It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUST IN: Apple Threatened to Kick Parler Off App Store Unless They Banned “Certain” Individuals

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

“They said if we don’t change our community guidelines to match what they’d like – they were going to remove us from the app store,” he said. “I was pretty upset by this.” 
So they were already approved and in the app store,
Hmm what did apple miss?

F apple

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I agree with you there. The government needs to keep it's nose out of the free market. And businesses have the freedom to follow their moral compasses. Just like that baker that didn't want to make wedding cake for that couple. Google, Apple and even ATS don't have to allow content that conflicts with their terms and conditions.

Also it's not like Parler couldn't go all web based mobile and not use a phone app at all. Getting kicked out of the Apple App Store isn't the end of the world for them. Hell this is advertising for them. I've never even heard of Parler before this.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

You'd have to be incredibly naive to think these mega social-platforms aka "independent businesses" aren't already being bought/payed/influenced by the government. You just don't simply become one of the most powerful and influential entities without them intervening in some way.

It's not a coincidence that they're all left leaning.

And to call these (Google, YouTube, Twitter, etc) just independent business is disengenous at best when you realize that they are just as, if not more powerful than any government. Name me a governing body that has instant access to a billion people globally?

It's funny, if these were instead all right-leaning, you guys would be screaming Hitler and fascism instead of hiding behind the free market. These aren't your bakers down the street.

I mean hell, you guys kind of already do.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
There might be a bright side to all this. Will “conservatives” make their own platform, for once? Or will they continue to allow themselves to get pushed right out of the public square?

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Typical conservative hypocrisy.

Your all for total capitalism until it allows progressive thinkers to use their own wealth and influence to freely spread their own ideology... Now you want the government to step in and shut it down.

So where were you when when a Baker didn't want to make a cake or a Florist didn't want to create a display?

I'll wait.
edit on 26-6-2019 by JIMC5499 because: typo

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

What they can't do is lie about it. Be honest, say what you are doing. The free market does not allow you to say it's an all beef patty when it's pork.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Is that even legal? Didn't microsoft get sued for something kinda similar?

Can't wait till they push serious laws against these bastard blood sucking companies.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
But ‘the Russians’ influenced the election

Yeah right

Oh we definitely know who's influencing the election this time....

I wonder.... If China imposes their will over Apple and Google and what not, thus influencing them to do things their way, would that be China interfering with this election?

Wouldn't that be something... Russia first, then China... Next election, Mexi.... oh wait!
edit on 26-6-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I do agree 100% that they should of been more transparent with the process.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

Your all for total capitalism until it allows progressive thinkers to use their own wealth and influence to freely spread their own ideology... Now you want the government to step in and shut it down.

I'll wait.

You can wait all you want mate, but it won't make a difference... I already said what I had to say.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Wrong they are immune to lawsuits due to laws granted to them. All we have to do is remove it and we can sue they to no end just like how capitalism should work.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I was laughing throughout this thread reading the hilariously well-written/thought-out replies to your & Strongfp's posts (of actual "mic drop quality") and couldn't wait to see your futile attempts at redeeming yourself... and finally you reply, and that's all you got? Disappointing but I suppose I have to admire your honesty in admitting to yourself that there really is nothing you can say in response.

Mic drop indeed, LOL!

edit on 27/6/19 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Yeah well, when people start ranting on about gay cakes... I kinda feel like all intellectual conversation is lost already.

A relevant rebuttal would just like pissing in the wind.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Free speach isn't allowed at big tech companies.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I havent heard of any capitalist that is okay with keeping ANY monopoly together no matter what the company is. So please point out your example of hypocriticism.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I am a big advocate of free enterprise.
a reply to: strongfp

So am I except when it becomes detrimental to the whole of society.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join