It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reddit Joins The Censorship Game: Quarantines Popular Donald Trump Sub

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The absolute imbeciles of the far left apparently thought Orwell was writing a manual on how to achieve their goals. For the world to survive this foolishness, at some point we may have to kill this ideology with fire.

Pot, meet kettle... Kettle, pot.

Face, meet boot.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Please feel free to qualify this statement.

There is no right. It's the left and literally everyone else.

The left has institutional and governmental support, international reach, the entire media apparatus, control of so much of the internet's traffic that they can get away with things like "deplatforming" and therefore election-hacking as shown in the Veritas video.

They also have street enforcers. Like the ones in my recent thread about UT-Austin freshmen being threatened on their way in with doxxing for daring to join a conservative club. Regular fake hate crimes like the bull# Smollet pulled. The smearing of underaged kids on national television like the Covington kids.

It's actually amazing to me that people think there's a balance here. There isn't. Not at all.
edit on 26 6 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: Dfairlite

Not because they support the vile behavior and corruption of clinton, but because they simply don't know how vile and corrupt she is.

And isn't that really THE most important point? The fact that she ignored, as secretary of state, a massive pedophile scandal in 2011 and yet came up smelling of roses enough to become a presidential candidate,,,and they still love her.

I mean, are we even discussing this still?

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Lumenari

~Yawn~

Just copy this and paste it for your next 200 replies. 

I'm a conservative and everything in politics is bad!!!! 

Except Trump... he's REALLY good!!!

At least then we wouldn't have to keep reading the "liberals bad, orange man good" posts that you are infamous for around here.

I was a Democrat until the left lost their collective minds in 2016.

Social liberal, fiscal conservative.

I didn't leave the party... the party left reality and I had to stay because... reality.

But again, keep posting the Clown World viewpoint while pointing out that you're not a part of it.

It's a good look for you.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The absolute imbeciles of the far left apparently thought Orwell was writing a manual on how to achieve their goals. For the world to survive this foolishness, at some point we may have to kill this ideology with fire.

Face, meet boot.

Internet boots hurt the worse

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

How can he?

Lets see, we have the following MSM channels CONSTANTLY spewing hateful rhetoric and spreading lies on anything Trump, or his administration does: ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC and PBS.

In addition, we have social media and network companies now censoring (or banning) conservative speech: GOOGLE, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and now Reddit.

Yet this poster claims "the media intentionally polarizes people with their constant negative coverage," without acknowledging how freakin' one sided the coverage is. Which is probably the reason why so many people are being "brainwashed" by the constant misinformation on MSM.

Yet, once again this poster claims that Conservatives are "just as intolerant and prejudiced as those you constantly complain about," even though the bias is overwhelmingly one sided on both Social media and MSM, which obviously includes the so-called journalists who do the reporting. If someone can't see that, then they're either ignorant, or a die hard Leftist who hates Trump.

Media Bias: Pretty Much All Of Journalism Now Leans Left, Study Shows

Researchers from Arizona State University and Texas A&M University questioned 462 financial journalists around the country. They followed up with 18 additional interviews. The journalists worked for the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, Washington Post, Associated Press and a number of other newspapers.

What they found surprised them. Even the supposedly hard-nosed financial reporters were overwhelmingly liberal. Of the 462 people surveyed, 17.63% called themselves "very liberal," while 40.84% described themselves as "somewhat liberal."

What about the mythic "conservative" financial journalist? In fact, a mere 0.46% of financial journalists called themselves "very conservative," while just 3.94% said they were "somewhat conservative." That's a whopping 4.4% of the total that lean right-of-center. That's a ratio of 13 "liberals" for every one "conservative." Whatever happened to ideological diversity?

www.investors.com...

edit on 6/26/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Please feel free to qualify this statement.

I figured saying that the leftist ideology should be destroyed with fire is pretty much the tactic they are using, hence my comment. Do many leftists agree with this approach (corporate censorship of opponents)? Sure, do I think we should "destroy" their ideology, sure, by proving it wrong (not with "fire")... But that's not hard.

It's actually amazing to me that people think there's a balance here. There isn't. Not at all.

I can agree with that, but honestly that imbalance is what got the right all the seats in 2016. It's the biggest driving force for the right that they are attacked on so many levels.
edit on 26-6-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
If it was about regulating “calls for violence” or “incitement”, they would punish the perpetrators and not the whole sub and it’s users. This is about political persecution and censorship.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePolemicist
If it was about regulating “calls for violence” or “incitement”, they would punish the perpetrators and not the whole sub and it’s users. This is about political persecution and censorship.

I wish I knew what your point was.

I'm going to leave this here, my apologies, I misunderstood your point.

edit on 26-6-2019 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Just calling it how it is my friend. You guys are so prejudiced, just as prejudiced as those loony leftists. Anything to win a political point. You've become what you claim to hate and I find that very ironic and sad.

edit on 6/26/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You've said nothing I do not agree with.

While the pendulum argument is valid with regard to political swings, this swing is long and wild and extremely frightening.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Yes, it seems you have left one plantation and replaced it with the other one next door. Same tactics and hypocrisy just in the opposite direction.
edit on 6/26/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

is this the one where they call each other "Fren" as code speak?

if so, it needed shut down.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Point me to where CNN has ever said that. Are you delusional? Probably. Prove me wrong.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

This one is a win for both sides IMO. The left feels like they won a battle, the right feels vindicated on trends that have been happening and many of us have seen.

The left really needs to focus on their platform rather than trying to weaken their opposition, the right just needs to keep their focus and they'll continue to win.

I'm scared of both sides and what they're willing to do with freedoms, and have been since the Patriot Act that passed 99-1. After that there is a slue of instances where the government oversteps boundaries and both side's representatives mostly silent or in support of it. Both sides worry me.

As for Reddit and social media as a whole, Citizens United let that cat out of the bag. Allowing them to spend unlimited money to promote political interests while stating it was freedom of speech. If they can buy elections, what's to stop them from saying their platform is their lawn, they can plant whoever's campaign sign they want in it.

The two parties have been dulling for equity, not equality. Again, just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: richapau

You really don't see the irony in that statement, do you??

Carry on.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Point me to where CNN has ever said that. Are you delusional? Probably. Prove me wrong.

This took about 5 seconds to find.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Yes, it seems you have left one plantation and replaced it with the one next door. Same tactics and hypocrisy just in the opposite direction.

Guess you missed the point where one direction is less governmental control and the other is more governmental control.

Kinda fitting that you frame the argument in plantations though... shows how you think.

You can take this as a big win and run a victory lap that I'm not going to respond to your posts anymore.

It's a win for me as well because you have nothing to post that I can learn from so you're not really useful.

Have a nice day and see you on your next meltdown when you can finally be entertaining again.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Don't worry, you're not the first (and definitely won't be the last) to get bored of his schtick after just a couple pages of "back and forth" (if you can call it that).

Look, he's better than you because he thinks so and he's got it all figured out and the rest of us are dumb pawns who can't see how brilliant he is. See, any actual thought you put into an issue is just a waste of your time. You could be telling people how discussing issues is part of the master plan to polarize you and... idk.... something. He never quite gets that far.
edit on 26-6-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The adults are still talking, please wait your turn.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join