It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi Caves: Trump Wins Again

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
So they held this funding up all this time, resulting in people having to live in worse conditions because CBP didn't have the money to properly fund the facilities, and accomplished precisely nothing. All that suffering is at the hands of these Democrats who held this funding up for partisan reasons and then caved and passed it with virtually zero concessions.

Scumbags

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Do they not detain them at the border on the line?

Duh. No.

We cannot build a detention center in Mexico. Our detention centers are just inside the line. Every person there broke the law, but they have an opportunity to ask for asylum.

And they do, with the vast majority not getting it because they don't qualify. Before Mexico agreed to keep some of the immigrants until we could process then, we had nowhere to put them all because Congress would not appropriate enough funds. Now there are so many coming in, we still needed more funds because we literally cannot process them and send them back to Mexico as fast as they come in.

Some are human traffickers. Some are drug dealers. Some are gang members. Some are criminals fleeing justice in their own country. Some are people hoping for a better life. A small minority are actually bona fide asylum seekers. And they all know that the way to get into the US is to simply waltz across the border; if not caught, disappear into the inner US in a sanctuary city; if caught, ask for asylum (and bringing a kid along, whether it is theirs or not, makes that much easier); wait in a detention facility which seems like a 5-star hotel compared to a prison in their country; when released with a court data, go on to the sanctuary city; don't bother showing up for the court date.

That system begs for exploitation. It makes a child a precious commodity to be traded and used. That is what people who do not support a stronger border and immigration reform are advocating for.

As for who won politically/personally? I agree: those who voted for this bill and the immigrant children. Remember that this was a Republican bill that passed the Senate. It is quite similar to the Democrat bill that passed the House earlier, but it does not have several sections that directly opposed everything else Trump is trying to do to curb illegal immigration.

That's why some members of the House Democrats are upset: they wanted to use this as an opportunity to make the border less secure. They wanted to hold the safety and health of these children as hostage for open borders. They didn't get it. All they got was appropriations to help house more people.

And there was no wall funding, because none is needed at this point. Trump's National Emergency declaration withstood court muster. The wall is being built, right now.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

That system begs for exploitation. It makes a child a precious commodity to be traded and used. That is what people who do not support a stronger border and immigration reform are advocating for.

This is the most important point people need to understand on this issue. Supporting these open border policies is enabling the exploitation of children, not to mention all the girls that get raped. Much of it wouldn't happen if our system wasn't such a joke and easy to take advantage of. Everyone who opposes securing the border and tightening up the loopholes in our laws makes it more likely more women and children will suffer. It's not compassion.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

If the repub backed bill was bipartisan doesn't that mean that BOTH sides liked it and wanted it?

It would mean that if the Democrats did not try to push their own version through first and fail. The Republican version was already an option, the Democrats rejected it. It was only after political fallout they passed it.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Why would they cut funding...oh yeah, open borders democrats.

Don't act like we didn't watch the debate. The only people democrats overtly advocated for was illegals.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

So the President Finally Did it ! Threatened Nancy with " The File " of Her that he has Exclusive Access to . I Wonder which Sin/Crime he Covertly Hinted to Her he would Declass.....Hmm........

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

It was a win for both sides. But mostly for the immigrants Except it or not.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

We cannot build a detention center in Mexico. Our detention centers are just inside the line. Every person there broke the law, but they have an opportunity to ask for asylum.

Is that still true since the deal was made with mexico?

Also do you believe that those at the border complying with law enforcement should be seen as the same as those that cross and then run and hide?

While I see what your saying if it's technically accurate to label them as criminals should we be treating them as such. The ones at the border I mean.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Don't act like we didn't watch the debate. The only people democrats overtly advocated for was illegals.

Not that agree with cuting the funding but how would that cause open borders?

Ice doesn't patrol the borders do they? honest question.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Not that agree with cuting the funding but how would that cause open borders?

Ice doesn't patrol the borders do they? honest question.

ICE is not the only group they want to defund, and they do deportation, so it would mean once people got in they stay in.

Rep. @AOC is calling on Congress to cut funding to ICE and Border Patrol until they end their abusive treatment of immigrants

www.newsweek.com...
edit on 28-6-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

until they end their abusive treatment of immigrants

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Is that still true since the deal was made with mexico?

