It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antifa attacks journalist in Portland

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Amateur.... watch and learn...

What did Trump do that was fascist? He said he was going to take their guns away... oh, wait...

Damn, this is harder than it looks!

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
And now we have people actively derailing the topic. Who didnt see this coming. Its very very simple. The usual group of terrorists(Antifa) attack and almost kill some people who they dont agree with. This isnt about Trump. This isnt about far right actors. Youre attempts to steer this will not work.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
And now we have people actively derailing the topic. Who didnt see this coming. Its very very simple. The usual group of terrorists(Antifa) attack and almost kill some people who they dont agree with. This isnt about Trump. This isnt about far right actors. Youre attempts to steer this will not work.

Leftist ideology has replaced religion for some of these people. It's reaaaaally important to them. They work on advancing it 24/7. That's why they get so upset when someone tells them they're wrong about something or when something doesn't go their way. It's not just their opinion, it's their life.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

Even more simply, you think some dude with a camera is lying about you? It's really simple. You bring your own cameras and document. You don't attack that dude with the camera.

Why don't they ever tape themselves? You'd think it's be really easy to do. It's not like the press is hostile to them, especially not in Portland.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Wait!
Are you telling me antifa and proud boys got into a scuffle in Portland?!

Say it ain’t so.
This is what these two equal but opposite (maybe opposite) groups do.
Bar fights in public.

Personally I think they both do this for fun, coordinating schedules together.
Then watch us argue about who started it.

I know that one Starbucks had to close early, maybe it’s about gmo coffee?
edit on 30-6-2019 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I don't understand why people are allowed to cover their faces in public, especially during a protest.

Can someone show me the applicable laws that allow this?
Can you imagine driving into a town wearing a mask?
Can you imagine going shopping wearing a mask?
Going to the bank?

I don't get why this is allowed. Color me naive.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus

Can someone show me the applicable laws that allow this?

Not that I'm defending these antifa scum, because I'm not, they are actually fascists themselves (ironic I know), but:

In the US a law doesn't need to be passed to allow you to do something. Laws are made to limit what we're allowed to do. If there's not a law specifically prohibiting something, it's presumed to be legal. I'd hate to live in a society where it's the opposite, where everything is illegal unless specifically authorized by the state.

That said, some states and cities do have laws against masking your face in public, specifically because of this type of activity.
edit on 30 6 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

Yeah, a scuffle. Just a lil ol scuffle started by Antifa who then almost killed someone. Yep, no big deal. Violence because you dont like WORDS is juuuuuuust fine.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

There's a difference between going into public anonymously and going into private property like a store or a bank. It seems like it would be protected under the first amendment in public. Tons of people go into public and private property anonymously every Halloween. Anonymous protest isnt all bad, for instance during the anti-scientology protests. The Church of Scientology is known for going after anti-Scientology people in court. Anonymity helped protect people from murderous cultists. Also during the Boston Tea Party the protesters dressed in native american disguises. These antifa guys are giving anonymity and anti-fascism a bad name.
edit on 6/30/2019 by revswim because: added halloween part

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

It always starts with a scuffle.
And it’s never clear who escalates.
I’m sure the others guys will get bruises next time they decide to publicly troll each other for entertainment

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
a reply to: theantediluvian

I do not think those words mean what you think they mean, DOXXing is not revealing a name, it's a bit more than that.

Sorry but I've been online long enough (26 years) to know that much, but nice try.

reveling someones name and where abouts and personal information (phone number, SS number Street address) would be DOXXing, a name is just that, a name.

Is any of what Mr. Ngo said incorrect? do you have corroborating evidence that it is not?

You've been online a whole 26 years? I go back to the BBS days. Publicly revealing any identifying information is doxxing but your narrow personal definition is noted.

Everything that Andy Ngo says is pretty much propaganda to feed the outrage machine. And it works, as you can see by the Antifa hysteria.

What's actually going on is that you've got ostensibly left-wing and right-wing groups who mutually engage in these brawls. This is what these clowns all do for fun. Like how you post on ATS and you derive some entertainment from arguing with people in forums posts? They get their kicks dressing up and acting like hooligans.

There's a whole cottage industry of people who film this garbage so that these asshole can have an audience and partisan media hacks and politicians can spin narratives to drive division.

