It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Few signs of progress in hunt for bin Laden

page: 1

join
share:
SMR

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
WASHINGTON -
More than three years after President Bush declared his intention to capture Osama bin Laden "dead or alive," the terrorist chieftain remains free to taunt his pursuers and plan more attacks.

Bush offered assurances Thursday that the search is still on, but there are few signs of progress in the hunt for America's most wanted fugitive. A $25 million bounty, an international ad campaign seeking tips and the deployment of thousands of troops have failed to flush out the man behind the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

In the latest reminder of bin Laden's status as a terrorist on the loose, the federal Homeland Security Department warned state security officials last weekend that intelligence reports indicate that bin Laden has urged Abu Musab al Zarqawi, the top al-Qaida operative in Iraq, to plan attacks in the United States.

"We're on a constant hunt for bin Laden," the president said at a swearing-in ceremony for Michael Chertoff, the new head of the Homeland Security Department. "We're keeping the pressure on him, keeping him in hiding." As for al-Qaida, Bush said: "Stopping them is the greatest challenge of our day."

Bush said he remained confident that bin Laden would be captured eventually.

Doesnt sound like priority #1 does it

Looks like he is being put on the backburner and if he gets caught,good,if not,,,someday maybe

Sneaky little mouse isnt he.

Forgot source.... here

[edit on 3-3-2005 by SMR]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Bush also said a year ago that Bin Ladin wasnt one of his priorities.(im paraphrasing, of course)

Talk about flip flop psycho

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I can see why we have problems finding OBL going by the info below..

Afghanistan? That’s where Al Qaida, in the years leading up to the terrorist attack of 9/11, were protected and trained. That’s where, with international backing, we fought our first “war against terrorism” and promised the Afghans security and help in constructing a safe and independent, democratic nation.

Instead, the Bush administration abandoned Afghanistan for its great adventure in Iraq. There are 140,000 American troops in Iraq; only 20,000 in Afghanistan

This was back in July, but how do you commit 20,000 troops to the number 1 target in the middle east??

www.commondreams.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Bin-Ladden was just an excused for the Bush administration to get in the middle east a invade Iraq, Afghanistan was just a steeping stone.

The profits of 9/11 is clear in the various department of defense contracts specially the Haliburton and the investors firm the Carlyle group.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I agree with all of the above, and that article posted by Supafly is right on.

One thing that was not mentioned is that American forces had Bin Ladden cornered in Tora Bora and was allowed to escape because Bush ordered troops and equipment to Iraq in Febuary of 2003, before the war started in Iraq. This was stated by General Tommy Franks, and he said it was very frustrating, but then turns around and supports Bush in the election. Franks said he felt the country would be safer with George Bush as president. Still havn't figured that one out.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Nothing with the Bush administration is supposed to make any sense, dont you know?

I look forward to 2008 with bated breath.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I found this AP photo taken in Kashmir last week while I was looking for some snow-pictures. I think that guy on the bike look alot like Bin Laden, doesn´t he?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Yes, right height, weight, call the authorities. I knew we'd bag him eventually.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
No way their gonna catch him on that bike.

Pretty crazy riding a bike in the snow, the guys in the truck are laughing their as's off.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
LOL That's not Bin Laden, not a bad likeness though. Maybe he can get a job riding in a black mercedes across the desert day and night, waiting to get hit with a missle. I hear that pays real well. I've been growing my beard out...

Seriously though, we haven't found him because he's the BOOGEYMAN! When you were a kid, and the boogey man was in your room, what happened when you opened the closet? What happened when you looked under the bed? The boogeyman dissapears into the shadows just before you see him, every time..he's a sneaky bastard like that. He lives to terrorize another day. Likely still in the employ of elements of the CIA...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne He lives to terrorize another day.

This is true, a couple of things I've learned about tribal warfare in the Middle East is:

1) They change sides depending on the climate. They do whatever it takes to survive.

2) They will continue with their plans after waiting years, after everyone else has lost interest. No doubt Bin Ladden will set up camps somewhere else and continue to reek havoc if we don't get him.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Ah yes, the boogieman...I remember him well..

And now that i'm all grown up, i must fear the boogieman again. Serves the purpose, though. He's the backdrop to this war on terror *

Be afraid...be very afraid...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
DIDN'T YOU HEAR?!?!

One of the top guys in the CIA (I think, pretty drunk now) said that Bin Laden was no longer a threat. He said that there's no point in trying to catch him now. Sounds fishy?? Of course!!

Look, people, Bin Laden aka Tim Osmond was not behind 9/11. He is a CIA asset, though, and they aren't trying to catch him. Like someone else said, they had him at Tora Bora. They have had PLENTY of opportunities to catch him and his cronies, but every time someone has them, black helicopters fly him and Al-CIAda away. Now why is that...

SMR

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Political scapegoat comes to mind.
"Hey Osama dude,can you make us another tape,thanks"
"Maybe this time use a nice mountain backdrop would ya!" "Thanks"

Osama will never be in US custody,ever.Years will go by and the hope is he is forgotten.That is unless he is needed for another political edge.

The truth may be that he is sitting in a lavish setting sipping on Cristal,all paid by us of course.

top topics

join