It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi Caves: Trump Wins Again

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
As long as there is a desire to be met, human trafficking will meet that desire.

Human trafficking only works when you can keep someone an underclass. When you do that, you can bring them somewhere, keep them in a substandard lifestyle, put them into work paying them little to nothing, and they have no rights to fight back against that.

The result of this is that they have to work for well below the typical wages for the labor they're doing. This puts people in the home country out of work, because they can't compete with the black market wages. Furthermore, it gives the criminals a lot more power.

When all who are in a country are on the same legal standing, it prevents an underclass from being exploited. That results in higher wages, and it also results in the government spending less money as we no longer have to run programs to verify legal status to work, or nearly as much immigration enforcement.

Once you let anyone who wants to live here or work here do so, the problems that you claim illegals bring with them disappear because those problems stem from their legal status rather than from the people themselves.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Sorry, that is quite simply wrong. Americans are kidnapped and trafficked.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Defending actual concentration camps isn’t something you should be proud of.

These are For Profit facilities, what’s telling is that you are suggesting that our tax dollars go to make individuals rich off the suffering of human beings.

They all have government contracts, they’re all already receiving tax dollars to provide for internees, if their CEO’s don’t make millions a year because they have to spend revenue providing for the basic needs of the human beings in their charge, that’s on them.

a reply to: projectvxn

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: WhatUKNO4

You people are caricatures of yourselves.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: WhatUKNO4

a place where large numbers of people, especially political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities, are deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area with inadequate facilities, sometimes to provide forced labor or to await mass execution.

So these people are prisoners, put there against their will, and can not leave and go home?

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: Aazadan

We shouldn't be running concentration camps at all, but the Republicans did agree to a 90 day limit on a childs time there, rather than the current indefinite detention, where kids are spending months to years in the camps (and the indefinite stay has been the main point of contention). And that is a very big shift in policy assuming it gets adhered to.

A policy put in place by the Obama administration. Where were your threads, and posts claiming that the Obama administration was running "concentration camps"?...

They don't care about these people. They're political pawns for 2020, that's all.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Sorry, that is quite simply wrong. Americans are kidnapped and trafficked.

Who? Where? Across our southern border and to other countries? That's something border patrol should actually stop. Most people are not doing that though.

Furthermore, we actually could get rid of that if we went cashless. We can do other things to stop it too. A strong, stable, and prosperous Mexico is in Americas geopolitical interests, and one of the best ways we can make that happen is to defund the cartels. Stop funding them with the hopes they kill each other. Stop providing a market for their products.

If we do that, then over time Mexico can recover, and we end the problems you're supporting the use of expensive ineffective solutions to solve.

Edit: And if you're saying we need a wall to stop Americans from being trafficked, that sounds to me like you're saying what you really want is a wall to keep people in the country, not out. That makes me think East Germany.
edit on 29-6-2019 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: face23785

proof? Because they put up the first bill the repubs wouldn't sign. Then signed a bill that they didn't like just because they knew it needed to get done.

Did repubs try to get money for these people before this week? Can you link to those bills that the dems voted no on?

The bipartisan Senate bill was ready 2 weeks ago. (color me shocked that you're so uninformed on this issue you weren't aware of this. Uninformed is the only way you can continue to hold the ridiculous views you have) Democrats in the House wouldn't even entertain it because they were busy pushing their own partisan version that everyone, including them, knew would never pass. Everyone knew the Senate bill was the only one that had a chance.

The Democrats delayed this because they wanted to put on a show of passing their partisan, DOA bill first so they could score political points. In doing so, there was little time left before the break to negotiate changes to the Senate bill. If they hadn't played politics they probably could've got a few more concessions. As it stands, they wound up having to take it on the chin because they ignored the compromise Senate bill until the last minute before the break and then passed it almost completely as is. The stall accomplished precisely nothing besides ensuring CBP didn't have the resources needed to properly care for the people you pretend to care so much about. That's the Democrats' fault, no one else's. Why do you support that? You don't care about those people at the border.

And yes, you do love the Democrats. Nobody is fooled by your act, just fyi.
edit on 29 6 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhatUKNO4
Defending actual concentration camps isn’t something you should be proud of.

These are For Profit facilities, what’s telling is that you are suggesting that our tax dollars go to make individuals rich off the suffering of human beings.

They all have government contracts, they’re all already receiving tax dollars to provide for internees, if their CEO’s don’t make millions a year because they have to spend revenue providing for the basic needs of the human beings in their charge, that’s on them.

We house people at these facilities to the cost of $755 per day. And somehow this is supposed to be saving us money? Literally putting them in hotels with full amenities and room service would cost 1/3 as much... oh and they would even have soap.

The cruelty of these camps is the point. Well, that and an easy source of government kickbacks.

Over 60,000 people are reportedly coming into these camps every month, with no one (or very few) leaving, certainly not enough to offset the 2,200 people coming in per day. And they're filled way past capacity, and there is literally ZERO documentation of anything that happens inside of them. I promise you, we will find mass graves at these places when all is said and done.

edit on 29-6-2019 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Americans are kidnapped inside America and trafficked. Open borders and letting 100 million people to flood America won't stop human trafficking, it would just destroy the country.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

We house people at these facilities to the cost of $755 per day.

Did CNN tell you that? Oh, no, wait, sorry, it was CNBC:

But as of April, children have been separated from their parents with much higher frequency, which has led to the creation of “tent cities” to hold thousands of separated children. Those beds cost $775 per person per night, HHS told NBC News.

Since you didn't bother to link to your information, I looked it up.

