It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Debates Day2 June 27 2019 9pm Eastern Time - Watch Live Stream

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Maybe, but that would seriously alienate their base. Can they afford that? That have to calculate whether or not their "sane" candidate could shave off enough independents and moderate democrats to beat Republicans and independents who would, at that point, be so alienated and distrustful of the modern Democrat look to move that direction.

The other calculation is can the rest of the country afford that? Crazy has a way of boiling over when it thinks it's being stiffed.
edit on 28-6-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Someone had a Twitter where they said Harris is like Obama but meaner, and Biden is like Clinton but dumber.

Obama got elected because he was likeable. I'm not sure a mean Obama makes it in.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
what disturbs me more is that most of the left on this site, tell us how we on the right all live in an echo chamber....we dont care to edcuate ourselves on what the left believes......

And yet here we are.....

Most of us that are vocal on the right, watching the debates, educating ourselves on what they believe and what they say...........

and where are the left on this site.......wheres their participation? Wheres their input?

Were the ones watching the debates for people we would never vote for, just so we can UNDERSTAND their position!

Let this stand as testament that we DO educate yourselves........and let the candle light for the hypocrisy of the left.........

Hell yall wont even participate in your own debates...........talk about not wanting to be educated..........

cant wait for yall to step up during primaries......

I was unable to watch the debate last night and opted to use this thread for a summation. All I can say is the fact that you believe what you wrote is a large part of the issue and why no one on the other side is here speaking their mind. I read this whole entire thread and it had just about f$$@ all to do with research or anything of the likes. It was literally the echo chamber you spoke about in the first sentence of your post. Jokes, insults, tearing people apart and circle jerking all over the other side, or the enemy, the retradicans or whatever the cool thing to call them is now you know since they're the scum of the earth and apparently the bane of all mankind. Some of you may very well be watching, even more are posting, but the "deep' conversation that the lot of you are having with one another shows this thread for what it truly is.

As someone who rarely posts anymore due to the left vs right era we're in and my general disgust for both sides all I can say is

"Hello, yeah Pot? Whats up? This is kettle."

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TrowaBarton

Oh, we watched. The takeaway is what was said:

open borders
free health care for everyone, including illegals
free college
free abortion up until birth (maybe after), and for transgender black women
nationalizing just about everything
confiscating guns (What is the 2nd Amendment, who cares?)
HIGHER TAXES ON EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING

None of them care about liberty or choice (unless it's killing your baby) or jobs or anything else important to most of us. They want to take control and dictate what we do, how we spend our money (assuming they allow us to have any after they tax it from us), and everything else about our lives.

There isn't much research to do because nothing was actually a new idea. It was all stuff we've seen and talked over before.

Oh and it's not "Hello, Pot, what's that? It's kettle ..."

It was more like "Hello, Pot, it's the primary debate. Yeah, I've got some chickens to throw in you. Thought if I tossed enough of them your way, you might vote for me!"

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I guess the email from DNC went out at 5:30 as expected.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
So uh dems
Anyone want to explain the gun confiscation platform it appears your party has embraced?

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I want to know how much they expect to tax us in order to give free everything to everyone (except for the middle class who are always the ones they really mean when they talk about 'evil rich' folks).

Oh, and in order to achieve the things they expect, how much of the actual real economy will end up government run.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I can’t speak for everyone but despite my bias I tried to accurately give my feelings on the debate, even commenting to n who I think looked good

I would ask your opinion of those summations but it would be difficult for you to give a fair assessment seeing as how you didn’t watch the debate

I think that the o really extremism of these candidates, after the democrat party and their msm allies have told us for years they aren’t extreme (claiming they don’t want open borders for example) is what hit the vitriol of so many posters here

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You forgot reparations.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I want to know how much they expect to tax us in order to give free everything to everyone (except for the middle class who are always the ones they really mean when they talk about 'evil rich' folks).

Oh, and in order to achieve the things they expect, how much of the actual real economy will end up government run.

This group so far has been mostly bizzaro world
As bad a trump is he is no where near as crazy as this bunch

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: PilSungMtnMan
I guess the email from DNC went out at 5:30 as expected.

...along with a mass text message onslaught 😎

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Someone had a Twitter where they said Harris is like Obama but meaner, and Biden is like Clinton but dumber.

Obama got elected because he was likable. I'm not sure a mean Obama makes it in.