Did you watch the video I posted?

Notice at about 25 seconds in, there's Andy Ngo. Notice how he films one of the Patriot Prayer dudes instigating. You'll never see or hear about that form him. He was there for the whole thing. Watch for yourself. What do you see? A group of Patriot Prayer people, led by Joey Gibson, show up at a bar where Antifa people are doing their thing.

Why do you think they're there? To promote free speech? No, they're there to exchange taunts and kick off a fight, which is what everyone involved really wants. Don't take my word for it, watch.

You think that's what Andy Ngo "reports" to the world? Hell no. He shills for his pals. Look at how he reports on Joey Gibson, who you can clearly see is a provocateur. Just Google "Andy Ngo Joey Gibson" and you'll see how he consistently refers to Gibson as "a libertarian activist" or an "Asian-American conservative" who is just trying to hold peaceful "free speech protests."

Then look at what he says about Antifa. He's a shill. He knows full well what's going on, he chooses to spin a false narrative because right-wing media outlets give him a platform for pushing it.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The mayor and police were in agreement not to do anything about this assault. Felonious assaults I might add.
What a disgrace for leadership in Portland.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

My father taught me at a very early age that: "old age and treachery (expirence) will overcome youth and skill, everytime" which also reminds me of: "there aint nothing new under the sun" I think that was Sun Tzu.

You sure. On the quote I mean, it could have been Confucius. Or could have been Aristotle, or possibly Bill O'rielly or Joe Rogan that said it.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Wanna know what I saw?

I saw Ngo (thanks for the time info), but before that I saw a dude walking down the sidewalk and being confronted; why I cannot say. Maybe he made a gesture or said something that I didn't see/hear on the tape. Whatever. In my USA, that is not a reason to get in someone's face in public. And Andy Ngo filmed it; he seemed to be circling to get a good shot from all angles. That didn't appear biased to me, but I''ll admit I don't listen to him. Heck, this story is the first I have heard the name.

I saw two groups, one more combative than the other, but both combative. It took until one group (the one that got into the guy's face initially) started chanting "Go home Nazis!" for me to figure out which one was Patriot Prayer and which one was Antifa. The way your post was worded, seemingly in defense of Antifa, I originally thought the guy walking down the sidewalk was Antifa; nope, he was with Patriot Prayer. Antifa are the ones that jumped him (and later on kept another guy from entering the business behind them, literally pushing him away from the door... does Antifa own that bar?).

What confused me more than anything is, everyone in Antifa that I saw was white. I saw a couple of black guys in Patriot's Prayer. I thought Patriot's Prayer were the White Supremacists? So how come Antifa were all white and Patriot's Prayer weren't? How's that work?

But both groups were involved, and I saw plenty of reason to arrest both. I'm not excusing Patriot Prayer. They were playing the game as well, even though it looked like Antifa instigated things.

The big thing I saw though, was two groups of scared people trying to act big and tough. Yelling and chanting and screaming insults is what happens in kindergarten. Shove someone like that around here and you'll likely find yourself lying flat on the sidewalk with your jaw in a crooked position if you're lucky enough to not have to dodge the guy who's straddling you trying his best to beat your face onto the other side of your head. You might hear a "What the ____?" one time, but that's it. If that's how folks on the West Coast fight, they better stay their pansy-rears on the West Coast.

I can also promise you that I will never walk the streets of Portland after seeing that without a firearm at the ready. Considering the city of Portland doesn't believe in firearms, that means nothing will get me to Portland, Oregon. I checked before I posted... I ain't lost nothing there. No reason to go.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Didn't notice I screwed up the paste in my first reply. Here are three videos (parts 1, 2, & 3) you should watch in their entirety.

You watch those videos and tell me who the good actors are. There aren't any.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Wow! Now that was pretty dam entertaining. But watching it, was like watching the lamest gang on gang fight ever recorded. I dont think both groups know what there arguing about, but they seem to like to get there angst out.

That one particular guy who was by the lightpost walking back and forth with the brass knuckles on one hand? Looks like he will gas out after the first five steps, that one girl with the flannel that looked like she was rolling around in the dirt before the shouting started? Talk about clueless, but it is inpolite to hit girls like she said.

