It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobody Speak (NSFW)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Bruh, you are one of the sane people around here. So, you know that it will never be fixed. It was never intended to be fixed. I speak mostly of the frustration that many of us share. There are solutions to our problems, but they will never be implemented. The reasons are legion, but at a certain point we just need to elect Grambler, (whom I have nothing but respect for, and have no private communications with) to office, if we want decent people to... rule (they call it representation, which is prima facie absurd) us? I dunno. The Divine Comedy is real, and has been for thousands of years. Good people run for office. They never win.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterMcKill

Yeah, it'll never be fixed.

About the best any of us can do is play the game. There is no Superman, no one will ever save us.

Sometimes. . . . sometimes the bad guys win.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

We need a way to cull the influence of ... corporate money in American politics

That happens went politicians stop listening to and taking bribes from their lobbyists. Only they can change that, which is why is doesn't change.

Corrupt people want the 175k job because they all leave rich or on the way there.

Well... we could change it... if we were not afraid of our own government. How is this tolerated?

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

About the best any of us can do is play the game. There is no Superman, no one will ever save us.

I wish it was only "sometimes". But it sure doesn't seem that way.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I agree with you in general, though I take umbrage with the idea that "most people still live fairly well". That simply is not so. America is not the world. Most people get the sharp end of the stick. And then, some more stick. We never get the carrot.

Oh?
Is it carrots you would like? What flavor, and quality of carrot?

ATS: Delicious Carrots.

(PS" good OP, and you're right: folks don't like talking about these things.)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterMcKill

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I wish it was only "sometimes". But it sure doesn't seem that way.

Take the victories when you can.

We may not win the war, but we do win occasional battles.

And it does hurt them.

Don't fight the war. You can never win a war on your own. But you can win battles.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Believe it or not, I did win a war that I was fighting today. Five years, hundreds of hours, and thousands of dollars. To publish a 30-page children's book about personal responsibility. I will put it into libraries across the country. Hail Eris! The only thing subversive about it is that nobody wants to be accountable for anything these days, so if it is ever read to children, it will probably be read by a man dressed up as a woman, whose city thinks that all of this is somehow righteous. I am a qualified L1, and the prospect disturbs me. We live in interesting times... but I am pretty sure that is a Chinese curse.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 02:56 AM
link   
That rocks in more ways than one

top topics

<< 1   >>

join