It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reddit Joins The Censorship Game: Quarantines Popular Donald Trump Sub

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Well said!!

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

If we did what that guy wants, everyone would be standing around with their thumbs up their butt not discussing anything, ever.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I see you're well read enough to have missed the direct Nineteen Eighty Four reference. Had it been penned by Rowling, E.L. James, Meyer or one of the other great masters, you'd have no doubt caught the reference.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Of course they've said it before. Great, they've got all the bases covered it seems. Oh well, the propaganda will continue to be eaten up regardless. People are addicted to the drama. Why else do you think reality TV became so popular? The media has taken advantage of that addiction.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Exactly what happened with me. Lifelong democrat until the Meltdown. The Kavanaugh hearings were, as they say, the final, final last straw.

I dearly hoped someone of some standing would actually take a stand against the madness...but, nope. Madness reigns, and by all appearances will continue to do so.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

The adults are still talking, please wait your turn.

Start acting like adults instead of high school gossip queens then.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Get on topic or leave.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Stop making the topic about me and maybe we could stay on topic? That seems to happen a lot when I decide to participate in a thread. I speak my mind then 10 people come at me talking about me instead of what I said.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Lol.

You went from,

"Point me to where CNN has ever said that. Are you delusional? Probably. Prove me wrong."

To,

"Of course they've said it before"

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I see you're well read enough to have missed the direct Nineteen Eighty Four reference. Had it been penned by Rowling, E.L. James, Meyer or one of the other great masters, you'd have no doubt caught the reference.

No, I caught the references, and to an extent I agree.

I called out someone celebrating this censorship, that's f##ed up. But I'm more concerned with corporate spending on politics more than corporations deciding what their platform delivers. I've always agreed MSM is sensationalized pundit garbage that clearly pushes agendas, so this is nothing new.

Our rights have been under attack by both parties "representing" us for some time while corporations line their pockets. But the final straw for me isn't that they're limiting discourse on their platforms just like this one (ATS) does in certain ways... The final straw was a long time ago for me. I can't count how many times I've been called un-American, un-Patriotic, ect (from both sides)... Yet this issue is what wakes people up? Really?

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Here's your original post in this thread. You've never been on topic once here.

If ATS is any indication of what Trump's base is like then it is just as bad as the left, just as intolerant and prejudiced. If you don't think so then you're suffering from the same delusion those loony leftists are suffering from: an inability to self-reflect. There is no "good side" in Washington, but it is funny how they have convinced you otherwise.

What does that have to do with reddit quarantining the_donald? Or banning links to bitchute?

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Because I don't watch CNN, I wouldn't know what they say. Like I said, their propaganda is pretty fine-tuned at this point, they've had decades of practice.

I bet you won't see CNN calling itself propaganda and part of the charade.

Thanks for showing up though Mr. President of my fan club.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

And yet you had the confidence and arrogance to call somebody else delusional for it.

Turns out they were right and you had to eat a slice of humble pie.

How's it taste?

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This is getting kinda scary you guys.

The subreddit WAS ALREADY sectioned off from other subs, it was a SUBREDDIT!

I've never ONCE read even an anti-police POST in that sub.

Things are getting out of hand and we have to stop these mothersucking communists NOW.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

So sorry.

Reddit is a privately owned company, it can ban and refuse service to anyone it so pleases, kind of how a bakery can refuse to bake a gay wedding cake and would have every right to do so. It is their business, much like ATS can ban certain members for certain behavior, so can Reddit. This particular subreddit is not the first nor will it be the last one that is quarantined or deleted. You guys seem to want to ignore that little detail. Where was the outrage when those other subreddits were banned? Is it only because you identify so much with a politician (identity politics) that any perceived slight is used to feed your persecution complex? Because that's what it seems like.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
When Trannies are allowed into elementary schools to read books to children but you cannot have an online forum to support the

President of the United States

it is time to stop the bus, get off, and let it go over the cliff.

This is ridiculous. Someone else in the thread hit the nail on the head as far as 'free' coverage for DJT but that will backfire also because once the tech is taken away people will start to talk to others and a real 'awakening' will begin.

So, will ISP's go after 4chan next?

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

I wonder when the next Donald Trump forum will pop up? It seems all the mods accomplished was creating a vacuum for a discussion some people crave. In the end, people will talk about it on another forum or another platform. Seems like a lose lose situation for Reddit.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reddit is gonna get rekt after this, same with google, pinterest and all these other fascist websites.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

And yet you had the confidence and arrogance to call somebody else delusional for it.

Turns out they were right and you had to eat a slice of humble pie.

How's it taste?

I make a really good humble pie, so it probably tasted great.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I don't mind humble pie, I'll eat it all day as long as I learn from it. And I do.

Where do you see CNN saying that they are part of the propaganda? That was my main point overall, the reality TV aspect was but an example. CNN throws out the bait and you guys eat it up. It brings in the views, why else do I see so many self-professed Trump supporters saying they watch CNN? ATS members are so in-tune with the media and the narrative they're spinning that it makes me wonder how ATS can so hypocritically scream at the sky about them all the time.
edit on 6/26/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join