It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wasn't it without Mary's consent?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Did the biblical God impregnate Mary without her consent?

If you or I impregnate a female without their consent, is it rape?

Is rape a sin?

Did the biblical God sin in impregnating Mary without her consent?

Inquiring minds want answers to these questions.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Claymation213

He gave her a gift that she was to share with the world , Zeus did it all the time in various guises.

Not sure how you'd go about prosecuting a God.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

He gave her a gift that she was to share with the world , Zeus did it all the time in various guises.

Not sure how you'd go about prosecuting a God.

Lol zeus did it, so it’s ok if god does it?

First off, none of these entities exist. These stories are written by people who have no understanding of the world around them. In their minds, gods are manipulating everything. They write stories like this to impress upon others that gods are watching, so you better be good.

Pretty much all of the actions of the god written about in the Old Testament would be considered evil by current standards.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Simple. Mary got knocked up at age 14, claimed she'd never "done it," and Joseph, being a good man, took her in. Very likely the story was invented well after Jesus' ministry.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Please show us on the doll where God touched you.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

She should have had an abortion so she could live her life without the baggage of raising the messiah.

But seriously do you think God just randomly picked someone who wasn't capable or wanted Jesus? I realize this is just a jab a Christians but answer your own questions or are we just being toxic?

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Progressives would've, no doubt, cheered on Herod...as his soldiers killed (post-birth aborted) all those male newborns.
edit on 29-6-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This is from The Atlantic (hardly a bastion of Christianity):

The Biblical account shows that Jesus' mother knowingly and willingly chose the role God offered her.

'Let It Be': Mary's Radical Declaration of Consent

The Biblical account of the Annunciation:

In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. And the virgin's name was Mary. And he came to her and said, "Greetings, O favored one, the Lord is with you!" But she was greatly troubled at the saying, and tried to discern what sort of greeting this might be. And the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end."

And Mary said to the angel, "How will this be, since I am a virgin?"

And the angel answered her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy—the Son of God. And behold, your relative Elizabeth in her old age has also conceived a son, and this is the sixth month with her who was called barren. For nothing will be impossible with God." And Mary said, "Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word." And the angel departed from her.

Mary did indeed give consent.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I don't think you've read the OT. I don't think you've read the NT either.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Claymation213
Did the biblical God impregnate Mary without her consent?

If you or I impregnate a female without their consent, is it rape?

Is rape a sin?

Did the biblical God sin in impregnating Mary without her consent?

Inquiring minds want answers to these questions.

Inquiring minds, seriously, just a simple google search
Jus a little tiny bit of effort

Luke 1 the the angel announced God's will to Mary. The, the angel waited until Mary said, "Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me according to your word." then the angel leave. Mary consented to God's will, you only need a simple google search

Inquiring mind?
Unbelievable

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Mary did give her consent:

The angel greeted her and said, “The Lord has given you special favor. He is with you.”

Mary was very upset because of his words. She wondered what kind of greeting this could be. But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary. God is very pleased with you.” - Luke 1:28-30
Say: Can you imagine a mighty angel suddenly appearing in your bedroom one evening? No doubt, you would be terrified. What if he came to tell you that God was pleased with you? Mary was no one special. She wasn’t royalty; she wasn’t rich or famous. Why was God pleased with her? Hebrews 11:6 says, “Without faith, it is impossible to please God.” There was nothing Mary had done to please God (Isaiah 64:6). Mary’s belief in God was pleasing to Him. Then the angel said:

You will become pregnant and give birth to a son. You must name him Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High God. The Lord God will make Him a king like his father David of long ago. He will rule forever over His people, who came from Jacob’s family. His kingdom will never end.” - Luke 1:31-33
Mary asked how she could possibly have a baby when she was not yet married.

The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come to you. The power of the Most High God will cover you. So the holy One that is born will be called the Son of God. Your relative Elizabeth is old. And even she is going to have a child. People thought she could not have children. But she has been pregnant for six months now. Nothing is impossible with God.”

“I serve the Lord,” Mary answered. “May it happen to me just as you said it would.” Then the angel left her. - Luke 1:35-38

bible.org...

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

OP never bothered to read the Gospel accounts for himself.

Guaranteed.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I saw this same question on reddit few months ago and it was one big Atheist circle jerk.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Or is it that you are so distanced from God that you are living with man's willful desires and mindset and dismiss God's existence. I am not trying to be argumentative, but this is another way to look at it. Take care.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Guaranteed.

Deny ignorance or embrace ignorance, it seems that the average iq here is sinking like a stone
Op never bothered

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Guaranteed.

Whats sad is they're trying to turn this narrative into some feminist woman's rights issue but Jesus held both Mary's in incredibly high regard

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

? Naw, she made the comment to serve as she could.....

She had to make or that comment........or the Spirit would pass by......

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
God is everything forn A-Z, the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, Above and below & everything in between which we can and cannot perceive, including infinity & alternate dimensions/universes. We are created in the image of God and possess the same qualities & powers as God. We can create or destroy, be pro-life or pro-death, love or hate, create light (illuminate) or darkness, be masculine or feminine, Good or Evil, etc... God gave us the gift of life, including Mary's life. Mary's body and life is the property of God & a gift to Mary from God. Just like your's and my life's also property of God and a gift to us from God. God also gave us the gift of free will to decide which path(s) we want to follow within God (creation). One can understand that God is real because of the concept of infinity. If God were not real infinity could not exist. Knowledge is infinite. So is temperature (the speed of molecules). One can also tell God is real because of the effects of the future on the past and 1 atom being able to be in 2 different locations simultaneously, both of these concepts have been scientifically proven through metaphysics. The people who don't believe in God, don't understand what God is. God is everything. Without God, there is nothing. Our bodies are vehicles for our souls & in the case of women, are also God's factories of vehicles for other souls, brought into Creation.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Gee, there are so many blasphemous things I could say that would get me labeled, cruicfied, if this was the dark ages, but I'll resist the temptation.

But hey, that fertitly cults for ya, with believers whose average life span wouldn't get past 30, and whose main patriarch was an belated abortion practitioner, who would sire a 100 more children at the age of a hundred.
edit on 29-6-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

She probably didn't feel a thing with him being the first an the last, where he is already there or not just yet.
edit on 29-6-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

No, if you read the other text that aren't in the bible. The ones that were removed by kings for political reasons. You find that mary knew from a young age that she was to be chosen for this. In fact her mom was even chosen to be the person that had the daughter who would become the vessel of christ.

Those other text, some of which are older than some of the text that made it in, are freely available to read online.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join