Yes. Mexico did not give up its sovereignty and become a state. It is still a sovereign country. Building detention centers on Mexican soil and manning them with US agents would be called "military invasion" and probably met with the Mexican military.

Also do you believe that those at the border complying with law enforcement should be seen as the same as those that cross and then run and hide?

Almost all of them cross hoping to avoid CBP. Otherwise, they would be crossing at Ports of Entry. They cross, usually with a child in tow, with full knowledge that if they see the CBP, the CBP will see them and it's just a delay if they flag them down, but a big issue if they are seen trying to run. The coyotes teach them this stuff.

So yes, you treat everyone caught crossing the same initially, whether you saw them first or they saw you first.

While I see what your saying if it's technically accurate to label them as criminals should we be treating them as such. The ones at the border I mean.

That depends on what you mean by "treating them like criminals." Their criminal activity must be stopped. That means while they are on US soil, they must be detained until they voluntarily ask for deportation or they are denied asylum and deported, or they receive asylum and are legally permitted to stay. That doesn't mean they should serve time in San Quenten, but neither should they be allowed to simply go on their merry way scot-free.

They should be detained in as good conditions as practicality permits, until their case is adjudicated. if that means overcrowding because too many came in at once... I'm sorry. They came uninvited, illegally, and they get whatever we can give until their due process is received. If that means we cannot keep families together, again, I'm sorry, for the same reasons. We invite more people in than any other country on earth, legally, and we have a path to citizenship for them. Just ask before you come, and you're welcome... no detention, no family separation, just come and be a part of us.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The biggest mistake pelosi has made (and the DNC, for that matter), is to believe that twitter is an accurate or even semi-accurate representation of where the nation is at. I think pelosi, the clever devil that she is, has finally realized that the AOC wing of the party is small. Maybe 10% of the population (I'd bet it's actually 5-7%). They already have no where else to go so pandering to them is not a smart strategy. The debates have made this evident. Ratings are meh, results are boring and predictable, and there's nothing new being learned about any of the candidates. Well, other than just how far they're willing to take their pandering to the base.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

The other problem is that with Big Tech working to actively screen out competing voices, it gives the AOC wing and their followers an outsize presence on social media making them seem bigger too. That works against them by hiding the reality of the situation.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

until they end their abusive treatment of immigrants

So basically they are not providing adequate basic needs, so defund them so they can't afford anything until they pay for those needs, which they can't do without funding.

Seems like the goal is to create a situation where the agencies can't possibly operate, leaving them to the inevitable conclusion they need to be ended permanently.

And who decides what is abusive .. her?

Anyways I proved she is calling for defunding border patrol leaving an open border.
edit on 28-6-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Let's not be obtuse here.

I am clearly not stating that healthcare for illegals or the defunding of ICE will cause open borders.

I am saying that it is no surprise to see open borders democrats advocate for these asinine policies.

I am also stating that cutting funding to ICE, which enforces immigration laws within the US, is also an open borders policy.
edit on 28 6 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 28 6 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Very true. They distort their own view by silencing opposition. Of course, they don't care what reality is. They're a bunch of pinkos and their only goal is control, not representation.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Almost all of them cross hoping to avoid CBP. Otherwise, they would be crossing at Ports of Entry

Can you prove that most that are in the detention centers are not arriving at ports of entry.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Can you prove that most that are in the detention centers are not arriving at ports of entry.

I'm not going to try.

The simple fact is that no matter how many facts are presented, those who advocate for open borders and free immigration at will simply will not listen to any facts or proof offered. It is a matter of record that the unobstructed border is crossed regularly, although we simply don't know how many cross there because we don't have the resources to patrol it. We only know how many we catch.

That will change soon enough. The wall is being built, so anyone that attempts a crossing will likely at least be detected. Then we'll know how many cross where. Until then, can you tell me how many ants there are on your property?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   

The simple fact is that no matter how many facts are presented, those who advocate for open borders and free immigration

I don't advocate for ether of those things.

My position is that while those people are in the centers they should be treated humanly and with dignity.
They should not be treated like thugs and hardened criminals.

I would further say that even thugs and hardened criminals should be treated with humanity and dignity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join