It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Americans Demand Safe Vaccines?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
www.909shot.com...

This commentary is by Barbara Loe Fisher, co-founder & president, National Vaccine Information Center. The NVIC tagline reads:

The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC), which is a national, non-profit organization founded in 1982 by parents of vaccine injured children has served as a watchdog on federal and state vaccine development, regulation, legislation and policymaking for more than two decades. NVIC has worked with parents in states to both protect and insert informed consent protections in mandatory vaccination laws.

She is opposed to Senate bill S.3 limiting damages to people killed or wounded by vaccinations needed from terror attacks. She says regarding this bill:

S.3 was one of the first bills introduced after the 109th Congress convened in January 2005. Main sponsors are Senators Bill Frist (R-TN) and Judd Gregg (R-NH), who attempted in the last Congress to pass legislation protecting drug companies from vaccine injury lawsuits in civil court and limiting the compensation vaccine victims could get under the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986.

I am curious as to what people think. Are drug companies so inept that they cannot create plentiful vaccinations for the people that don't also deform or kill the people?

Ms. Fisher continues:

The 1990s also saw many new vaccines added to the federally recommended list and, at the encouragement of federal health officials, more vaccine mandates and more strict enforcement of state vaccine laws. Religious, philosophical and conscientious belief exemptions to vaccination were increasingly being denied or taken away from children whose parents had filed them at school entry. Poor children were being denied government entitlement programs, such as free medical care, if proof they had received all government recommended vaccines was not demonstrated. Also, more children were being denied medical insurance by HMO's, which are subjected to a quality control rating system that counts high vaccination rates by HMO participants as a measure of quality.

I find her comments very interesting. I also watched with sadness as several children died from flu in Colorado last year. Weird how all of this vaccine stuff is in the news lately, hm?

Do citizens have the right to demand that their government and its corporate bedfellows provide safe and effective vaccinations?

If the CIA is saying that the Iraq war feeds terror, and terror could come in the form of viruses, should Americans hold their government (or Big Pharma) directly responsible for the failure of the smallpox vaccine?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Sure we can demand them but I think the real question is will we get them?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Sure we can demand them but I think the real question is will we get them?

Dam you beat me to it

join