It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street Beggars...Child Abuse!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Well, seeing as how I've pissed off most ATS members (moderators included) at me; here's another thing which pisses me off...

Street beggars. Now, historically we've seen these people at the bottom of freeway ramps asking for money due to various personal issues. Okay.

Most of their donations are a scam, and from guilt, but I digress.

Recently, this trend has changed. Now, I'm starting to see more and more mothers, with infant children in strollers, out in the hot sun begging for money. It's always some sad story..."No formula, or no gas or broke down", but NOW they're using an infant child like what I would call "LIVE BAIT" while fishing!

This begging thing has become ridiculous!

I asked a couple the other day if they would take gas for their RV, and to point me to it, and they said .... "blub, blub, blub..uhhhh...no, well...we uhhhhh...let that other guy drive it...yeah that's it...and now we're here!"

If it makes you feel better to give money to drug addicts and grifters, people...then do it. But Please, understand who you're dealing with.

These people make more per day than you and I do, based on people's guilt.

Which brings me back to my original position; using your infant child as bait, out in the hot sun, to pan-handle for money is...CHILD ABUSE!!

PERIOD!
edit on 6/27/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
These kids can't talk. They can't say they're hot (or going into heat stroke). They just have to sit there in the baking sun.

Mom doesn't care, because she's more interested in money (if she even is a "mom"). The baby sits there and bakes in its own juices and the withering sun. But hey, it's okay...just another family who needs money.

People get all weirded out about "child abuse", but it seems to me trolling the waters with live bait of children on the hook is a serious offense!!

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
About 15 miles from us there is a popular truck stop (beggars rule here).

I've seen at least (4) groups of people rotate with the same stroller. Is the same child in it? I don't know, but there is a living child in every one. The stroller is the EXACT same.

Trolling with LIVE (infant) = Child Abuse!!

P.S. - I could go on for a very long time, but this is a VERY uncomfortable topic for many here on ATS!!

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
You should follow them and see if they drive home in a Cadillac !! 😆

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I know this is a VERY unpopular topic within ATS. My words are upsetting, I know.

This reality is just something most don't want to see. But the truth is...it exists. It's that sheet of plywood with the scorpions underneath it.

The level of what we are seeing for "panhandling" has now gone to a different level. Child Abuse is not above their money...and it's SICK!!! It's DISGUSTING...and it should be ILLEGAL!!!

edit on 6/27/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Typical of the Roma in Europe. The mothers meet in the early morning to stake out territories. They all have babies that are drugged to keep them quiet. They are excellent pickpockets. Europe is absolutely full of these people. Tourists, especially Americans, beware.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You should call the police on them, and they will probably report it to child services.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I hear your concern for the child in this sad situation.

But consider this:

If you were a (likely single) parent in a similar situation, either by choice or circumstance, and had no safe place to leave your children, what would you do?

Give them up for adoption, and maybe lose them forever; never knowing if the “loving family” that takes them will actually turn out to be abusive, or maybe even human traffickers?

Turn you kids into “Protective Services”, we have all heard, and seen, how that often turns out for the kids.

“Judge not, lest Ye be judged”.

If you wish to give, give, and ask no questions; it is not your place to weight the content of another’s soul.

What we do for others we are actually doing for ourselves, always.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Why that is simple. Just do what the govt is doing! Find yourself a 8 or 9 year old kid to dump the baby on and go on your merry old way!! Since the govt is doing it it has to be ok to do right???

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

You would be horrified to see inside the houses of those families...seen too many kids think cockroaches are pets.

Sorry to say but some people/ families are just beyond help. Tossing them a couple dollars does nothing but fuel a slow, slow burn.

I'm not sure if it's mental illness, incompetence, drugs, or just apathy, but the world is rife with it. It sucks, and I can't fund other peoples' sicknesses anymore.

edit on 27-6-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Okay, just why do you consider it child abuse?
Do you consider it child abuse if they are under a shade tree on a cool day? What if they are just walking down a street on a sunny hot day? I am curious.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

utter rubbish

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
An apt description of your response.

Do you believe that panhandlers are mentally ill?
Are you then advocating for more health care spending?

Do you believe that panhandlers are drug addicts?
Then do we fund more drug treatment and rehabilitation programs?

Do you believe that they are in their circumstances due to a lack of work?
Then you support jobs that pay a living wage that allows for child care AND leaves enough to provide for a decent life?

Or do you believe that they are just lazy?
Then maybe you favor just letting them, and their children die in the streets?

Or would you prefer spending millions of dollars to build, and operate, “poor houses” so that the “blight” is out of sight and mind?

If My response is “utter rubbish”,

What’s yours?

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Typical of the Roma in Europe. The mothers meet in the early morning to stake out territories. They all have babies that are drugged to keep them quiet. They are excellent pickpockets. Europe is absolutely full of these people. Tourists, especially Americans, beware.

I saw it years ago while holidaying in Italy, whilst sitting at pavement cafes

Roma women with baby and toddler hand held out to begging to the people

eating and drinking.

If not already happening in your area ....... It soon will be with uncontrolled

migration!!

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Um we lived in Texas in the 80s. Lots of migrants were around then also and many companies seemed to have no problem hiring them, even if they weren't legally in the country. My husband worked awhile for an asphalt company paving driveways and parking lots. His boss liked the Mexicans. It was hard work and the Mexicans didn't seem to mind the hard work. My husband had a hard time understanding much of what they said but he never complained about their work ethic. Matter of fact he said they were some of the hardest workers he knew.
I would say about the same thing about the guatamalan that I worked with in NY. A nice respectful guy who worked his arse off. And my boss here in Virginia was connected to the refugee program here and would hired quite a few immigrants. Most were respectful, hard workers. I can only thing of one that I didn't like but it had more to do with his attitude towards another refugee that I am guessing came from the same area a he and there was some kind of tribal conflict or something.

You can say a lot about the immigrants and why it might be wise to cut back on the importation. Of them. But I have a hard time buying that they are lazy and unwilling to work.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Yup, this has been going on for decades in most of the major European cities. In the early mornings they are being dropped of by dudes in luxury cars and in the evening collected again. Not just child abuse, they themselves are being used too.
Not much different than the "woman of the street" and their pimps, just a slightly different technique.
The gypsy mob is real.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   
In my country the children aren’t just the bait but the rod as well.
The moms will sit on the side of the road while the children do the begging.

Africa has taught me to grow a think skin.
Not easy telling a hungry child to f-off, but you don’t have much of a choice as the money will mostly just go to drugs anyway.

Grow a thicker skin - anyone who speaks to me on the street, unsolicited, will receive the usual polite request to leave me alone, if they don’t accept that as an answer I’ll start using the F-word.

Another good tactic- if they ask you for food, ask for food in return.
I can’t always be the one handing out freebies.
This usually confuses the crap out of them.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I am afraid some of them only gets a child to beg for money.. and then use that money for drugs and alcohol.
I would had called the police, because I agree what you speak of is child abuse.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

In the slum town that I live in, every major intersection has one or two of these vagrants standing with a sign looking for money.
purely coincidentally, they are always in extreme proximity to the liquor store.

I remember the days when a hobo would at least squeegee your Jeep windows or maybe do a little dance.
Now it’s just money for nothing.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I've said it before and I'll say it again - people should have to be means tested to have children. Simple, no effn idea = no right to breed.

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.
edit on 28-6-2019 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join