But there's a lot to this article that you failed to mention. Things like the fact that overcrowding an area increases cost. The more extensive tent cities that have to be built (by private firms because Congress took so long to provide funding) to handle the overcrowding is the reason for the high cost. ICE facilities actually cost less in the long run:

According to ICE’s FY 2018 budget, on average it costs $133.99 a day to maintain one adult detention bed. But immigration groups have pegged the number closer to $200 a day.

The cost to maintain a family bed, which keeps mothers and children together in a family residential center, costs around $319 a day, according to DHS.

So one mother and child is $319, but two individual beds are more like $268, a $51 per family premium (most illegal immigrants have one child). Again, Congress has not appropriated the money to provide this premium until now, and we'll have to see if it is enough.

The cruelty of these camps is the point.

Then your complaint is with the Congress that refuses to fund sufficient beds.

Over 60,000 people are reportedly coming into these camps every month, with no one (or very few) leaving

That is utter BS. People are leaving every month, as the immigration system can process them. Some are also being turned loose to roam the country, although thankfully Trump has stemmed this action some. Of course, when he tried to restart it and send the illegal immigrants directly to the sanctuary cities, he was demonized for that, too. How dare you expect us to actually take care of the people we have been supporting with our policies!

As usual, you can't even get things right when the MSM reports them for you.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

It still looks to me that both sides were coming up with ideas and those that voted yes on both sides get credit for this win in my book.
It also looks like BOTH sides have been playing politics with peoples lives.--but whats new about that?
Yes having two competing ideas in your head at once. Having more than one objective. Human beings are capable of this.
Both sides have been the bad guys during this and both sides did good by voting yes.
Maybe you just don't like dems so no mater what they do you see it as bad?

But since you seem to need this I'll throw you a bone.
MORE dems voted no then repubs. And the dems voting no happened to be the lib group. Those that voted no are the losers here.

And yes, you do love the Democrats. Nobody is fooled by your act, just fyi.

You don't know me. You don't know my voting record.
You see me argue against righties on this site .

You don't see me argue with lefties on other sites. But I do.

The parties have no hold on my mind the way they do on some. That's why I don't see things in black and white, left vs right, all or nothing.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I was so tired last night and didn't want to look any of this up but here's a much better report on the amount that have increased in 2019.

www.cbp.gov...

It shows that 2017-18 are average, business as usually.

But then in 2019 it went up significantly!
I've got to wonder what happened ether here in the usa or in the countries that those people come from to suddenly increase the numbers like that?

Are they worried that they wont get in if they don't come now?
Did conditions in their countries vastly degrade in just the last year?

Is the ct true and someone is driving this on purpose?

What do you think is the reason for the sudden increase in 2019?

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

The point you keep missing is the Republican plan was already available and was rejected by Democrats.

They were forced to vote yes because of public outcry, they initially refused.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

After Trump won groups went into planning mode. They came up with plans, then went and started caravans, those caravans take a long time to reach the US. Democrat groups are planning, funding, and creating these caravans, literally lying to people about US immigration to get them to come, in order to create a crisis.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I've got to wonder what happened ether here in the usa or in the countries that those people come from to suddenly increase the numbers like that?

Donald Trump happened.

The establishment (the vast majority of the DNC, but a significant number of Republicans as well) has been trying to get rid of Trump since 2016. They've tried everything: investigations, allegations, spinning earlier statements, ridiculing, blaming... none if it has worked, and the reason is always because "he gets things done; he keeps his promises."

So what's left to try? Force him to renege on one of those promises... the arguably main promise: immigration. They did this with George H.W. Bush ("read my lips: no new taxes") at least once already. Flood the border with so many people that he'll have to give in and abandon fixing immigration; try everything to make immigration's job harder so they can accomplish less; keep the pictures of those poor, "mistreated" people in the public eye at all times.

And the more Trump has touted his immigration solutions, the more TPTB have opposed them... often the exact same policies they themselves supported a couple of years ago. This is a planned, choreographed attack on the President of the United States, using the most vulnerable people that can be found as pawns.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

60,000 a month in, 21,000 a month out (which includes those who are officially dead, as ICE has adopted a policy of releasing most people just prior to death, so they don’t have to report the death as in custody).

The numbers do not add up.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

as ICE has adopted a policy of releasing most people just prior to death

How about you provide evidence for this garbage.

I promise you, we will find mass graves at these places when all is said and done.

This stupid garbage too.
edit on 29 6 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Well, duh! That's the whole problem!

ICE releases those who have had their cases adjudicated as they are adjudicated. The problem is that more are coming in faster than we can adjudicate them! The number of beds available is set by Congressional funding; the number of immigration judges is set by Congressional funding; the number of people coming in is affected by public statements like were spoken during the Democratic debates.

You keep wanting to blame this on President Trump. But the whole program was started by Obama, and the funding is being limited by Congress. Trump is doing the best he can with a bad situation Obama created and the DNC in Congress won't help with.

I don't know how it could be any more obvious.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

What the Dems did was delay the funding necessary to care for these people for partisan purposes, and you're still waffling about "both sides." Whether I like them or not isn't relevant to that fact. Republicans # up their fair share, but you need to acknowledge that the suffering was prolonged by Democrats in this case, the topic of the thread. That's indisputable. You can't acknowledge that though, because Republicans bad and what about the children! Partisan blinders are too thick. The Democrats left those kids to suffer longer. Period. This could've been done weeks ago but they had to grandstand. In particular the House Democrats who were more concerned about pandering to people like you with a protest vote on a wasted bill that was never going to become law than they were about taking meaningful action to help the people you and they supposedly care about. Those actions don't reconcile.

If you have any hope of being taken seriously here, you'd do well to acknowledge that is the Democrats' fault. I won't hold my breath though. Your words are meaningless as long as your actions don't jive with them.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join