Definitely, think Harris will find it difficult to win the nomination much more against Trump, but did I hear right at one point she was talking about being a prosecutor and being to one to prosecute Trump. If so rhetoric like that appeals to a lot of the left. I know reparations talk does.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Let's be totally honest here, does ANY Democrat voter actually believe a promise of US tax-payer funded free healthcare for illegal aliens opens up an electable road for any candidate?

Yes.

They're pandering to the young and inexperienced. They know they lost the old base some time ago, so their only path forward is to get the younger generation to vote them in. The younger generation, like all younger generations since time immemorial, will swallow their empty promises hook, line, and sinker.

But the problem is, this is the same generation that can't even seem to show up to work on time. The chances of a country-wide turnout of millenniums overpowering the older voters is slim to none. That's why they want the illegal immigrants. Some of them can slip through the cracks and actually vote in areas with lax voter ID laws, and according to yesterday's Supreme Court decision, they may be able to shift representation in the House by flooding certain districts and giving them more representation. Effective gerrymandering without gerrymandering, if you will.

I still don't think it will be enough. The insanity is getting to the point of being too patently obvious, so much so that even some millenniums are saying "what?"

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...
harris wont get the nomination

Additional evidence is coming together to indicate that Jussie Smollett initiated a "Lynching" hoax against himself, to assist U.S. Senators Kamala Harris and Cory Booker (aka "Spartacus") with getting their Anti-Lynching bill through Congress.

jussie has flipped on them with the case being reopened
www.nytimes.com...

CHICAGO — A judge on Friday ordered that a special prosecutor be appointed to independently investigate charges that the actor Jussie Smollett staged a racist hate crime against himself, as well as the prosecutors’ abrupt decision in March to drop the felony counts against him.

jussies phone records will be the end of her

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

When the obvious gaffes are so numerous as to drown out any sliver of actual reasonable policy, that's to be expected from any group watching. I mean, really... Kamala Harris again stated that she would give Congress 100 days to "get their act together on gun control," and if they didn't she would enact gun control through Executive Order. That's literally doing more than she has been outspoken in bashing Trump for in dealing with Congress, and a blatantly unconstitutional use of Executive Order to violate the Constitution! Every one of the debaters continued with their mantra of "the economy is not good under Trump" when all data and uncountable anecdotal reports say the exact opposite. Bernie responded to the question of "what will your first action in office be?" with "Defeat President Trump." Castro wants to make abortion safe and legal for people who cannot become pregnant. Questions about paying for these pet projects were regularly answered with "whataboutism" and vague generalities. Foreign policy issues were answered with "If we just get rid of Trump..."

It doesn't take a lot of research to see how ridiculous and out-of-touch-with-reality these answers are.

Had there been much of anything that was presented in a serious, intelligent manner last night, I would have been researching it, as would plenty of others. But they have to give us something to research. Just spewing out impossible promises don't cut it.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I'm still trying to find any evidence of an actual lynching (as in, a person is summarily charged, tried, and convicted in front of a mob, then hung from a nearby tree or other suitable support without any legal oversight) that has occurred in the last fifty years. Why don't we just pass a law that says one cannot hunt whales from a moving car in Kansas?

Oh, wait, that's already a law...

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Sums up their performances very well.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

www.abovetopsecret.com...
harris wont get the nomination

Additional evidence is coming together to indicate that Jussie Smollett initiated a "Lynching" hoax against himself, to assist U.S. Senators Kamala Harris and Cory Booker (aka "Spartacus") with getting their Anti-Lynching bill through Congress.

jussie has flipped on them with the case being reopened
www.nytimes.com...

CHICAGO — A judge on Friday ordered that a special prosecutor be appointed to independently investigate charges that the actor Jussie Smollett staged a racist hate crime against himself, as well as the prosecutors’ abrupt decision in March to drop the felony counts against him.

jussies phone records will be the end of her

Possibly but if it gets swept under the rug, you can bet somebody made some phone calls, fringe Dems are desperate to get away from Biden and Bernie, if it slides Harris has some weight behind her. If it doesn't and it bites her in the azz, likely they got somebody waiting in the wings, because these 20 are really weak sauce.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Marianne Williamson should play Blanche Devereaux if they ever reboot Golden Girls. She pulls off the dipsnip Southern Belle who tries too hard to be cool perfectly.

What are this idiot's qualifications to even be speaking publicly, let alone trying (and obviously failing) to run for the nomination to the general election?

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

What are this idiot's qualifications to even be speaking publicly, let alone trying (and obviously failing) to run for the nomination to the general election?

She has a vagina and a low enough IQ to qualify.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join