It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond Spirit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
One of the greatest tragedies of western man is that when he speaks of God he speaks of nothing outside of his own mind. He has to get by with continually seeing a void, or someone else’s description, whenever he evokes what is supposed to be the most sublime.

So he sanctifies words, some related concepts and synonyms, performs idolatry, and disguises God’s absence in song and sermon and solemnity. In order to maintain belief, to prove it, as it were, he proclaims his trust in the naive stories of ancient men and their corrupt institutions, and calls that faith. This suffices for some, and suffices for the church, but over time it has a corrosive effect on spirituality and religion in general.

The entire western tradition, from morality to civilization itself, was premised on the unstable and shifting sands of Christian metaphysics. Were man to lose his faith, worried Nietzsche, the entire edifice would crumble. Concepts such as Truth, Rights, Faith, the Good, which were premised on God as far back as Plato, risk crumbling with it. These ideas, the wisdom of millennia, becomes suspect in the minds of the last children of this great tradition. Thus the nihilism of the last two centuries and the amoralism of our modern day.

There is still hope for the future of our civilization. We can build a new tradition upon a new metaphysics, one that sanctifies this world rather than the next, one that sanctifies the body and objects rather than the spirits and immaterial substances, one that affirms life rather than promise eternity in death. Only then can we return some semblance of value and meaning to the world, to real life. Only then can we ward off the collapse. We must go beyond spirit.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePhilosoph

My mind is expanded when I learn who God is, and I become a better person, I am in constant growth due to Jesus, the Savior.

I don't follow man's teachings. I may look at man's doctrine and see what is being said and if it lines up with my understanding of the Bible. I discuss thoughts on the Bible and meanings and trust Holy Spirit to guide me, to teach me and allow me to discern truth.

The Bible is the Word of God and I trust it implicitly, especially since man continues to fail and twist the words of the Bible.

So, I have to say that my spirit is what I continue to feed and I line up my flesh to follow suit. My body is only a shell and my mind is to learn how to be a better spirit every day.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Me bad. I thought that the lack of empathy displayed in today's society, is caused by the increased number of people who don't believe in God. To imply that "faith" is nothing more than a collection of "naive stories," shows that you haven't a clue on what faith is. The only way to gain "semblance of value and meaning to the world" and eliminate the "amoralism of our modern day," is for people to turn their backs against "objects" and materialism.

The smallest seed of faith is better than the largest fruit of happiness.

-Henry David Thoreau

edit on 6/29/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
No.....

Naw, it's all in the Scrioture......the not Catholic one........

There is no death, get that first

No death for a believer.........

The rapture.......no death for those peoples.......should happen by July......I have the numbers on the Daniel timelines

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
To find God, the first thing you have to do is get rid of religion.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Me bad. I thought that the lack of empathy displayed in today's society, is caused by the increased number of people who don't believe in God. To imply that "faith" is nothing more than a collection of "naive stories," shows that you haven't a clue on what faith is. The only way to gain "semblance of value and meaning to the world" and eliminate the "amoralism of our modern day," is for people to turn their backs against "objects" and materialism.

The smallest seed of faith is better than the largest fruit of happiness.

-Henry David Thoreau

Faith is not a collection of naive stories, but faith and trust in those stories.

The faithful have been taught to for thousands of years to turn away from this world in favor of another, perfect world, as evidenced by your revulsion of materialism and objects, of which you yourself are one.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddeninsite

My mind is expanded when I learn who God is, and I become a better person, I am in constant growth due to Jesus, the Savior.

I don't follow man's teachings. I may look at man's doctrine and see what is being said and if it lines up with my understanding of the Bible. I discuss thoughts on the Bible and meanings and trust Holy Spirit to guide me, to teach me and allow me to discern truth.

The Bible is the Word of God and I trust it implicitly, especially since man continues to fail and twist the words of the Bible.

So, I have to say that my spirit is what I continue to feed and I line up my flesh to follow suit. My body is only a shell and my mind is to learn how to be a better spirit every day.

Your body is not a shell, but the entirety of what you are. Learn to be A better body, a better object, and it will never fail you.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply. I believe the body at this time, in its human form, is a shell, to contain my spirit. However, I will have one day a glorified new body and spirit, as did Jesus when he ascended.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Those without the Holy Spirit will never understand or comprehend the teachings of the OT and NT .

God''s children know his voice and follow his commands.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
From the time we are born we are brainwashed by society and its machines to prize egoism (personal wealth) above altruism (religion). So its no wonder religions have been fighting an uphill battle of late.

This world needs economic reform. Reform that realises that happiness is not derived from materialism. Reform that doesn't threaten the health of a planet that we all depend on for breath.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Those without the Holy Spirit will never understand or comprehend the teachings of the OT and NT .

God''s children know his voice and follow his commands.

Both are great reads packed with much wisdom. But they are founded on a metaphysics of ghosts and the immaterial, and this error does the rest of their wisdom a disservice. The error arises suspicion in the rest of the wisdom.

I think we should salvage what we can and prop upon a solid foundation, a foundation of beings and being instead of ghosts, spirits, and non-being. Only then will those who abandoned it find their way back.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I use to not believe in the rapture until God revealed it to me and it can come anyday.

It is time for believers to get on board and get prepared.

Stay awake and keep your eyes on the sky. There will be great signs coming and soon.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Your entire OP shattered by your own reply here you no longer have legs to stand upon...

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddeninsite

Thanks for the reply. I believe the body at this time, in its human form, is a shell, to contain my spirit. However, I will have one day a glorified new body and spirit, as did Jesus when he ascended.

But when we look for your spirit, we only see your body, your physical form. Christianity has for thousands of years glorified and sanctified the immaterial, non-being, leaving God’s creation lacking in meaning and purpose. But there is so much meaning and purpose in the physical world.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

Your entire OP shattered by your own reply here you no longer have legs to stand upon...

I am not concerned when the one who tells me this is unable to back up his criticisms.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Sorry, but don't trust calls to materialism.
What's your angle?

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

What's your angle?

By materialism I mean the philosophies of this world, the physical world and the things within it.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

You have been deceived.
The future of this “material” world is death.
Humbly ask Jesus for help.
He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.
God saves.
edit on 6/29/2019 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu

You have been deceived.
The future of the “material” world is death.
Sincerely ask Jesus for help.
He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.
God saves.

That’s God’s creation you speak of.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePhilosoph

originally posted by: Nothin

What's your angle?

By materialism I mean the philosophies of this world, the physical world and the things within it.

Can you not see that walls, limitations, and sub-sets, ignore the vastness of the human experience?

Limiting beliefs, prevent any kind of transcendence, or deeper understanding.

These things have been pondered by folks much wiser than us, for thousands of years before the invention of jesus and controlling religions.

<<   2 >>

join