It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India turned Ganges into largest sewer in the world

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I just came across this disgusting video and it seems that most of the enviornmental video's of India deal with human waste. In this video they show present day state of the river and the amount of raw sewage being dumped into the river. The video shows the output of just one city of about a million people, but there are many, many more down stream not to mention thousands of smaller cities and villages and many draw their cities water from this filthy source.

Sewage is not the only problem, they also have a problem of dead human bodies from crematoriums (not burning the bodies like they should & dump in the river) and traditional floating body burns on the river. Then there is the billions of gallons of chemical waste being dumped in each city.

The most astounding thing is that the Ganges is the most holy place in Hindu culture (1 billion people), but this is how they treat their most holy place! Are you kidding me? And these people have nuclear weapons. A vast number of their citizens still deficate in public (fields, streets, anywhere). WTF is going on in this country!

So India has the idea on how to deal with the decaying bodies and that is to breed flesh eating turtles and introduce them to the Ganges. Gee, I can't see where that could go wrong, the largest public bathing place in the world filled with turtles bread to eat human bodies! I can't even begin to argue the logic in this b/c if it was even considered, argument is already pointless. I think Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was written by a time traveler from the future of India.

This also says A LOT about the mindset of how India treats it's neighbors, or those "downstream" as a large part of the Ganges ends up in Bangledesh (it's a large delta type discharge area) so Bangledesh ends up with all the filth of India flowing into it. Great neighbors!

This is a 7 min video on the Ganges

India's open defecation problem

India's Schyit problem

edit on 6 29 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

edit on 6 29 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 01:52 AM
link   
India have just given up on caring about anything..
We need a world nature police.. traveling around the world and removing destructive humans from delicate nature.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

This has been a known pollution problem to me, since the advent of public internet, ish. Say circa 1993 ish.
I'm a nobody globally speaking. Even locally speaking.
How this is not widely known and has not had the population of the area fight for reform, tells me a lot in regards to the reality of who is interested in cleaning up the planet and who is not.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   

There are a lot of Indians in India and there is very little in the way of sewers to mitigate the waste they produce, it literally is a # show.
edit on 29-6-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Sorry? You are OK they have not changed their infrastructure in over 20 years?
I think that is a problem.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Wake up please.

With India's GDP, solutions are available even if you did it slowly.

The numbers of deaths are hugely under reported because many living in the country areas also do not have modern doctors and children and adults dying are usually cremated without any sort of autopsy.

This is actually population control at its finest. Hidden behind religion and caste problems, the under reported numbers do tend to keep the population numbers in check to some degree. There are other methodologies at work as well.

The Indian politicians all live in cities and obviously have running water and toilets, they do not care.

I would also suggest that India's population figures are also 'managed' to not look as extreme as they would otherwise be. This all started when India was the Jewel of the British Empire. Population control was much more important than sanitation.

I asked staff here for permission to start a thread in the research forum but they did not seem at all interested and it just died before it was started.

Be assured, education campaigns would correct the problem over time but the Government does not want the problem fixed ... except in their own dwellings.

P

edit on 29/6/2019 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Yet they can afford a space program......

This story seems to pop up every few years, people virtue signal, then we move on to the next shocking story, rinse and repeat....

Not much most of us can do except look after our immediate part of the world and if most of us did that at least most of the litter would be gone.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Sorry? You are OK they have not changed their infrastructure in over 20 years?
I think that is a problem.

I'm not in charge of India,so India are going to do what they do regardless of how I feel about it.

Funny thing is to Indians I'm betting it's just normal, to you and I living in the west it seems filthy and unacceptable.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Came across another major river in similar or worse conditions, in Java.

I don't know the answers for this but I think maybe there needs to be a global tax on any product exported from developing countries, some kind of "infrastructure" tax. This would be b/c the industries are being exported there b/c they don't have the environmental protection laws and the people are all victims of these multi-national corps, or even local corps that export. There should be some kind of international oversight on the tax $ from these exports so that it is used in proper ways to help prevent situations like what we see.

With industrialization, people move to cities and we have these sewage problems if it isn't planned for before people get there. Having SOME kind of income that can be guaranteed to pay for waste processing would go a long way to getting it started, even if they had to take out IMF/World bank loans - with the industries taxes as collateral/guarantee of payment. Maybe the IMF could even oversee the tax/tariffs so that they are not stolen by corrupt politicians.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Just another example of a government neglecting its people in the way of (in this case) basic sewerage infrastructure and multi generational oppression. This neglect and respect for humanity has been going on for generations now of course leading to a - that's just the way it is mentality by the masses unfortunately.

