It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy dream & nightmare experiences - assistance in bearing this cross?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

I've been a member here for a long time now, and over the years my opinions on certain topics have shifted as though founded on the sands of a Malian desert; I used to voice strong opinions concerning Islamic doctrine & purpose (NOT the people, only the doctrine, and that 20% of Muslims who believe in active & violent Jihad against all other cultures, especially the West..) Despite my anger about some of the practices of the men who abuse children & call it marriage, I have come now to a place where I recognise that voicing my opinion in a loud & direct way was not helpful to the cause of improving the environment, the Earth we inhabit & cannot leave until we die.. I now believe that it is absolutely vital to never hold hateful judgement against anybody - even the enemy of peace & varied cultural stability/ interraction. With this in mind, I want to take you to a weird place, which I won't excessively dwell on, but I'll give you a couple of examples as to why this whole thing has weirded me out..

Maybe some of you will recall that I have written quite extensively regarding the dreams I experience, which are so frequent that they occur each & every night, perhaps with five or six segments of lengthy & vivid, structured, almost 'screenwritten' dream activity. Frequently, perhaps one in ten nights, I dream about something which is unexpected & certainly not within my ordinary sphere of activityor thought during the day, not in my general access point to the collective unconscious either, it seems. These dreams, the 10% - they are highly ordered, and tell a story using either completely literal visionary insight; or, they will use symbols - visual & aural, puzzle-like in many cases, where there are clues requiring some thought applied to draw out the meaning associated with the plotline.

These 10% dreams are 100% predictive. They are not necessarily structured to the point of absolute literalism, but they are clear enough that with only a few minor changes, I could be looking at the reality which I will experience either 'in situ' or via some medium of communication, mainly the TV, sometimes woven in with the plot of a film which is being watched at the time of the predictive event. These dreams, without fail, tell a story which cannot be anything other than a 100% literal depiction of an actual event which has then occurred the following day, week, month or year. The dream may involve a minor event, a seemingly 'insignificant event - such as the activity or reaction of a family member to the situationsbeing experienced at the time. The event can be foretold with such clarity that it cannot be interpreted any other wayy than as being absolutely genuine prophecy.

Sometimes, as noted, the dream events are small. They are little quirks of everyday life which happen to coincide with a full prediction of the moment in which they occur. However, at other times, the events are so huge that it becomes literally terrifying. A major one was a predictive dream about the sudden & brutal rise of ISIS, in which I was in Middle-Eastern desert territory (Iraq, I think). They were dressed in black, and were executing captives with absolutely no clemency, no mercy, total brutality & wicked glee in what they were doing. They were hacking heads off right in front of me, but I was bound by the circumstances of the vision, and could not act to assist them. There was a clear sequence of symbols & literal experiences in which a makeshift cage had been constructed, and women & young girls were locked up in there. They were being abused, and murdered. The men were being hacked & shot to death in the area around the camp. And then, a very, very wealthy man who clearly hailed from the 'de facto' aristocracy of the USA. He was dressed in a very formal tuxedo, immaculately groomed, clearly loaded down with cash & carrying an aura of power, a clarity which made it obvious that he was a mjot decision-maker in the military-industrial complex. He knew about what was happening, he knew why it was happening, he had planned & condoned it, in part - but even he was utterly shocked & abhorred by what these mosters were doing to their captives. He was plainly shocked that the group known as ISIS were basically taking liberties with the power & supplies they had been gifted, They were used to achieve an action in the Middle-East. They were formed, mentored, supplied, trained & set loose to achieve an objective - but it went wildly off-course, with chaos being the outcome. That was not the plan, and it was shocking to all concerned, though clearly there were alternative objectives that could then be secured. Never let a good crisis go to waste... Ultimately we were hunting them down through tunnels, in a ceaseless surge-&-shift-submerge & lift guerilla operation.

Another complex dream prediction was less obvious in its outworking, because the incident was highly classified by the British government. The dream showed very literally the outcome of a jet fighter, a broken arrow, having been commandeered by a terrorist of some affiliation or other, but certainly a powerful & capable adversary. The plane cam from the North, trackiing rapidly over the Scottish mainland, a stealth attack like nothing we'd ever seen. The guardians of our airspace were taken unawares - it was probably the outcome of a Russian jet which had been 'jacked while pretending to be on standard maneuvers over the North Sea. It fled straight over the mountainsous spine of Northern England, and proceeded to drop what could only have been a neutron bomb over the city of Manchester, in North West England. The bomb, as many will know, does not instantly destroy buildings & infrastructure - though it does weaken them & make them subject to collapse as they have become brittle. However, the people within the blast zone were horrificallfy killed, with the radiation causing their flesh to melt off their bodies. The dream came with a time scale - 2 weeks until it occurred. Furthermore, the dream characters - generals & admirals - were discussing the prediction, some saying they could not take action because I myself had no military training, and could not make any sort of accurate prediction on such matters.