But the other guys did more or less instigate it, they could have just stayed home and nothing would of happened. These antifa people would have just probably got drunk and patted themselves on the back about what a good job there doing in keeping the world free of tyranny and Nazis, and how there the best thing since sliced bread, then go home super sure that the world is safe from evil thanks to there heroic actions.

And rinse and repeat next day, till eventually they get a new gig or get a job, because nobody pays attention to them.

But like I said lamest gang fight ever. I see no issue with it, just a bunch of people getting rid of angst because there guy did not win an election which in the scope of things does not matter that much if at all. And if violence escalates and people start peperspraying or Crom forbid cement milkshake the wrong guy and bullets start flying and a few end up dead and dying here and there?

I have no problem with that either. Its just nature taking its course.

But the police and the elected officials letting it all go down if it goes down. They should be fired for failing in there job.

And as for soros and that ilk, well I suppose it cant be helped when there are so many idiots out there to poke the ant nest, or in this case fund it then stirr it up. But is that guy still alive? Maybe its time for him to kick the bucket, and maybe Jr to, to much melodrama that does nothing. But hey, its there job, its how they make money. Crash economy, buy low, sell high, rinse and repeat.

In all I see nothing wrong or out of the ordinary in that vid. And was disappointing that there was not even one casualty in this oh so grand war to uphold justice in the world, or whatever there arguing about. Maybe next time.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Shove someone like that around here and you'll likely find yourself lying flat on the sidewalk with your jaw in a crooked position if you're lucky enough to not have to dodge the guy who's straddling you trying his best to beat your face onto the other side of your head. You might hear a "What the ____?" one time, but that's it. If that's how folks on the West Coast fight, they better stay their pansy-rears on the West Coast.

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
In all I see nothing wrong or out of the ordinary in that vid. And was disappointing that there was not even one casualty in this oh so grand war to uphold justice in the world, or whatever there arguing about. Maybe next time.

And you both started out so well with defending the free press and the right to walk the street safely without being attacked..

Be honest, it was never about the reporter. He was just an excuse to bash the side you oppose. Talk about showing your true colors..

I say mission accomplished...

Peace
edit on 1-7-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The point I've been trying to make (for years now) is that whether it's Portland, central or south California, etc — there are groups of willing combatants — literally the same groups of the same people — meeting up in parks and on the street for the purpose of engaging in violence clashes.

It's a scene. It's like LARPing + fight club. The politics is secondary. If it wasn't politics, these clowns would be doing this hooligan # for some other reason.

And there are a bunch of mostly freelancers and some local reporters who show up at these things to film the carnage. Some of them are more or less objective observers. Others are what you might call boosters, there to help promote an agenda. That's the niche Andy Ngo fills.

All you have to do is look into his "reporting" on the groups. Joey Gibson is a "libertarian activist" an "Asian-American conservative" or a "free speech advocate" — the most negative thing he's said about him in two years worth of # I skimmed was to refer to him as "controversial." Dude is a punk and a provocateur. On the other hand, Antifa — who are doing the same exact # — are "violent thugs" terrorizing the poor poor peace loving Patriot Prayer bunch and yadda yadda yadda.

Does that mean he "deserved" to get punched in the face and have a milkshake thrown on him? I wouldn't say so. AFAIK, he's just taking pictures and pushing disinformation — he's not throwing punches or other wise engaged in the brawls.

On the other hand, is it reasonable to refer to him as a "journalist" and pretend that he's just an innocent bystander and act like he was randomly attacked by domestic terrorists?

I think that's bull# as well. I'm not wasting any outrage on anyone involved in this cluster#. They all know exactly what they're there for.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

And you both started out so well with defending the free press and the right to walk the street safely without being attacked..

What part of that post was not defending the freedom to walk the street safely?

Be honest, it was never about the reporter. He was just an excuse to bash the side you oppose. Talk about showing your true colors..

Still getting your yucks off, I see. Let it be, you've already been caught saying this is just a game to you. Don't you have some flies to pull the wings off of or something?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Also the news media blurs out the faces of criminals. Whether it's a terrorist, or people illegally crossing the border. If it's their job to protect bad people, they should blur out their own faces too.
edit on 7/1/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join