It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Control over the government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Alright, this may be a stupid question but, who controls the government? I mean, who actually gives the orders for people to carry out? I know that its not just one person, but i have no idea.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It's supposed to be "WE THE PEOPLE", but you'd never know it.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I take it you mean the American Government, and it is certainly clear that the people are not controlling it. In two words, Big Business is running things. There are several groups each with their own agenda.

Currently, Big Oil owns the White House, which you probably already knew. The Bush administration wanted to invaded Iraq to secure oil for the future and make alot of money with no bid contracts for Halliburton. I believe this would have happened, even without 9-11. They had plans to go in, even before Bush was elected. Read the book Against All Enemies, by Richard Clarke who was the Terrorist Czar and was assistant to 4 presidents, but had to resign when pushed out by Bush and Cheney.

The Pharmaceutical Industry also has been getting their way in Washington. They make contributions to the FAA, so they can get new drugs to market sooner. If this isn't a conflict of interest, I don't know what is.

Tobacco companies and the NRA are very powerful also through lobbyist.

And this is just scratching the surface. Politicians recieve money through campaign contributions from buisnesses who expect favors in return. Only through Campaign Finance Reform will this change. But all the politicians benefit, so they do nothing about it.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightOwl02
Alright, this may be a stupid question but, who controls the government? I mean, who actually gives the orders for people to carry out? I know that its not just one person, but i have no idea.

The NWO

new topics

top topics

join