Lo & behold - 2 weeks later - there was a 'training accident' over the Northern coastline of Scotland, in which two British fighter jets were downed, One pilot was killed, and one had to ditch into the sea as his plane went down. Training accident. On the very day which the dream predicted.

Now these may seem helpful dream experiences - but I am laden with thousands of near-lucid dreams which operate as a sort of demonic maze, in which I can't escape, with terrible events unfolding which ultimately bear no relation to reality, but which greatly disturb & frighten, even terrify me - to the point that I do not look forward to going to sleep, and activly avoid doing so on many occasions. I have come to realise it is a sort of cross to bear - but if anyone has any insight into how to become more lucid in these maze-like dreams, in which I'm often a pawn in a dangerous game - I would greatly appreciate that instruction. I have tried a few techniques, but I really, sincerely, need a 'pro-tip' on how to become lucid, and remain lucid, so I can control the outcome of the dreams, ensuring I'm not overwhelmed by this terrible burden.

Thanks in advance,

FITO.

edit on JuneWednesday1916CDT08America/Chicago-050004 by FlyInTheOintment because: edited title..

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

God be with you if you want more. I have chosen to use a chemical to block them.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
1/ Drugs and alcohol. Burn enough brain cells and it helps become numb to it all.

2/ This is a tough one I have only manged a few times. In dreams there are a lot of things that do not make sense or would work the way it does in reality. Keep your awareness up during a dream and latch onto one of these nonsense things. It is here you can come to the realization that you are dreaming. Once you have done this you are now in the drivers seat. Have fun.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I hear you.

Back in the mid-1980s I had dreams which shared some of the elements of yours.

They did eventually stop happening but it's not fun.

Perhaps one way to cope is to jot them down, a kind of dream journal.

Are you, perhaps watching certain types of shows that you could stop watching? Switch to light comedies. I'm not trying to make light of it.

Good luck and thanks for the sharing.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Scream.

Scream your ass off... put your head up in your dream and scream.

Scream until your ears hear it in the really real world.

It actually comes out as a whimper or a high-pitched hiss in reality.

But if you can make enough noise that your outside self can hear it then you have a way out of your dream.

It's weird for me in the dream... the first few times you scream but you know that it isn't loud enough.

Eventually you will feel your lungs emptying and you are making a noise outside of where you are.

Then in your dream you scream.

Then you have a way out of it.

The more important part is having control over a lucid dream though... to be the producer of the movie.

That's a whole other thread.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

This is great advice. Any kind of screaming or extreme thrashing or yelling wake up wake up or anything you can train yourself to remember within the dream will have the same effect.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Guilt is a major cause of nightmares, I did not read all you said only because I felt there was no need...
Realize what you can and can not change but most importantly learn to forgive yourself of whatever in real life...
Aside from that to control a dream you must first realize that you are dreaming then you can have absolute control over them.
It’s really that easy...

I read the rest of what you had to say I assumed you were just dealing with night terrors, my bad...
Lucid dreaming is a skill that can be developed but would have nothing to do with prophecy...
Now that does not mean you will not experience supernatural happenings, for example during a lucid dream I went to visit a friend in the wee hours of the morning, when I entered his room he was awake and crying and I talked to him and he explained to me how he had broken up with his girlfriend earlier that night. He was in a state unlike any I have ever experienced. We talked for hours when I left he said he had felt he was going to be ok. I had the feeling he was doing much better. I returned home riding my bike the streetlights going out everyone of them for blocks as I passed directly underneath them. Later I remember waking up and looking at the time but this repeated several timed like a ground hogs day scenario if you are familiar with that movie. Oddly every time I woke up and looked at the time it was 7 am exactly including when I actually awoke...
I thought that it was an excellent session quite proud of how good I was becoming of controlling my lucid state for extended times...
When I got off the bus at school and my friend I had visited in my dream he came over and hugged me this was no normal interaction between us and I was wondering what was up... He went on to thank me and remarked it was very weird you came to my place just walked in the house and entered my room. Which I never did before I might add... But again thanked me again and told me he was very glad I did because he had full intention of taking his own life his dads gun was under his pillow loaded only placed there when he heard me walking down the stairs assuming it was his mom or dad.
Anyway don’t think that you won’t ever be free from fear if you do become proficient at high lucid states...
edit on 26-6-2019 by 5StarOracle because: Add

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Call on the name of Jesus. It will work. I promise. You have nothing to lose and all the ability to make it stop by doing so.

PM me if you wish. I know what it is like to be terrified to go to sleep and to have night approach.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddeninsite

this

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Since we're talking, here's what mine were about...but I'll be a bit vague.

