It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wasn't it without Mary's consent?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

lol yeah I mean technically if a god is doing something it's the correct thing to do, right?

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

She should have had an abortion so she could live her life without the baggage of raising the messiah.

Would have spared us from the crusades, the inquisition, burning of pagans, witch hunts, and west burrow baptist church.
Plus many other things like using the christian god to justify wars and inhuman actions.

link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Well, Zeus, whose parallel to that of Satan, the head honcho god of Greece, and even Rome did fudge a goose.

And it is real, even though it not...it is.

Oddly enuffz Hades was the only that seemed to be celibate compared to his brothers.
edit on 29-6-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Claymation213
Did the biblical God impregnate Mary without her consent?

If you or I impregnate a female without their consent, is it rape?

Is rape a sin?

Did the biblical God sin in impregnating Mary without her consent?

Inquiring minds want answers to these questions.

No. Yes. Yes. No.

Inquiring minds should exercise that inquisitorial nature by reading the material they are commenting on.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
nvm dumb joke
edit on 29-6-2019 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Lol zeus did it, so it’s ok if god does it?

Not defending it but you know , Gods !

First off, none of these entities exist.

You trying to tell me Zeus never existed ?
We know where he lived !

Pretty much all of the actions of the god written about in the Old Testament would be considered evil by current standards.

Indeed , almost like two different entities.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Claymation213

She consented. She said "I am the Lord's handmaiden, as He wills it let itbe done."

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Pretty much all of the actions of the god written about in the Old Testament would be considered evil by current standards.

Old testament God was definitely an angry alcoholic.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

The Bible does not state that other virgins were also offered this special priviledge nor exactly how Mary conceived. So many questions...so many nonanswers.
edit on 29-6-2019 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

If it was an alien abduction, you'd have a case, if you have the evidence Jesus is an alien.

Got any evidence he's an alien and his mother was abducted?

Have you read accounts of The Annunciation vs 'close encounters of the 4th kind' (C.D.B Bryan) ?

btw - she consented, it's right there in the bible, and the Koran too.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: JDmOKI

She should have had an abortion so she could live her life without the baggage of raising the messiah.

Would have spared us from the crusades, the inquisition, burning of pagans, witch hunts, and west burrow baptist church.
Plus many other things like using the christian god to justify wars and inhuman actions.

All the bad stuff of the dark ages would have been wiped clean if only Jesus was aborted.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: GBP/JPY

The Bible does not state that other virgins were also offered this special priviledge nor exactly how Mary conceived. So many questions...so many nonanswers.

I like to assume that Mary and Joseph both being descendants of David figured in. Might not have been an other appropriately-viable couples out there. And then you've got the whole predestination bit, so...maybe no need to worry about any others in the first place.

Regardless, I would be very keen to have a lot more answers as well.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
There were other books in the bible that were kicked to the curb besides the Apocrypha.

We only get the story the Counsel of Nicaea wants us to hear. They just wanted the Bible to be politically correct for their time period, to hell with being divinely inspired.
edit on 29-6-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen

Well, Zeus, whose parallel to that of Satan, the head honcho god of Greece, and even Rome did fudge a goose.

Oddly enuffz Hades was the only that seemed to be celibate compared to his brothers.

I think you need to go back and review your Greek and Roman mythology.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

sue the pope god rep on earth

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
"Joseph said, 'You better be...THE ONLY...son of God!'"

-Sam Kinison

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Specimen

I think you need to go back and review your Greek and Roman mythology.

Ok, so Zeus was the Swan, an I might need a refresher course on some very surreal, cultural details that nobody wants to know or imagine about.

But for the sake of argument, Zeus/Jupiter would be parallel or was the inspiration of Satan, even though he is a the all father. He is no creator, though, but reveled agasint his own father/creator which brought the fall of the Golden race of humanity an just degreased from less precious metals.

Zeus virtually would be considered a false, animorphic idol god whose symbols are a Bull an/Eagle , and Satan has very aerial characteristics in the Book of Job. Mind you Satan, originally in the O.t is just a noun, much like it used today.

Then there Lucifer an the whole Babylonian historical angle.

Also, I wonder if Jesus was based on Hades, who is the Lord of the Dead, an decides where the souls behind ends up, and was probably more worshipped by the Greeks then Zeus, and only kidnapped one full grown woman, and treated her like a princess without ever rape her or anything else from what I remember.
edit on 30-6-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Which court?

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Not sure how you'd go about prosecuting a God.

With logic and understanding that a god (a divine being) cannot allow itself to be hypocrite. And if a being calling itself a god is not divine, then it is a fake. If you are all knowing then ignorance is not allowed.

Some beings on this level understand karma, "eye for an eye", both positive and negative.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

God is not manipulating anything thing..... God is the source of what is happening and manifests as what is happening.....
There is no other.

This is the virgin birth....eternally.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join