It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AOC The gift that just keeps giving . Busted staging viral photo op.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You skipped one and two.

First, an asylum applicant must establish that he or she has a well-founded fear of persecution in his/her home country.

Secondly, the applicant must prove that the persecution is due to one of five protected grounds: race, religion, nationality, political opinion, and/or membership in a social group

Your father's family seems to meet that, and they are not in the average citizen's position.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
How am I not balls deep in the Clownverse?

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Who is going to stand guard at the border gate and judge asylum eligibility based on appearance or national origin of those presenting themselves for consideration, without hearing their case? You? How do you determine who can apply for asylum and who can't?

Sorry, don't answer my question with more questions. I will ask again, are you claiming all 30 million qualify for Asylum and every last citizen in those countries can just move here?

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

So Venezuela is not South America? So every Venezuelan qualifies for Asylum? We need to take in all 32 million? Or are they all dead already and it's an empty country? They can't go to any other country except the US? Every country along the way is also so bad no one can live there?

How many of those presenting themselves, or attempting to present themselves, at the southern border are from Venezuela? Like I said, the current issue with migrants isn't about South America. It's about Central America, and Central America is suffering globally record breaking violence.

Why don't these poor Central Americans present themselves at the first city the enter in North America then? Why does a global crisis need to travel 2500+ miles of one North American UN member nation to land at another's that has taken in and cared for its share and then some?

I'm assuming you know that Mexico is not part of Central America.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Oh, so every one of those people in some way, shape, or form openly defied the cartels? If that's the case, then why aren't the cartels killing them instead of helping to smuggle them over the border? You do know that's what's going on, right? They pay the cartels money, and in turn, the cartels provide them with stolen kids and coach them on what to do if they get caught. You know, claim asylum.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

These dems are just too stupid for their own good - or anyone else's for that matter.

In the debates, hillary was handed a golden opportunity to win the whole thing, but she stayed with stupid and blew it. When she was given debate questions ahead of time she was not given a hand up in the debate, she was given a golden ticket to the Whitehouse. Her biggest problem, and I know that is a long list, was that she was simply not trustworthy. All she had to do was walk out on that stage, admit she received the questions ahead of time, and refuse to participate in a rigged debate. If she had the integrity to do that, she would have won right there on the spot. But she stayed true to form and went with cheating and lying. Although her worshippers fall for that garbage, the rest of us don't.

Now here comes hillary 2.0. Repackaged, but still defective, dumb as a box of hammers, and far less useful. You can't even use this one as a doorstop. She would keep closing the door to keep the 'carbons" from getting away.

Please dems, tell me you have something more intelligent in the wings. Please. This can't be the best you have to offer, can it? Honestly, look at the highest ranking democrats right now. These aren't the idiot liberals down the street. These are the cream of the crop. These are the ones that rose to the top. In liberal land, this is as good as it gets.

I would say more but I have to get back to work putting care packages together for Guam. It's going to tip over, you know...

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

LOL Is that whose financing those migrant caravans? I thought it was George Soros.

I'm saying that everyone who makes it here to claim asylum has the right to have their case heard.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: primus2012

Why don't these poor Central Americans present themselves at the first city the enter in North America then?

Some do. Some don't feel protected, as they are still a target of many in Mexico.

Mexico is having it's own problem controling the violent behavior of gangs and cartels.

edit on 28-6-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

These dems are just too stupid for their own good - or anyone else's for that matter.

Unfortunately their brainwashed base is even more oblivious .

Hillary‘s biggest problem in 2016 is that the nation knows her soul is so dark she could leave fingerprints on charcoal .

Trump one because there were a lot of take America back Trump supporters.

But there were also a lot of people who voted the anybody but Hillary ticket .

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Dbl
edit on 28-6-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

LOL Is that whose financing those migrant caravans? I thought it was George Soros.

I'm saying that everyone who makes it here to claim asylum has the right to have their case heard.

Last I checked they are. They have no right to live in America until then.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

More about Mexico:

Mexico violence peaks with over 2,200 murders in June www.aljazeera.com...

For the first six months of 2017, authorities nationwide recorded 12,155 homicide investigations, 31 percent more than the 9,300 during the same period last year.

Just on Friday, the same day the report was released, a marine and four other people were killed when armed forces moved against the leader of the principal fuel-theft ring in the central state of Puebla.

Also on Friday, the top prosecutor in the western state of Jalisco, Eduardo Almaguer, said authorities discovered two drug cartel training camps where they believe about 40 people had been trapped and trained after being tricked by online job advertisements. An unknown number of human remains were also found.

On Thursday, a neighbourhood on the south side of Mexico City exploded in gunfire and eight people were killed as marines tried to capture the leader of a drug gang that controlled street-level drug sales in part of the city.

Unprecedented wave of political violence rocks Mexico www.pri.org...

Last week, Mexican congressional candidate Fernando Purón was shot while posing for a selfie with his supporters, and his murder was captured on video.

As Mexico prepares for elections on July 1, the country is facing an unprecedented wave of political violence — 113 political candidates and eight journalists have been murdered since the election process began last September. With more than 3,400 political seats up for grabs in this election, Mexico has faced serious challenges in providing adequate security to those running for office, especially those in small towns and rural areas.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Last I checked they are.

They are being turned away at the border.

They have no right to live in America until then.

Legally, they do.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Sounds like Mexico need to Make Mexico Great for once?

Why cant they get some responsibility?

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

We got our White Saviors who know best lol

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Why don't these poor Central Americans present themselves at the first city the enter in North America then?

Some do. Some don't feel protected, as they are still a target of many in Mexico.

Mexico is having it's own problem controling the violent behavior of gangs and cartels.

The United States has its own problems controlling the violent behavior of gangs and cartels. Where does the freaking buck stop?

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Last I checked they are.

They are being turned away at the border.

They have no right to live in America until then.

Legally, they do.

Legally, they need to have their case heard. Can you show me the law that states they must be allowed to live in the US while that is happening?

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

A federal judge today halted the Trump administration’s “remain in Mexico” policy, which forces certain non-Mexican asylum seekers to wait in Mexico during their court proceedings.
Seeborg, nominated to the district court in 2009 by former President Barack Obama, found the policy was not supported by federal immigration law and did not sufficiently safeguard the lives and freedom of migrants.

ACLU asserted in a February court filing that the policy — formally known as the “Migrant Protection Protocols” — put migrants at risk of kidnapping, sexual assault, trafficking and murder in Mexico.
www.politico.com...

"By forcing a vulnerable population to return to a hostile territory where they are likely to face persecution, the MPP abandons our tradition of providing a safe haven to the persecuted and violates our international and domestic legal obligations."
—American Federation of Government Employees Local 1924
www.commondreams.org...

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Dude we can not take all these people in. Do you think about the resources required for taking in this many people? I for one do not want to pay for it.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Lots of federal judges have broken the law by ruling against Trump when Trump was in the right.

I asked you to cite the law in question that Trump is violating. Cite where it says asylum seekers must be allowed into the US while awaiting their ruling.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join