It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I was running for president. . . . .

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Having just read another of your replies about Gunther and man boobs I've come to the conclusion that you are a sick and twisted individual and you will BURN IN HELL with red hot needles under your finger nails. Your just the right man for the job. I will vote for you.
But to get ALL the extra money you need just take it off the military and the alphabet agencies, then no one need pay any taxes.
Or, on celebration day (St Patricks day, Chinese new year, etc.) round up all the pretend people and deport them back to their (or their parents, or grandparents) country of origin.
Solution. Less people to educate, less people to look after when they get old and you have the benefit ofselling all their property.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
If I found myself running for president I would probably sign myself in to one of your mental health centers.
You have to be a special kind of crazy to want that job! I don't care how much you make in salary and illegal side schemes, it isnt worth the hassle that comes with it. As trump is probably now discovering.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
So how do the states fund education? I'm assuming the fed kicks in a good portion as it stands?

The states fund education largely through property taxes. The Feds give grants to the states for specific issues, but require compliance with their edicts to get them. Dfunding the Department of Education would NOT defund schools run by the states.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So how would this mental health program actually help the mentally ill, what will you do differently to all the trained professionals already in this field ?

A good place to start would be requiring "insurance" to treat mental illness as actual illness and **cover** it.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
For every dollar the fed collects 70 cents get wasted on bureaucracy. While states are nowhere near perfect it's one less layer of wasted money on non-value add Dept of Ed employees.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Woulda coulda shoulda.

You've got my vote!

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Thank you for giving me this opportunity to speak.

*ahem*

Under the DB administration, I would continue Trumps successes with the tax cuts, I would continue his successes with the record low unemployment.

What I would do differently?

Is this.

I would propose a National Mental Health Program. I would instruct states to set up mental health facilities. This would address the rising opioid drug use, the dangers of potential gun crimes, the homeless. I would, under my administration, give student loan amnesty to anyone who would work at the mental health facilities.

How would I pay for this?

When you create a government program, you should eliminate one in it's place. No government should ever grow so fast as ours has done.

So under an Executive Order, I would abolish the Department of Education and return that responsibility to the individual states.

With the funds that had been going to the DoE, it would then fund the Government-run mental health facilities.

I would not raise taxes.

I would also abolish, expose the tax-payer funded Congressional Hush Fund. No tax payer should ever pay for cover-ups because congressmen tried to rape an intern.

Abolishing the Department of Education would be a logistical nightmare IRL. You serious? Leave those responsibilities to individual states?

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

So run then.

*sigh*

Too old, too poor, too fat, too ugly.

Too bad.

I could try to bake your chocolate chip walnut cookies with less sugar...would that help?

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Would you be running as a democrat or a republican? Some of us
would like to know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join