It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under Fire Over Segregationist Praise Biden Lies Again About Busing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The Democrats are playing a chess game that's already been checkmated 😎

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Busing was a government forced thing and to government schools. If the government were to do such a thing again, none of the teachers' unions would miss out because all the kids would simply be reshuffled to different public schools.

The reason the modern version of school choice is verboten is because it can allow kids to escape the clutches of the unions altogether where the public system is a complete piece of failing work.

Like anything ... choice can be permitted, but only choices government completely controls.

Fair point.

I took part in a busing program. It really changed my life... who knows where I would have ended up had I been forced to go to crappy high school in my neighborhood. I got bused clear across town to a rich white high school. LIterally went from blue collar black neighborhood to basically 90210. Talk about culture shock.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Woked, Obama Okie-Doked, Plans that get the Tax Payers Poked, Candidates all Cash soaked, Nobody laughs when dey joked, The moderator's hand had to be tired from all that stroked, during intermission I bet Hickenlooper toked, Harris' attacked were unprovoked, Comrade Sanders so goddamned old he look like he croaked, shed a tear 'cause ol' Joe done choked.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

www.pbs.org...

No, they won't. She's as nutty as the rest of the band of morons up there.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Yeah, the culture of a school can make a difference. It's why we're looking at a private school again.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

She really does look good.

Posed, smart, doesn't buckle under pressure, ex military.
Plus she says this.

townhall.com...

Tulsi Gabbard Calls Out Fellow Democrats Over Religious Bigotry.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

You shouldn't underestimate them.
Did you think that before they took the house?

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Xue isn't here to give his thoughts , he's here to give the majority of members what they want which is more right-wing propaganda. He said she said political tabloids, that's his specialty and he's very good at his job.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
man thought she just aged badly. but she was apparently an ugly kid too. especially with that angry look she still has.

i have to be honest. if i heard of a plan to bus poor black kids into a more affluent area for school i would have to say, i would be against it. i don't know how it was when she was a kid. but they tried that with my high school. bussing black kids in from a well known welfare/gang area, into a fairly rich area. and i say black kids, because even though there were a lot of other races in that area ONLY black kids were given the opportunity to go to a better school. a friend at school was actually from that area and by "living" with another friend was able to go to our school. and his mother set it up so that he would be in a safe school. before that even though it was a primarily "white" school (with it having a very high percentage of Jewish kids), we had all sorts of different races. and for the most part everything was good. a few fights every once in a blue moon. the rich bastards doing things like stealing hood ornaments off of students cars (the most popular student car was a brand new Mustang, even had a couple kids with landrovers), and trying to blame us poorer kids for it.

but as soon as those black kids were bussed in there were fights all the time. the joke was you had to book a place and time to fight in advance. and many were serious fights using weapons. cops became a fixture at the school. and classes they were in were disrupted regularly by them. they bullied and harassed everyone else. and they just loved putting hate on the Jewish kids, since of course they were racists. vandalism became commonplace (including destroying student's nice cars, and swastikas and things like "kill the Jew" were carved and painted all over the place), as did theft, which had never been a problem before. it was a horrible idea. those kids had no intention of learning. they just brought their gang wars and violence with them and caused mayhem at had once been a good school. and the worst part was, no one was willing (or to be honest allowed) to properly deal with them. kids were told "sorry, we can't do anything about it, you will just have to learn to live with them". almost worse they terrorised kids at a Catholic grade school, a public grade school, and a private grade school which were pretty much in front of and behind our school. plus stealing the local variety stores blind. and doing property damage in the neighbourhood. so no i certainly would not support bussing those types of kids to better areas. they want to destroy and cause mayhem, let them do it in their own area. other people shouldn't have to suffer because of them.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Most Republicans and all media pundits expected the GOP to lose the House, by significantly larger numbers than they ultimately did, in fact. If anything, the Dems were overestimated and they underperformed in the midterms.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Joe should have told her to look where she was standing. A Presidential Candidate. The bus ride must have been worth it.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Joe should have told her to look where she was standing. A Presidential Candidate. The bus ride must have been worth it.

He'd have been instantly crucified. The voter base on that side isn't like the GOP voter base. Logic and reasoned snapbacks take a backseat to pandering and emotion. Had Biden said pretty much anything that involved Harris' accomplishments or life, he'd have been instantly hit with accusations that he "hasn't walked in Harris' shoes as a black woman" "disrespects and questions her truths," and "was clearly exercising his white privilege/patriarchy/*insert some other horsesnip floppage popular with the SJW nothings these days here*" immediately.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

She really does look good.

Posed, smart, doesn't buckle under pressure, ex military.
Plus she says this.

townhall.com...

Tulsi Gabbard Calls Out Fellow Democrats Over Religious Bigotry.

That is why I think she is the only one that will pose a problem to Trump's Presidency. When she says something and given enough time to speak she is very good at making a point. The rest are trigger happy, scandal prone, sleeps her way to the top, Spartacus wannabe DNC funding machines. If Gabbard gets the funding it could be really bad for the GOP.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

No. I was warning people 😎

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: highvein

He'd have been instantly crucified. The voter base on that side isn't like the GOP voter base. Logic and reasoned snapbacks take a backseat to pandering and emotion. Had Biden said pretty much anything that involved Harris' accomplishments or life, he'd have been instantly hit with accusations that he "hasn't walked in Harris' shoes as a black woman" "disrespects and questions her truths," and "was clearly exercising his white privilege/patriarchy/*insert some other horsesnip floppage popular with the SJW nothings these days here*" immediately.

Yeah, but at least he could have kept his balls. Joe, the creepy, sniffing, ball less wonder that got to be Vice President.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

www.pbs.org...

No, they won't. She's as nutty as the rest of the band of morons up there.

I don't agree with all of her ideology, but I don't agree with all of Trump's ideology either. I think that is the largest block of voters at this point.
And she seems to be reasonable and better prepared to answer questions with somewhat more logical answers.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Dont you worry yourself one bit....
The turnover in Congress ALWAYS happens at midterms
Remember Barry's midterm ?

And , most folk are not underestimating the Dems chances
They are severely OVERESTIMATING them
I see one already

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   

She did kick him in the nuts in that exchange.

Odd that the two racist politicians that she brought up that he pandered to she didn't identify as Democrats, since they both were...

Probably didn't fit the narrative.

Also, Joe kinda lied too about it being a local issue...

He was all for a Constitutional Amendment to prevent busing to achieve school desegregation.

Biden on NPR 1975

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Dont you worry yourself one bit....
The turnover in Congress ALWAYS happens at midterms
Remember Barry's midterm ?

And , most folk are not underestimating the Dems chances
They are severely OVERESTIMATING them
I see one already

I'm thinking this batch of Democratic candidates have actually swung further left than the 1972 elections.

Worked out real well for them last time... the Democratic candidate lost what... 49 states?

ETA... McGovern/Nixon... Nixon carried 49 states and over 60% of the popular vote.

So this one should be fun!
edit on 28-6-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: generik

Which kids get picked for the busing makes all the difference. Having taught in an inner city school, the ones who deserve to go are the ones with parents who try their best to get their kids out of the 'hood. Those kids are usually well behaved, try their best learn in an environment where most of the kids are like the ones you experienced. Those kids would do their level best to fit right in, and that's because they'd have parents at home working hard to make sure they took every advantage of the opportunity as best they could.

Those are the kids who deserve school choice. And those are the kids whose parents will wait in line for hours to try to get them into every lottery they can for charter school space today or jump through every hoop for a voucher program.

The ones you experienced have parents who will barely bother.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join