It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reddit Joins The Censorship Game: Quarantines Popular Donald Trump Sub

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Good. That place is absolute garbage. Incel breeding grounds, at best.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Keep cheering on that corporate censorship.

I can tell you've never participated in The_Donald.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I certainly did. As a troll, much like here. I watch Trump worship because it's fascinating, not unlike watching animals at the zoo. It's not corporate censorship, its the free market
As an American company, they're practicing their freedom to do this.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

its the free market As an American company, they're practicing their freedom to do this.

That's a weak-ass argument for censorship.

Go burn a book.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Reddit confirms $300M Series D led by China’s Tencent at $3B value-Archived story

The deal makes for an odd pairing between one of the architects of China’s Great Firewall of censorship and one of America’s most lawless free-speech forums. Some Redditors are already protesting the funding by trying to post content that would rile Chinese’s internet watchdogs, like imagery from Tiananmen Square and Winnie the Pooh memes mocking Chinese President Xi Jinping’s appearance.

Instead, they shut down The_Donald.

Yeah, no censorship there.

The left gave up on America long ago.
edit on 27 6 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Reddit confirms $300M Series D led by China’s Tencent at $3B value-Archived story

The deal makes for an odd pairing between one of the architects of China’s Great Firewall of censorship and one of America’s most lawless free-speech forums. Some Redditors are already protesting the funding by trying to post content that would rile Chinese’s internet watchdogs, like imagery from Tiananmen Square and Winnie the Pooh memes mocking Chinese President Xi Jinping’s appearance.

Instead, they shut down The_Donald.

Yeah, no censorship there.

The left gave up on America long ago.

LOL! Reddit is now the left??????

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Yes, very much so.

Considering their political bias is on display. If you'd spend less time trolling and more time gathering information you might actually see the bias and censorship for what it is.

Some news for ya; this isn't good for the left either but they're too damned stupid to know it.

edit on 27 6 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
So basically the left could post hateful comments and get pages shut down

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

In the lead-up to this there was a concerted brigading effort by people on reddit.

They show up, post some nasty crap. Get kicked out, but in the mean time the sub gets reported.
edit on 28 6 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Interesting, when searching for the sub on Bing I get the sub as the first result. When searching via Google, I can't find it at all, only the news articles talking about how it was quarantined. Not obvious at all there Google...

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Have you been on reddit lately?

Try posting anything pro trump and see how quickly you are down voted into oblivion.

That site is 100% left wing and this just proves how in the pocket of the DNA they really are.

They do have beautiful women doing cosplay though so I'm going to keep checking it out!

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scepticaldem

Have you been on reddit lately?

Try posting anything pro trump and see how quickly you are down voted into oblivion.

That site is 100% left wing and this just proves how in the pocket of the DNc they really are.

They do have beautiful women doing cosplay though so I'm going to keep checking it out!
edit on 28-6-2019 by Scepticaldem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

I certainly did. As a troll, much like here. I watch Trump worship because it's fascinating, not unlike watching animals at the zoo. It's not corporate censorship, its the free market
As an American company, they're practicing their freedom to do this.

Unless they are curators of content, then the landscape changes.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: fencesitter85

The purpose of the subreddit was to be pro-trump. Certainly you can understand why people not doing that were banned, right? Head on over to r/christianity and post a bunch of atheist garbage or vice versa. Or go to r/democrats and post pro trump stuff. Watch what happens.

The sub itself needn't adhere to free speech. The platform does.

Lovely example of people who despise the first amendment, much like little donnie. God forbid all their fake news and hate speech gets called out.

If you can't see the problem with pro ANYTHING banning all discussion to the contrary, then you're part of the problem. Go live in China.

It's called censorship, and you lot are in here whining about it.

Babies.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Posting anything pro trump will get you a ban on most subreddits or total karma destruction, which is a ban for all intents and purposes as you will be limited to one post per day afterwards.

Thats true especially for r/politics which is extreme left.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

So we should just allow people to run up on the stage at the democrat debates and take over? Do you actually think there should be no place for like minded people to get together and talk about the things they like? They should always be forced to have guests who disagree?

The sub bills itself as a 24/7 donald trump rally. Not some arbiter of free speech. Reddit as a whole though, does bill itself as a bastion of free speech. Or, at least, they used to.

It sounds to me like you tried to do some trolling there and got deported and can't let your butt hurt go. But I could be wrong. Maybe you're just slow.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: snarfbot

Yes, they need to change the name of that sub to r/leftpolitics

politics should be a viewpoint neutral forum.
edit on 28-6-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

It's called censorship, and you lot are in here whining about it.

What is the stated purpose of the existence of The_Donald?

Is it to hear your bitching about Trump? Is it to hear trainwreck globalist policies? No. The stated purpose of The_Donald is this:

The_Donald is a never-ending rally dedicated to the 45th President of the United States, Donald J. Trump.

That is a quote taken directly from the description of The_Donald. Why should they have to cater to your capricious demands while being held to a COMPLETELY different set of standards than ANY other sub on Reddit?

The_Donald has been effectively quarantined for a long time. However, Reddit and the Chinese that fund them finally decided to get back at Trump and censor the largest gathering of Trump supporters anywhere on the internet. Why are we not allowed to have a space that is ours when even the most disgusting subs exist with impunity and ZERO censorship?

Did you know The_Donald is the only place on Reddit to access the Donald J. Trump AMA? That AMA is now a matter of national record. Twitter has now begun to censor the President. Why are you ok with this?

Why are you trying to point the finger at Trump supporters when we aren't the ones in control here? We don't own Reddit. We did, like everyone else on Reddit, make space for ourselves on Reddit. Why is that wrong? Why is it ok to censor an ENTIRE FORUM?

Am I required to allow anyone to enter my home and say what they want to me and my family? Why/Why not? You're oversimplifying a very complex and very real problem just to make yourself right. The_Donald is a sub-forum on a platform. That space is the only space it controls (At least it used to. They've taken mod powers away so they couldn't enforce rules) and it has a right to remove disruptive trolls. Reddit, on the other hand, is a platform that holds all the keys.

What Reddit has done is to join the ranks of Google, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and others in becoming the corporate gatekeepers of who gets to participate in democracy.

You're cheering it on.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

The commie pinko's new trick is to call others commie pinko's... Now that I think about it, it's not a new trick. It's the same old washed up one they've been using forever.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
Interesting, when searching for the sub on Bing I get the sub as the first result. When searching via Google, I can't find it at all, only the news articles talking about how it was quarantined. Not obvious at all there Google...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join