It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobody Speak (NSFW)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Watching the Dems "debate" last night, I was not surprised to see the same old miscreants revise their roles as the dishonest, opportunistic pond scum that they are. Such is the nature of these things. However, it must be noted that this circus involves both parties. All of them, every last one, have betrayed our country (Hey Rand Paul, what have you ever accomplished? About as much as your father did?). I say this with a heavy heart. I believe in freedom above all else. And yet, here we are. It is the definition of "US Political Madness".

The idea that we need government to tell us what to do, while they rob us blind, lecture us on morality that they have never possessed, and rape the educational system, the courts, and every other public institution they want to control, is the antithesis of a free people or nation.

Yeah, I know I am preaching to the choir, but this is a bridge too far. We do NOT have to choose sides. ALL OF THEM ARE CORRUPT. This is not rocket science, and yet many people resist the truth because... (insert nonsensical, blathering, apologetic, it-will-be-better-if-you elect-me intellectual dishonesty here), maybe we have become so passive as a society that we love our slavery. To corporations, which own our "Representatives". This disfunction is a global pandemic.

Why, for the love of all that is holy, do we tolerate this?

That was a rhetorical question, of course, but it is also demonstrative of the issue. When is enough, enough? We are being pushed toward another war within factions that have no reason, no solutions, no common sense. And, per the video, who has to clean up the mess? Yup, that poor cleaning lady.

If we must have government, we must, at the very least, demand results and accountability. I may be an Anarchist, but I do not have pipe dreams. This system is broken beyond repair. It is time for us to fix it. One way, or the other.

I wonder how long it will take the FBI to show up at my house... nah, I'm just kidding... too late.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I love just about everything dj shadow has put his hand to.
edit on 04/05/2017 by Benderisfunny because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterMcKill

First off, I gotta say I love that music video. It's a perfect representation of American politics.

That said, you say "we do not have to choose sides". But in reality we do. Not voting just results in a smaller sample size of voters. We need a way to cull the influence of unelected bureaucrats and corporate money in American politics. Unfortunately, nobody seems to have any real ideas for a solution, and if they do, they certainly don't have a voice in any major sense. Why would the people influencing politics give somebody a platform to remove their influence?

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of Patriots and tyrants."

I'm afraid Thomas Jefferson may have been right all along.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benderisfunny
I love just about everything dj shadow has put his hand to.

That makes two of us

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

I am not a huge Rush fan but, "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
DBL.
edit on 27-6-2019 by MisterMcKill because: DBL

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

We need a way to cull the influence of ... corporate money in American politics

That happens went politicians stop listening to and taking bribes from their lobbyists. Only they can change that, which is why is doesn't change.

Corrupt people want the 175k job because they all leave rich or on the way there.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Let me put it this way:

I was part of a short-lived D&D campaign where I briefly tried my hand at a Lawful Neutral character. Most of the time, the people I played with were into Chaotic Good because it's the easiest to form a party around. The characters will be all gung-ho to pitch in and adventure and they tend to get along. This time, I wanted something different.

I was central to the destruction of the game. It relied on the party helping an overthrown king retake his thrown. The issue? All I cared about was that things were being run lawfully. I had to reach the tipping point where the chaos of revolt was worth the overthrow of what was obviously a lawfully run place, no matter how evil it was. And the GM never understood that.

My point in that anecdote is that most people still live fairly well. They're not desperate enough to rebel yet although we're getting angrier and angrier all time even if it is against each other and not necessarily at the government per se. You have to have people who feel the horrible chaos of revolution is worth it that they're willing to sacrifice everything in order to try to change their present circumstances.

Do a search on what happened to the signers of the Declaration of Independence for example. Most of them were wealthy men, and most of them ended up losing everything - material and familial. So what you're talking about is not something entered into lightly.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

We need a strict term limit law to fix part of this disaster. But why would the people in power legislate themselves out of power? Most Americans do not realize the pension and medical benefits that CONgress gets. That is, of course, by design. Oh, and when is Trump going to abolish Common Core? He won't. Only an uneducated populace would put up with this system, so that is all we will ever get, despite all of our efforts to the contrary.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
You say a lot of people already realize the fundamental truth that there is no difference between any politicians. I just don't see this, but I wish it were true. I think the majority still buy into the illusion that there is a difference between the political parties. We will not get anywhere until people realize the simple truth that there is no difference.

