It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says Japan doesn't need to help us

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Japan learned the hard way. Do not ever, interfere in a Chinese civil war unless you really have to go in. You don't know what could be right.
edit on 26-6-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Praetorius
Granted, the military restrictions put on Japan after WWII kind of make things hard for them to assist us in the case of military hostilities in the first place...but whatever, Trump likely isn't aware of that, meetings with Abe or no.

Regardless.. well and good being willing to stand on our own two feet.

I think Japs are trying to be neutral gain. Anyways Japan will never be able to assist US anyways because all the brainwash race war morons thinks every Asians are less superior and thinks they will takeover the country.
edit on 26-6-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

No, I don't think any of those three countries are going to jeopardize what they've got going on.

But historically, there has been little love lost between those three countries. That has mellowed a lot over the past half a century--especially as concerns Japan and (South) Korea. That is due, imho, in no small part to their close alliance with the United States.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: JAGStorm

Japan's Constitution forbade them from having a military. It is something they are looking at changing. They can only have a defensive force and are not allowed to have an offensive military.

Maybe that is true, but the secret is out. People here in Japan want protection from any type of invasion and the Japanese National Defense Force is a very highly trained force of war and peace and national disasters that may occur at any time. The people here rely on them as much as people rely on food stamps in the States and this is not an understatement either.
In the States you get looters, here you get the military to take control. Seems to be a better solution. The foreigners here would loot also, but dare not too. Don't mess with JNDF these are so tough motherfkers.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Soon their Constitution will be changed I believe. My opinion.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

What are you even talking about?

The US and Japan have cooperated militarily for years now, and would as necessary should the time come.

...and "Japs", really?

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Trump says Japan doesn't need to help us

They dont.
But they would.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Archivalist

...and their military is nothing to sneeze at either, to be quite fair.

Top of the line, all across the board.

Still useless against Godzilla, though.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Well , they Could by Bombing San Francisco for Instance .....Hmm........

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Soon their Constitution will be changed I believe. My opinion.

You think its that simple to change a constitution?

wiki

Amendments and revisions.
The Constitution has not been amended since its enactment in 1947. Article 96 provides that amendments can be made to the Constitution if approved by super majority of two-thirds of both houses of the Diet, and by simple majority in a referendum.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Praetorius
Granted, the military restrictions put on Japan after WWII kind of make things hard for them to assist us in the case of military hostilities in the first place...but whatever, Trump likely isn't aware of that, meetings with Abe or no.

Regardless.. well and good being willing to stand on our own two feet.

You missed the 2015 Japanese military legislation, which will allow the military to be deployed overseas.

The changes would allow Japanese troops to fight abroad for the first time since World War Two.

Japan to allow military role overseas in historic move

Japan's parliament has voted to allow the military to fight overseas for the first time since the end of World War Two 70 years ago.

Mr Abe's government has pushed for security legislation that would allow Japan's military to mobilise overseas when these three conditions are met:

when Japan is attacked, or when a close ally is attacked, and the result threatens Japan's survival and poses a clear danger to people
when there is no other appropriate means available to repel the attack and ensure Japan's survival and protect its people
use of force is restricted to a necessary minimum

Japan would be able to provide logistical support to South Korea if the North invaded, though Mr Abe has said it would still be against the constitution to send Japanese troops to fight on Korean soil.

And so on and so forth...

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

That means nothing when you have racism in the country. You don't see a Japanese military base in US do you? It has always been the other way around.
edit on 4-7-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Well, that lack might have a little somethin' somethin' to do with the outcome of WWII.

At that time, Japan had several bases on US territory. In Alaska, Attu and Kiska, though the why of that remains a mystery to me...miserable little islands at the best of times. Being a garrison troop there couldn't have been much in the way of fun, or even tolerable...

Wake Island. Guam. All captured during the first 6 months of the war, taken away later.

...racism? There's always been racism. Japan was notorious for it, and the US wasn't exactly innocent in that regard, either...

I suppose it's still around. But I doubt it'll stop the military's of either country from cooperating as necessary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join