I would be dreaming of a bad thing, or a bad event, such that when I 'woke up' I was still shaken and not sure it was true reality. Normal nightmares are 'upsetting' during the experience, but it's rare to wake up VERY terrified and have that last.

These same dreams would be recurring. Not every night but enough so that it would permeate my waking thoughts and make me 'paranoid'. Could this happen for real, I thought.

It was very realistic. You could see the bad thing coming and there was no way to run away.

Two Types of Bad Dream but not like this kind

I've had bad dreams of my Dad chasing me, and figuring out how to actually hide inside the walls of the house. This was a recurring dream for 30 years, but it wasn't Super-terrifying because by the time I had them I was a grown person. I knew my Dad couldn't harm me. (he did physically abuse me from age 6 to age 15). When I finally confronted my Parents at age 45 I got some kind of catharsis and the dreams faded away. (They kind of denied it, but I had relatives and family friends who confirmed it to me. Plus there was physical evidence. I forgave them.

Recurring Dream - upsetting and lasting 30 years but not frightening
I've had bad dreams of losing a girlfriend and just not being able to figure out why. This was a real event in my life and we both felt long term feelings, but she just went away and I did not know why. This happened for 30 years as well until I actually found her on LinkedIn and called her and she told me the whole story. Then the dreams stopped.

How do we manage lucid dreaming - super real dreams. You could probably google and find strategies. Remember it's not a scientific fact that lucid dreams can be modified or controlled or that they're a real thing. Dreaming is still not understood.

Finally someone suggested a Faith-Based idea. I'm not a religious person. I might say I'm 'non-theist' and not a fan or organized religion. But I will say I've experienced the feeling of 'there are no Atheists in Foxholes (during War)', and it has helped me, more as a mantra. I was so terrified one time I kept repeating 'Jesus is Love, Jesus is Love' and it got me though the day. It's almost embarrassing to say i did that but MAN, we all have had times of REAL fear.

So good luck. Find a good friend who is a stable, caring person and talk to them. Take care.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
^^ Wow it actually made me tear up to read my own post.

Fearing your own parents just never goes away...

We all still have that harmed inner child inside no matter how old we are. People - take care of your children and never ever physically hurt them or mentally abuse them. It just damages you in ways you can't repair.

Sorry...

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Maverick7

Hugs! I'm so sorry you had those dreams. I too had abuse (from my Dad). We have worked hard, I've had therapy, he was horrifically abused through his childhood, on a farm, isolated from society and of the mentality that is weak to seek help. He also has mental illness. I too forgave him and now I would do anything for him and I am a fierce protector of his as he is a lost soul and suffers with the memories and harm that was done to him. I choose to love him and be his supporter while not allowing any old manipulations that he only knows how to do still. He is 80 now.

My dreams were that my Dad was about to go into one of his rages and the tension and anger he was starting to display would then turn into this spinning black hole in the ceiling and I would be paralyzed on my back watching it grow and the evil that was growing larger and larger in the ceiling was so evil I can't even describe it. I could not move, I could not think. The black force would come closer and closer until it was at my face and I could only register the terror in my head. And from the age of a little kid, and we didn't go to church (maybe once in a while where we drew pictures and sang happy Jesus songs) I knew to call on the name of Jesus. But, as much as I tried I could not focus on the name or get the name out. Eventually, I would be able to just minimally open my mouth but the name wouldn't come out, then when words would start to form they took forever and the name would not form, but THEN the name would erupt from my lips (in my dream) and the second I got the name out the evil would start to lesson and then be gone. I would wake up absolutely terrified and still feel the evil.

These events have carried on for 50 years. Four years ago I learned who I am in Jesus. I have learned that I have the authority to rebuke such evil, that they have been defeated. The dreams still tried but now the name of Jesus would be easier. And finally, it got to the point where the evil presence would start but I knew in my dream that they are defeated and I would only have to think of the name and it would leave. I do believe they are demonic.

You let me know if you continue to have such dreams and I will be here to help you.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I’ve had some pretty terrible dreams that woke me up. These dreams usually piss me off. Sometimes, I am able to go back to sleep and go right back into the same dream. Once there, I go to the point of the bad stuff that happened and prevent it. One dream I had, I was in a community college in class. The room was divided in the middle for a walk way to the professor’s podium. Opposite of that was the door to the room. We were waiting for the professor to come in, but instead two mean with long coats walked in. They walked up to his podium, turned around, and open fire with sub machine guns. That’s where I woke up. When I went back into it, I waited for them to walk up to the podium. Before they turned around, I did some Jedi stuff and force pushed them through the wall. Pretty much they was nothing but mince meat. When I woke back up, I had one hell of a headache.

new topics

top topics

join