It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put in for Real I.D. driver's licenses today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   
My wife and the neighbor lady talked, yesterday evening, and so today the wife and I went down to the Sheriff's Office for our Real I.D. driver's licenses. Idaho puts a star on these newbies to differentiate from the regular driver's licenses which will still be available. Both of our U.S. Passports expire in 2020 so it was a good idea to do this now. Ha, Ha.
Nope, these won't cut it. They gave us the form of what we needed, and so we came home and went on the old scavenger hunt.
1. You need an original paper SSS #. card.
2. You need a valid U.S. Passport, or Birth Certificate ( C.O.L.B.).
3. Then you need 1099's with your present address in our State, plus a couple of Bank deposit statements, and a current automobile proof of insurance card.

Luckily, I found our 2010 Passport application papers, which included both SSS#'s on paper cards. With the current U.S. Passports, driver's licenses, and 1099's, for SS direct deposits into our checking account, we passed muster on the second trip. I needed to renew my Driver's License anyway so we both received temporary paper driver's licenses, although my renewal cost an extra $30, compared to the wife's upgrade at $15. So, $45 dollars later, we came out with our temp. licenses.

What was interesting was that the license lady bemoaned that these overly complicated, one size fits all, regulations are strictly T.S.A." ideas. Some States don't really lock down I.D.'s for driver's licenses, the same as Idaho does. So, even laminated SSS cards are not going to be allowed. On the simple side, we only had to write a single personal check for both Real I.D. applications.

Since Momma had spoken with the neighbor lady, I told her she had the lead on this project, and I was just "driving Miss Daisy". So, when the neighbor's directions fell flat, I merely smiled and said that we just must make a second trip. I found the pair of our SSS cards, in the original paper card formats, and the C.O.L.B.'s we used in 2010 to apply for our Passports, and she came up with the insurance card, 1099's, and a couple of bank statements. Together we got er done, with minimal stress on me. Too many times I only get half of the needed info, and then I get yelled at for not being Omnipotent. So, by giving her the lead role, I solved this stressful situation, by merely "driving Miss Daisy".

These Real I.D.'s will be required on Oct. 1st. 2020, in order to board any commercial U.S. domestic flight on any commercial airline. Obviously, a valid U.S. Passport has always been needed for International Travel, by any, and all, means of transportation. And there's been chatter about making Passports, or Real I.D.'s, mandatory for trains and buses, as well. Before we could board the Eurostar Express train at Paris to go to the U.K. through the Chunnel, last month, we had to get approval with our Passports at a booth staffed by a curt British lady agent, at the Gare du Nord Station, in Paris.

And at the end of our U.K. tour, we again had to show our passports, at Edinburgh, to board our jet for Logan Airport, near Boston. But this kilt raising, and the Logan strip searches, were now being done at the behest of our beloved T.S.A.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: carpooler

ID's that are harder to fake are becoming normal in today's society. As they should be.
Why we are not making passports as a similar size to drivers licenses is beyond me. All the stamps can now be digital.

Why this is needed but no form of ID for voting, I cannot even comprehend.
(Not trying to take the topic off subject)

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   
How come bank papers? Are they mandatory? What if one has no job (1099)? Or no money to be saving in a bank?

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
you need car insurance to get a drivers licence ????????

WTF ?????????????????

thatis taking the piss

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Pain isnt it ?
I got a 10 year license just before this started.
I had to jump through hoops to show I was a US citizen just to get it renewed.
Shame only US citizens have to go through this.
Illegal alien ?
No problem if one lives in Cali or N.Y. (actually 10 more , and the District of Columbia)

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ecapsretuo
How come bank papers? Are they mandatory? What if one has no job (1099)? Or no money to be saving in a bank?

Hahahahaha
One of the options to show state residence .
Is not required

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Pretty sure its cheaper to just keep My passport up to date, here in good ole CA.

Went thru a class the other day fake ids are keeping up with real ids on everything except micro printing, which You can get from China for about $100 for 2

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ecapsretuo

1099 is a self employment form, unless I'm mistaken. I've only dealt with the 1099 misc.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

ID's that are harder to fake are becoming normal in today's society. As they should be.

For a second there I thought you said "Being required to have an ID in order to exist is normal, as it should be". I was gonna argue with that because that's totally creepy. But since you said it the way you did, there's obviously nothing creepy about that.

"Papers PLEASE!" (That sounds SO familiar but I can't figure out why)
edit on 28-6-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   
No one is required to get a Real ID or a passport. I don't have either and don't need them. If I want to go somewhere I drive and I don't need to travel out of the country for any reason.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
No one is required to get a Real ID or a passport. I don't have either and don't need them. If I want to go somewhere I drive and I don't need to travel out of the country for any reason.

You can go anywhere you want as long as you stay inside the pasture.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 03:25 AM
link   
My thread from 2014 dealing with the Real ID Act.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

S and F for OP. It is a real headache.

Des

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I feel the same way you do on this. I don't fly either. When I renewed my drivers license recently, I was told I to get the real ID one, I would need my birth certificate with a raised seal. I had everything else. Maybe some day I'll go to the courthouse to get the birth certificate, but I'm in no hurry to do so.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Where do you live man?

In the US yes you do have to have that unless you are very knowledgeable of the two work around that I have heard of but never seen in action.
Sovereign citizen or religious right. But again I don’t know how but I do know you can do it.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Can you back that up? The cali n.y bit? I don't understand what you're implying?

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong
a reply to: Gothmog

Can you back that up? The cali n.y bit? I don't understand what you're implying?

States Offering Driver’s Licenses to Immigrants
There , that "validates" my post
But , of course , I validate most everything I post before I post it.
Unlike some other folk

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
July 1 Under emergency legalization in Calif you will need a Real ID to buy guns and ammo.

This is on top of background check system that covers the same thing for guns and ammo.
edit on 28-6-2019 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: carpooler
And at the end of our U.K. tour, we again had to show our passports, at Edinburgh, to board our jet for Logan Airport, near Boston. But this kilt raising, and the Logan strip searches, were now being done at the behest of our beloved T.S.A.

If you fly even one a year TSA Pre is more than worth it. If you think you might go out of the country even once, getting a Known Traveler status or whatever it's called now (it's the $15 upgrade to pre for reentering the country) is worth it.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

Why we are not making passports as a similar size to drivers licenses is beyond me. All the stamps can now be digital.

Why this is needed but no form of ID for voting, I cannot even comprehend.
(Not trying to take the topic off subject)

They have ID size passports, look into passport cards. They can't be used everywhere though.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

How do illegals get a real ID in Cali?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join