at these events. How much people they have availible or how many are willing to risk a trip to the hospital every week because of a small group of idiots that are insisting on making these protests a weekly fight-club kind of event..

How about this for "police protocol"? Enforce the law!

They are not hired to play it safe or back down from any threat. If that's what they think they are drawing that paycheck for, they are the problem. We don't need police for the sake of protecting themselves. They'll be much safer sitting at home unemployed.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Mr. Ngo keeps finding himself in spots where police is not present. What do you suggest, they keep a permanent "bodyguard" on every youtube wannabe star...that is going to weigh heavy on any budget.

They advise you to not do stupid stuff, you could listen.

Do you not see that by relaying the responsibility you are setting the stage for something far worse. Police would never have the means to enforce something like this.

What you would be seeing next is military intervention at rallies because people will always insist on provoking the other side..

I can not see how this would turn out good.

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Mr. Ngo keeps finding himself in spots where police is not present.

Are you claiming there was no need for police presence at a known violent rally?

Do you not see that by relaying the responsibility you are setting the stage for something far worse. Police would never have the means to enforce something like this.

What you would be seeing next is military intervention at rallies because people will always insist on provoking the other side..

So your solution is to let violent gangs do as they wish, because it would be too much trouble to stop them?

Talk about something not turning out good...

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Double post...

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 03:18 AM
link   

No, police presence is needed obviously but people should really take advise from that same police trying to keep the peace.

You shouldn't see everything so black and white. My sollution is not letting violent criminals roams the street. At no point did I mention this. I'm just saying that cooler heads need to prevail.

If I was going all George Carlin on this I would suggest a monthly get together in some sporting arena and letting the thugs fight it out. All weapons allowed. Place your bets, hotdogs and stuff..Good wholesome family fun.
Maybe a prize for the last man standing..etc

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Ugh. I cant imagine being this dense. Even on purpose.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

You mean with the one line, off topic posts aimed at insulting....yeah they are pretty dense but you learn to accept it here on ATS with the people not knowing the difference between forums.

But anyway, what was in that post that triggered you this time?

I mean, really try to focus on the subject.

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   

You are intellectually incapable of understanding why.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   
www.theepochtimes.com...

PEACE(2nd line)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Double post

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

Ohhh we're doing unrelated links now because we are trying to proof police = on the side of antifa...

Portland police collaborating with extreme right group

Now if I were a real conspiracy nut (which I am) I could see how not acting along the lines of your sworn duty might just get the opposition the bad rap you want..

And we could go on like this. Got another link?

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join