It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reddit Joins The Censorship Game: Quarantines Popular Donald Trump Sub

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
We all know about google and the project veritas video. We know about youtube and their censorship of conservatives. We know about twitter and their crackdown on anyone on the right who gets a large enough audience. Well, now reddit is joining the fray. The admins have quarantined the popular subreddit The_Donald. This community boasts 750,000+ subscribers. It's one of the most popular subs on reddit.

So the question is why?
The timing is suspicious with the democrat debates coming up tonight and the project veritas statement that they have more insiders who are looking to expose their tech employers.

But here's the reason they gave: there are too many hateful violent posts that they have to remove because the mods in the_donald don't remove them. Here's the problem though, This is the list of posts removed by admins in the last 30 days. It's less than one per day. So that doesn't really make sense does it.

The effects of this are far reaching:

Quarantined communities will display a warning that requires users to explicitly opt-in to viewing the content. They generate no revenue, do not appear in non-subscription-based feeds (eg Popular), and are not included in search or recommendations. Reddit may also enforce a number of additional product restrictions that exist currently or as they may develop in the future (eg removing custom styling tools).

UPDATE: They have also banned all links to bitchute (alternate to youtube)
edit on 26-6-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This has been true for a while.

Eventually The_Donald will be banned altogether.

I'll quit reddit when that happens.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Oh, but it's official now. Go there.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I'm subscribed and I can't see it at all.

Looks like they actually banned it.

Looks like I'm done with Reddit.
edit on 26 6 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

You have to manually go to it. Then you're greeted with a warning about its content.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Sorta on topic and probably the reason....

The Trump rally in Orlando recently had a MASSIVE amount of press and cameras in attendance... so many that Trump even commented on it.

Yes when it came to actual footage of the event?

Not really covered.

Live coverage by the MSM?

Only Fox... CNN aired it until the crowd started chanting "CNN sucks" then they panned away and went to a panel.

I and others think that the media has figured out that one of their biggest mistakes in 2016 was their constant coverage of Trump.

So we think that the 2020 election cycle is going to be a lot LESS coverage of Trump... less on the MSM, less on social media, less on google, etc.

The left has made their own reality at this point... Clown World.

Now they are going to circle the wagons, close the echo chambers and shutter their bubbles.

After all, what other choice do they have?

Good catch on the Reddit quarantine and it'd going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

S&F....

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Bunch of book burning leftist douchebags.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

We all know that Reddit has been ruining what it actually became for a while.

Amy conspiracy is not even shown on the main page. I mean literally nothing is available there.

I still use it because I use specific subreds that although they don't make it to the main page still pop up for me because I am in it.

Bizarre how they do it, they let you sub to a place, then just drop it from your feed UNLESS you are subbed. There are some absolute skank subs as well.

link   

I can't access it from the App at all. Had to follow your link to access it.

link   

Good. This buffoon deserves only scorn, ridicule, and censorship. You supporters are as vile as he is.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

Good. This buffoon deserves only scorn, ridicule, and censorship. You supporters are as vile as he is.

K, thanks for playing.

True colors playing in the distance...

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

It's sad really. The news covered him with the biggest slant they could achieve. They flat out lied and misrepresented him and his positions at every turn. It hasn't worked. His approval is gaining ground. His popularity is getting bigger. All while their influence is getting smaller.

Basically: If they don't get to make the news, they're not going to cover it either.

+12 more 
link   

The loving tolerant left speaks.

Gonna be a long 6 years for you!

link   

I wonder if that's part of their quarantine rules. Apps aren't allowed to access it. Have to actually go to it in a browser.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

That doesn't sound too American to me.

You must not like freedom.

If Trump can't be defeated the right way, don't tear up the country trying to do so please.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

What are you talking about?

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Could be.

Banning T_D is the next step.

They've already made it invisible. The users of T_D are about to tear the rest of the site up with red pill bombs.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Yep, a deluge of reporting all of the actual calls to violence in other subs, sprinkled with red pills like you said. Reddit just bit off more than they can chew.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Could be.

Banning T_D is the next step.

They've already made it invisible. The users of T_D are about to tear the rest of the site up with red pill bombs.

Problem is they will get banished, resort to VOAT, and be forever reduced to white supremacist users. It's almost obvious.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

They're not going anywhere. The plan is to invade other subs. VPN's and throw away accounts will be the order of the day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join