No doubt the Indian kingpins live with their solid gold faucets, toilets, wall adornments etc whilst the masses live as you described.

Definitely sounds familiar in MO of the PTB.

Usual greed at the cost of a nation, just more blatant.

Looks like the Indian masses could learn something from the hongkongese also if only they had a greater axcess to internet, power, tv, and a break from the depression that is normality to them.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   

but this is how they treat their most holy place! Are you kidding me? And these people have nuclear weapons.

Well the US has nukes and they have people like Trump, Bush, Cheney, .....and

www.cbsnews.com...

BRACEVILLE, Ill. - Radioactive tritium has leaked from three-quarters of U.S. commercial nuclear power sites, often into groundwater from corroded, buried piping, an Associated Press investigation shows. The number and severity of the leaks has been escalating, even as federal regulators extend the licenses of more and more reactors across the nation.

Then theres Flint,
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   

even if they had to take out IMF/World bank loans - with the industries taxes as collateral/guarantee of payment. Maybe the IMF could even oversee the tax/tariffs so that they are not stolen by corrupt politicians.

Is this the same corrupt IMF ya talking about.....get real.....

hahahahahahaha

www.africaw.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Looks like the Indian masses could learn something from the hongkongese also if only they had a greater axcess to internet, power, tv, and a break from the depression that is normality to them.

I dont know but maybe its something like the Hindu caste system is keeping them down not lack of internet.

economictimes.indiatimes.com...

Internet users in India to reach 627 million in 2019: Report
Internet usage in the country has exceeded half a billion people for first time, pegged at 566 million, driven by rural internet growth and usage.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I dont know but maybe its something like the Hindu caste system is keeping them down not lack of internet.

This is the big problem IMO

I lived in India for a while (Mumbai, not anywhere near the Ganges) and some of the things i saw were.....unbelievable tbh. Yet, after a while, even I as a western world ex-pat, become accustomed to it and if someone is going to spend any length of time there you have to. I saw people (ex-pats) who just couldn't handle it and they had to leave early.

The caste system is a large contributor to the problem. The Indian PTB and High/Middle classes don't care. They have all the modern facilities they need and they don't want anything interfering in that. Those from the lower castes/Poor don't have a chance to improve their situation (despite what Slumdog Millionaire shows)

As mentioned above, this is a country with a space program and nuclear weapons. It's just wrong. They need to get their priorities sorted out. But i was saying the same thing 15 years ago.

They have other problems too. Population increase is out of control, way way above world averages. And they are one of the worlds biggest polluting countries and one of the most corrupt.

I feel for the people of India faced with those problems.

They need to get their S#@t together!!!!

(Don't get me wrong though, there are some amazing people and places in India too)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
If you think those things you linked to are in any way the same as what is happening in India, I feel sad for you. IDK if you felt provoked by this post or what but there really is no point in what you are doing. It is clearly an entirely different situation by orders of magnitude, but maybe that is the problem to begin with.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

No, No, No... they will become too big and wasteful and will eventually have to turn on non polluters to keep their position if they do happen to do their job right. What happen is the logistics of such an undertaking tend to become worse for that of which they were trying to fix.
edit on 6/29/2019 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

The radical communist conservative hating liberals are drawn anything even remotely close to sewage and dead bodies like flies. They can't help themselves.

Once they land, they can then start spewing their own excrement about a completely different topic.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: CthruU

economictimes.indiatimes.com...

Internet users in India to reach 627 million in 2019: Report
Internet usage in the country has exceeded half a billion people for first time, pegged at 566 million, driven by rural internet growth and usage.

Yes ok but theres internet and theres sensored internet????

I wonder if they fall into the later?????

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Corruption, caste system, greed, etc....

One of the reason the west is so successful is that we have the political and legal infrastructure in place that prevents (largely) a lot of this type of stuff from happening.

It also shows that being poor in the US is not the same thing as being poor elsewhere which I bring up a lot on threads. No one in the US lives in those conditions. NO ONE.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: Spacespider

No, No, No... they will become too big and wasteful and will eventually have to turn on non polluters to keep their position if they do happen to do their job right. What happen is the logistics of such an undertaking tend to become worse for that of which they were trying to fix.

They will be chosen carefully and they will make the right choices based on their profession.
They will be above law, they will be the ultimate law makers of nature, and can operate in the whole world.
And they would have unlimited military assets to use if necessary.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join