It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real NY is with Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It's the main reason Home Alone 2 couldn't be made today. At least cops will still tell you to go f**k yourself if you ask them for directions.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Had that happen in Alexandria Va. about 12 years ago. Got off the highway looking for something, don't recall, maybe gas or food. Got all mixed up and could not find my way back to the highway. I did an illegal U turn. I did not see the sign, I was just trying to retrace my steps.

Told the officer I was from out of state, and confused where I was. He wrote the ticket. After he gave it to me, I asked if he could direct me back to the highway. He just grinned, said "have a good day" and walked away back to his car.

He did not say it in actual words, but he may as well have.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

You are full of it. If real America is full of racist, sexist, bigots who elect a blithering idiot and think he's a genius, then THAT America needs to go.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Are you actually attempting to make it sound like Trump was somehow unique in that?

If it hadn't been Mob affiliated in some fashion would be the news, all facets of the construction industry were rife with it. Mob tentacles everywhere you bother to look.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I'm not saying Trump is unique in any way. But I've definitely argued with people that believe Trump is not connected in some way or another.

BTW, how many of those other people that used mob construction also had a mob lawyer?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The sad truth is it's all genuine America. The good bits you enjoyed, the soul crushing dehumanized density of NYC or LA the mountains, the women with pussy hats (I can stop now right?)

Nice you had a good weekend!

reply to: Trueman

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Probably a good many.

The point that many miss, is that in that era, I've no idea whether it's still a thing or not, you couldn't build anything of note in NYC without using mob contractors/builders...that could in fact be dangerous to attempt to use non-mob contractors.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

So you think that it's a good thing that a sitting President is beholden to the mob?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Did I actually say that? If not, then no.

I think I might have said something along the lines of...

At that time, it would have been hard not to have had dealings with the Mob. There is a difference between that, and being OK with it...even virulently anti-Trump folks can see that--can't they??

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: conspiracy nut

mafia construction allegations

They're not exactly allegations. During the construction of Trump Tower the concrete company he used was run by the mob, the construction crew he used had mob ties, even his personal lawyer at the time was connected. Hell, construction workers in NYC were striking at the time and yet Trump Tower still got finished on time. But I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that the union boss leading the strike was working for the same Families that Trump had ties to.

I was sent up there for a summer doing Environmental work right out of school. My bosses had reason to believe I might witness a crime involving the Mob and Industrial waste because we were dealing with one of the most expensive fines ever from the State of NJ. Apparently the Mob owned everything.

In Elizabeth NJ the lab techs were telling me that EVERYTHING including parking at the mall was run by the Mobsters. If you paid your "fees" your stuff was left alone, if you didn't it was hell to pay. I kept my head focused on my task but still wondered about every person I was introduced. A bit scary because the boss gave me a book with some compilation of Mob events and Waste disposal where the Officers died suddenly and with malice who witnessed crimes.

edit on 1-7-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

So you think that it's a good thing that a sitting President is beholden to the mob?

Ignorance is amazing to see in action.

How exactly does using the same mob/union labor that everyone else in business has to use because there is no other choice make one 'beholden' to said labor in any way?

What are they gonna do? Threaten to blow up his tower if he doesn't do their bidding? They could do that whether he used their labor or not.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Seems like Trump was a bit more connected than everyone else considering his construction project actually finished on time when "everyone else in business" that were supposedly also using mob construction faced massive delays on their projects.

How do explain that little coincidence? Was "everyone else in business" also using the same lawyer that was employed by the Genovese and Gambino families?
edit on 7/2/2019 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

a reply to: tanstaafl

Seems like Trump was a bit more connected than everyone else considering his construction project actually finished on time when "everyone else in business" that were supposedly also using mob construction faced massive delays on their projects.

How do explain that little coincidence?

He did what needed to be done - greased the right palms, political/union/mob, whatever, they're all connected at the hip anyway.

Was "everyone else in business" also using the same lawyer that was employed by the Genovese and Gambino families?

I'm sure many were.
My question to you is, what difference does it make, when all of the lawyers are also connected? Trump just uses the best to get the job done.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Great Speech in Washington Today , The President is a LEADER !

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join