It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Tulsi Gabbard' = #1 Term Search in US

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: sine.nomine

originally posted by: sine.nomine

a reply to: sine.nomine

There certainly political wars going on out there but that isn't what I'm getting at, the shareholders wouldn't put up with financial losses, their investment is purely for profit. If you were a shareholder at Google and we're taking losses because of the direction the company takes you would pull your money and invest elsewhere right, its ridiculous to think otherwise.

Don't get me wrong there is all sorts of manipulation going on out there, I just think its a stretch of the imagination that we live in a world where profit isn't the prime motivator.

And you think political influence doesn't eventually lead to profit? These are investors, not gamblers. They know the game. You need to open your eyes, my friend.

Maybe eventually, but that's a gamble not an investment.

You're delusional, friend. Take off the blinders. I'm sorry, but there's so much out there saying the contrary, including the companies execs themselves. Try my experiment. It's that simple to test the theory. You can do it with a lot of topics. Seriously. Do it.

I'm looking at this from the profit driven world we live in, using profit as a guide, you know the golden rule. Follow the money.

ever notice how people get into government having a little, but soon after, seem to have a lot? Insider trading is legal with them. And they have all the inside information, as they make policy. Who would you want to be friends with? With the way the media is tied into the democratic party, it's mind boggling that intelligent folks won't even question some of the facts.

Yes I have noticed and it doesn't sit right, I guess I see all of the government as bad, deceitful and thieving, not just the democrats, this is an ongoing issue with people drawn to positions of power.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

I'm honestly conflicted. I've long considered myself a libertarian, and I'm also not for government regulation. On the other hand, at what point are they considered a public service?

Me too. So I'm ok with the antitrust law. We just don't enforce them.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Because we keep playing their game of us vs them. When people stop finding their identity in Democrat or Republican we can start to solve the problem.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

She doesn't spew non stop hate speech. That's how she is better than almost all Democrats.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I know I searched Tulsi Gabbard a few times as has my roommate, I also know she's the only one on the democrat side I'm considering, it's either her or Trump. Dems sideline her, then as far as I'm concerned four more years of Trump.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Because we keep playing their game of us vs them. When people stop finding their identity in Democrat or Republican we can start to solve the problem.

Yes I agree.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Tulsi = huge tax increase, new green deal, freebies for everyone, anti gun.

She sounds great, but she is just not vitriolic, her actual positions are pretty extreme left. These are some of her positions. Basically freebies for everyone, the new green deal, and guns are bad.

Climate change: Mandate an end to the use of fossil fuels for electricity by 2050. Ban fracking.
The plan would require electric utilities to use 80 percent renewable resources by 2027 and 100 percent by 2035. In addition, it would set similar goals for car emissions, mandating zero emissions by 2050.

Education: Tuition-free community college for all and tuition-free public university for most families.
Gabbard backs Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders’ proposal to cut or eliminate higher education tuition for most Americans. She would make community college tuition-free for all Americans, and four-year public colleges tuition-free for students whose families make $125,000 or less per year.

Guns: Ban assault weapons and require universal background checks.
In Congress, Gabbard has co-sponsored bills that would ban assault weapons

Health care: Create “Medicare for All,” a universal, government-sponsored health care system.
would pay for health care by increasing taxes

Social Issues: Protect abortion rights. Ban discrimination based on sexual preference, identity.
She voted against a proposed ban on abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy. In both of these areas, Gabbard has changed her position since she entered politics at age 21. She was initially anti-abortion, or opposed to increased abortion access.

www.pbs.org...
edit on 29-6-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I've been looking at her policies, nice job picking and choosing the ones to try and scare people and not the really good ones.

Unfortunately at work, so can only drop a minor comment. If I didn't work seventy hours a week would give you a proper response. I want to go over every policy and not the pick and chosen ones so people can get a whole picture not the silly scare mongering picture.

Besides there's more to a candidate than their policies as anyone can say anything. There's the quality of their character and whether you can trust them to really care about what's right. I can get behind many policies I don't agree with in exchange for policies I agree with if it means both will be pursued by someome that actually cares and isn't a corporate stooge or political mercenary.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

I've been looking at her policies, nice job picking and choosing the ones to try and scare people and not the really good ones.

Unfortunately at work, so can only drop a minor comment. If I didn't work seventy hours a week would give you a proper response. I want to go over every policy and not the pick and chosen ones so people can get a whole picture not the silly scare mongering picture.

Besides there's more to a candidate than their policies as anyone can say anything. There's the quality of their character and whether you can trust them to really care about what's right. I can get behind many policies I don't agree with in exchange for policies I agree with if it means both will be pursued by someome that actually cares and isn't a corporate stooge or political mercenary.

Why do I need to post anything else when those policies make her unvoteable?

You admit she has positions that are truly terrible.

Why do other positions she has matter when she has those positions?

It's like saying yes, she eats babies and kills puppies, but she has so many good qualities forget about those little details.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I understand Hitler liked dogs so we have to look at the whole picture and not pick and choose stuff.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Why did no one ever tell me that before. I'd vote for him now, the rest of his policies be damned.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Don't vote for anyone then, even Trump. If you can't find policies you can't stand in every single candidate you aren't a free thinking human being. You need to look at the whole of the person and why. A lot of those policies are idealist policies, if a person on the left had no such policies I'd think they had no heart. Part of the balance of right and left is supposed to be optimists vs pessimists, idealist vs skeptics.

You're focussing too much in the wrong things. I don't have time to go into detail breaks are two short. This is sooooo frustrating being able to only give half assed replies.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Show me the Trump policies that make him unvoteable. I sourced Tulsi, your turn.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Botttom line, the Constitution was designed to limit the size and scope of government, something Trump is actually trying to do.

Tulsi wants to increase the size and scope of government.

So she is, in fact, being anti Constitutional.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

It basically seems their reply is Tulsi can't do the things she is for doing, so we should vote for her, even though the things she says she wants to do are horrible.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

She would raise my taxes, reduce my quality of healthcare and ban my firearms.

Why would I want that?

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Because she can't do any of the things she wants to do, so vote for her .. I guess?

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

That’s the thing.

I vote for the candidate who mostly agrees with me.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I really hope either Bernie or Tulsi get the nomination. It'd be fun to watch them debate Trump while his brain turns to goo trying to formulate an intelligent response.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Trump is definitely not the greatest debater. Good thing that's not his job, and he is crushing it at his actual job. You know, giving Americans the best quality of life in 20 years and highest wage growth in US history.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join