It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Can't make this up) CBS 60Mins finally learned rifles more powerful than pistols

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Breakthestreak

With his racist logic we have to ban white men because white men = mass shooting.

How can you deny the facts? I am not making this up...the usual suspects...

The shooters’ identities are also consistent with the overall American trend: Mass shootings are nearly exclusively perpetrated by men, the vast majority of whom are white.

qz.com...

It’s called ‘demographic’

More white men live here. So we would expect to see that.
But what about the non-white crime rate? Crickets.

Also, who told you an AR15 is an automatic weapon? It’s a small caliber semi auto

A child’s gun

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

With his racist logic we have to ban white men because white men = mass shooting.

The shooters’ identities are also consistent with the overall American trend: Mass shootings are nearly exclusively perpetrated by men, the vast majority of whom are white.

qz.com...

Also, who told you an AR15 is an automatic weapon? It’s a small caliber semi auto

A child’s gun

It is still an automatic and the gun of choice for mass shootings. No denying that fact. Anyway, nobody will be taking away any of your toys for the time being.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
“How can you deny statistics”

Pretty sure the official leftist standpoint is that statistics are racist.

12% of the population commits 93% of the crime. And that’s not ‘evil white people’.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

qz.com...

A child’s gun

It is still an automatic and the gun of choice for mass shootings. No denying that fact. Anyway, nobody will be taking away any of your toys for the time being.

Not an automatic

But yes, it is a toy

And the ‘time being’ is ‘forever’

Shall not be infringed. Regardless of left wing fascism, your weak leaders will never have the ability to ‘take’ guns away

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

12% of the population commits 93% of the crime. And that’s not ‘evil white people’.

The majority of mass shootings are perpetrated by white men...the facts are the facts. Why deny it? Very odd behaviour on this thread to deny the truth. Anyway, I will leave you all with your feelz good alternate facts.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Automatic. I don’t think that word means what you think it means.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

The majority of mass shootings are perpetrated by white men...the facts are the facts. Why deny it? Very odd behaviour on this thread to deny the truth. Anyway, I will leave you all with your feelz good alternate facts.

Nobody denied it

Can’t you read?

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: InTheLight

Yup. It's my go to for both homicidal rampages and for opening beer bottles.

There is no denial that the AR-15 is the firearm of choice for mass shootings and not much else.

www.cbsnews.com...

Your delusional ignorance is staggering...omfg.

Yes, there is a huge denial, if one uses FACTS and not emotional. Seriously how f'n dumb can some of you be? Honestly, I want to know how dumb...

Just stop, stop posting such bs especially when its not even supported with facts and sources.

Your statement is blistering with stupidity.

More people are stabbed to death every year than are murdered with rifles.

Most gun-related crimes are carried out with illegally owned firearms—as much as 80 percent according to some estimates.

Concealed carry permit holders are not the problem, but they may be part of the solution.

America is relatively safe, and the trend is toward becoming safer.

According to the National Crime Victimization Survey, violent crime has been declining steadily since the early 1990s.

"Facts" don't take sides or lie, like you do
/ex]

According To The FBI, Knives Kill Far More People Than Rifles In America ...
Feb 19, 2018

According to the FBI, 1,604 people were killed by “knives and cutting instruments” and 374 were killed by “rifles” in 2016.

more facts

Expanded Homicide Data Table 4
Murder Victims
by Weapon, 2012–2016

FBI Expanded Homicide Table

Now would you, and everyone like you, please take your self induced ignorance, go away and STFU forever. You will never know what you're talking about, obviously, people like you always post some easily disproved bs without ever trying to post sources.

You run your idiotic mouths pretending to be infallible and all knowing, when it's obviously the freaking opposite.

It gets old, it's getting really frustrating and to be honest, I have no recourse but to believe you and people like you are the reason shampoo needs directions and a do not ingest warning.

I pray for the day natural selection weeds every single moron out of our population, but alas I suspect today's bleeding heart liberal and Lefty Dem policies are to encourage such ignorance because a ignorant population make for a better herd of controlled sheeple.

Congratulations, every one who hold your ignorant opinion, are officially manipulated human cattle.

How does it feel to be a part of of the problem?

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Well it is obvious it depends on what your choice of fact finding material is...mine bends this way. And the topic is AR-15 in mass shooting mostly perpetrated by white males, not all killings. So changing and twisting the specific subject to validate insulting another member makes you part of the problem.

“There seems to be a pattern in these mass shootings that these shooters are choosing the lightest, easy-to-kill-people guns,” said Shira Goodman, executive director of the nonprofit gun control advocacy group CeaseFirePA, referring to the AR-15. “Why are we still making them easy to buy?”

www.mcall.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

There is no denial that the AR-15 is the firearm of choice for mass shootings and not much else.

www.cbsnews.com...

Odd, I use mine for everything but mas shootings.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

Idiotic agenda journalism at it's finest. Not much we can do about it. I did send them an e-mail recommending that if their standards have fallen this low then it may be time to retire the show since they are already being seen as a joke.

Below is the address to send your own ideas for what their program should do.

audienceservices.cbs.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

www.cbsnews.com...

Odd, that the facts still state that it is the gun of choice for mass shootings.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Are you trying to claim that AR-15s turn normal people into mass shooters?

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Nice try - not really. Gun of choice for people who want to mass murder it appears from the facts.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Odd, that the facts still state that it is the gun of choice for mass shootings.

Now that you mention it I had the sudden urge to go on a murderous rampage, it must be my rifle talking to me.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Nice try - not really. Gun of choice for people who want to mass murder it appears from the facts.

Then are you trying to claim that without the AR-15 there wouldn't be mass shootings?

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Is that how you perceived the written article's message?

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I am just asking YOU questions. I am not going to assume what you believe.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

www.cbsnews.com...

False. Handguns are.

The country’s most popular type of firearm, 9mm semiautomatic handguns, are used by many law enforcement officers. They are generally light and inexpensive, easy to conceal and control, and they fire as quickly as a person can pull the trigger. The gunman who killed 32 students and teachers at Virginia Tech in 2007 used a 9mm semiautomatic Glock 19 (and a .22-caliber Walther P22, another popular caliber). In this data, 9mm semiautomatic handguns show up more than any other weapon.

WaPo

Here's another source.

When you get all your info from gun control groups, you're going to be misinformed. They have a documented history of straight up lying. They inflate the number of victims of "gun violence" by including terrorists shot by police. They inflate the school shooting numbers by including BB gun incidents and incidents that merely happened "near" schools.

You're getting lied to, and then spreading those lies. There are people here who can help you understand this issue better, if you're open-minded enough to listen to us.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join