It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Saves Earth in 2022

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
We need to get to Mars and start populating it.. we need a backup planet

Have you not seen the movie "Life" with Ryan Reynolds and Jake Gyllenhaal?

We need to nuke mars.

Maybe this is what Musk and NASA are up to, steer the asteroid to hit mars and kill whatever life lives there hiding under the ground.

Hmmmm, now that I think of it, your screen name...spacespider and wanting us to go to mars is all too suspicious.

PS: I hope you have seen to the movie to get my stupid joke.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: letni

I read about the doomsday rock a year ago and was really hoping we would do something about it while we can. I am glad to see they are. Some people wanted to wait until space programs advanced they wanted to kick the can down the road, but we may not always be able to do so in the future.

The Kessler syndrome is a real possibility that would bar us from going to space for hundreds of years. It is totaly worth taking care of a planet killer rock in the here and now instead of waiting a hundred years.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Cravens

I agreed that it's pointless attempting to make Mars into an Earth 2.0, if we face an ELE event space is our best option. Coupled with every other attempt at saving our species we can manage.

I'm not your "bro" and I notice you have a bee in your bonnet about space exploration and exploitation, a poster made a comment about an "Earth 2.0" and I agreed with you then weighed in my opinions.

I'll not apologize for my opinions on a publicly accessible website. We're well on our way to exploiting Mars and other bodies relatively close to Earth. We've got viable and running desalination plants too... But my issue? You jumping the gun and going all "making Mars like Earth is futile!" comment.

Well? No sh!t Sherlock, here's a
for your brains and a for your amazing skills if interaction.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
this got me wonderin..

wheres the roadster now?

he missed such a big target as mars, but supposed to get a tiny asteroid right?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join