Then the hard work begins.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I agree with you in general, though I take umbrage with the idea that "most people still live fairly well". That simply is not so. America is not the world. Most people get the sharp end of the stick. And then, some more stick. We never get the carrot.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
You say a lot of people already realize the fundamental truth that there is no difference between any politicians. I just don't see this, but I wish it were true. I think the majority still buy into the illusion that there is a difference between the political parties. We will not get anywhere until people realize the simple truth that there is no difference.

Then the hard work begins.

And hard work it is. But if we do not educate people, how can they learn the truth?

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterMcKill

I agree with you in general, though I take umbrage with the idea that "most people still live fairly well". That simply is not so. America is not the world. Most people get the sharp end of the stick. And then, some more stick. We never get the carrot.

I live in the US. We all live fairly well here, even our poor. As for the rest of the world, we do not cause those problems, not as directly as we get blamed for.

Sometimes, people have to fix their own issues. If they won't, it cannot be fixed for them or else you have the same problems all over again.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I hear you there. The hard part isn't convincing people they have been lied to for a long long time now, even though that is a challenge in itself. You have one of my favorite # 1 steps, term limits for everyone. Maybe even a 2 year cap. By the time they learn to hoard the money and power, they are out and a new batch is in. You can already hear them holler .... 'but we need seasoned political veterans to keep america safe. If there are new batches every 2 years, they won't be able to accomplish anything'. To which I will reply, 'now you are learning'.

What percentage of the american populace do you think already knows there isn't any different between the 2 political sides? I am willing to bet it is still under 10%.

Well, at least you haven't been labeled an elitists or 'above it all' in this thread so far. That is a positive.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Educate the masses, that's your only chance...

Put everything on education and ride it out an otber 20 years.

Love you post. Big S+F

Peace
edit on 27-6-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: MisterMcKill

I live in the US. We all live fairly well here, even our poor. As for the rest of the world, we do not cause those problems, not as directly as we get blamed for.

Sometimes, people have to fix their own issues. If they won't, it cannot be fixed for them or else you have the same problems all over again.

I live in the US as well... I was born in Los Angeles. But tell that (poor people live well) to all of the homeless people there now. Illegals are treated better than the poor and homeless citizens. It is a travesty.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

I am doing my best to educate, and have taught every grade level that there is. I know that it is not enough. But I sleep well at night. I may not make a difference, but I am not one to give up. A difference that I did not make today may be the difference that I make tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I absolutely agree. Both sides seem to think they are fighting evil while directly supporting it. The corruption has been out of control for a long time. Democrats and Republicans are not fixing anything. They've had plenty of time and all they do is make things worse. It's time for something else.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

The only way it'll ever be "fixed" is if a giant meteor crashes into DC and we re-staff everyone.

What more laws do we need?

What laws do we still need to have in place?

Why do we pay these assholes what we pay them?

Remember the Congressional Hush Fund using tax-payer money to silence sexual abuse claims?

84 Congressmen have used it and no one says a damned thing.

Zombie apocalypse, or giant meteor.

I'm open to ebola also.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

I hear you there. The hard part isn't convincing people they have been lied to for a long long time now, even though that is a challenge in itself. You have one of my favorite # 1 steps, term limits for everyone. Maybe even a 2 year cap. By the time they learn to hoard the money and power, they are out and a new batch is in. You can already hear them holler .... 'but we need seasoned political veterans to keep america safe. If there are new batches every 2 years, they won't be able to accomplish anything'. To which I will reply, 'now you are learning'.

What percentage of the american populace do you think already knows there isn't any different between the 2 political sides? I am willing to bet it is still under 10%.

Well, at least you haven't been labeled an elitists or 'above it all' in this thread so far. That is a positive.

I am an English teacher and a media producer. I am above nothing. I am down in the trenches. All I want is sanity. We have a long way to go. I could teach the Chinese to learn our language, but I will not do so. I am no patriot, but I am no idiot. Elitist? Not that you made an allegation, but yes, I am far more educated (according to those that issue the bunk credentials) than most people. As for your question, it is literally impossible to get a reliable data set in most cases; all of it is self=serving. I cannot find a solution to a problem that is so so divorced from reality that it serves one purpose only: to make the rich richer, and the poor poorer. A Social Justice Warrior, I am not. An educator, I am. Much of Yoda's grammar is technically correct.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join