It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUST IN: Apple Threatened to Kick Parler Off App Store Unless They Banned “Certain” Individuals

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Big Brother deep state players are getting lots of attention today. So far we have proof that Google intends to engage in election interference to ensure a desired outcome is reached, and now we have Apple threatening to ban app creators unless they, in turn, silence conservative voices.

Correct, I said conservative*

Matze said Apple did not say which kinds of individuals should be banned. However, Parler currently hosts accounts by Laura Loomer and Alex Jones.

“They said if we don’t change our community guidelines to match what they’d like – they were going to remove us from the app store,” he said. “I was pretty upset by this.”

Matze said Parler flat-out refused to comply with Apple’s demands and now they are unable to push updates to their app.

Later that evening Matze shared the contents of the conversation with a number of congressional lawmakers. Within 48 hours of that dinner meeting, the notice was removed from the account.

“I think it’s political and I think it’s bigoted,” he told me. “They don’t want conservatives communicating freely on a platform with people they like.”

“Apple, Google, Facebook — all these companies don’t want them to exist,” he said. “They want to use it to control politics,” Matze said.

Todd Starnes

Imagine if Facebook or google or Apple or twitter ever get access to and control of your cyber-finances and the only way to get those 'privileges' back is to pledge allegiance to their intolerant and deceptive agenda??

These corporations are scum, their management is scum, their policies are scum and authoritarian marxism should be met with total disdain and laws enacted that prevent such filth from ever seeing the light of day.

Break these tech giants up and bring them to heel, their overt disdain for conservatism, and by association, the Constitution, knows no bounds.

*Conservative = white supremacist, racist, Trump supporter, adherent to a monolithic faith, believer in personal responsibility and small government.

+24 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
This is the left. Brigading, doxxing, political violence, and censorship.

Can't wait to hear all about why this # is perfectly fine to do from the people it isn't happening to.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Democrat Brown Shirt beer hall meeting being scheduled to discuss the recent exposures !!!!! 😆

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Typical conservative hypocrisy.

Your all for total capitalism until it allows progressive thinkers to use their own wealth and influence to freely spread their own ideology... Now you want the government to step in and shut it down.

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Not too long ago the idea of social-engineering was scoffed at.

Now we have more than enough proof that these megalithic social-platforms (which have access to several billions of people and have become social pillars of society) are using their platform to shift the narrative -- and thus minds -- to wherever and however they see fit. And it just so happens to be a leftist fascist dream under the guise of a utopian fantasy.

George Orwell warned us.

Hello 1984 2019 and beyond!

edit on 25-6-2019 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

+30 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Your all for total capitalism until it allows progressive thinkers to use their own wealth and influence to freely spread their own ideology... Now you want the government to step in and shut it down.

*you're

I give you a score of 9.3 for your mental gymnastics routine, for a perfect score, come up with something original that doesn't come across as a total triggering.

next.......

+24 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

The evil authoritarian leftists are panicking.

There is too much free speech going on, people aren't trusting the news-propaganda.

They'd just kill us if they could get away with it.

+23 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

No one wants to shut it down.

You clearly don't understand this issue.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This is really getting ridiculous.

2nd.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
But ‘the Russians’ influenced the election

Yeah right

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

gizmodo.com...

Google and Apple like to keep you safely inside the walled gardens of their respective app stores, but vaulting over those confining walls is actually pretty easy—as long as you know what you’re doing. In this guide, we’ll walk you through exactly how to install unauthorized applications in process otherwise known as sideloading.

Man eats the apple, the apple does not eat man.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

This is actually hilarious.

I am a big advocate of free enterprise.

Lest we forget when the current republicans once again steps on freedoms in the name of 'national security' and bans tech giants from doing business with Huawei and other tech company's worldwide. Whoops.
edit on 25-6-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Here's a big problem though. Social media/technology will be about the only way people get their information. Television is fading as an avenue of information. Before we know it, spoon fed information will truly be the case. At least up til now, people have been able to make up their own minds based on information available. But when Big Brother takes over, the only information will be their information. So no one will even know any other information than what Big Brother tells us. I'm rambling I know because I don't know how to phrase it but I'm pretty sure you all can figure out what I mean. Maybe someone else will put it out here much clearer than this.....hopefully. This is such a serious situation.

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Your all for total capitalism until it allows progressive thinkers to use their own wealth and influence to freely spread their own ideology...

But they're using publicly funded infrastructure.
thebolditalic.com...

Apple has sold more than 1.2 billion iPhones over the product’s lifecycle, bringing in over $700 billion in revenue and over $100 billion in profit.

The claim made by many Silicon Valley libertarians that the private market is superior to public funding simply isn’t supported by the evidence.

The success of Apple, Google and many of the other major corporations that now dominate the Valley is not a result of the model they now preach. Instead, it’s highly unlikely that these companies would be as successful as they are today without the support the government has provided.

Steve Jobs may have been a genius — he certainly had an eye for design — but his most successful product would not exist if it weren’t for the billions of dollars that the US government spends every year on research and development. The best accounting of this has been done by Mariana Mazzucato, author of The Entrepreneurial State, who skillfully explains that touch-screen displays, GPS, the Internet and even Siri were the product of public research funding — features the iPhone wouldn’t be very compelling without.

So um... yeah... uhm.... your attempted analogy... it... um... it fails, yeah. Miserably, like abject failure and potentially would make a lesser man look like a total fool if he had been the one to make it.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

This is actually hilarious.

I am a big advocate of free enterprise.

Lest we forget when the current republicans once again steps on freedoms in the name of 'national security' and bans tech giants from doing business with Huawei and other tech company's worldwide. Whoops.

Laugh if you wish, that stunt Apple pulled following the San Bernardino Islamic terror attack, refusing to unlock the terrorist's iPhone when the feds had a court order demanding it, will eventually be the fodder used to drive Apple into the same enemy of the state camp as Huawei presently resides. The fact that it was a friendly DOJ combined with the fed's reluctance to annihilate so many retirement accounts tied to Apple stock was all that kept them from getting a boot across their throats then, the DOJ isn't as friendly and the stock isn't as big a driver today.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I'd be lying if I ever thought you possessed the integrity it would take to answer this question truthfully, but if the tables were turned, and the most popular apps were using their power to spread propaganda that was AGAINST your way of thinking, would it still be OK?

Asking for the dude who isn't a douche bag.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Yay
Diversity

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

yea once again a government agency attempting to dictate what a private enterprise should or should not do in the name of 'national security'. The NSA and FBI wanted Apple to break their own rules after the fact just to gain information.

Hmmm isn't that against the constitution? What gives the government the right to just tell a company what to do on command?

It's funny when I see people on this forum defend free speech and hate likes it's their second language, but when 'national security' is brought up, it all fades away.

Wasn't there a famous quote that warned of this sort of behavior?

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Should social media and merchants be able to ban/censor/deny services to people with different political ideologies?

Because that's where we are.

You're either for an Orwellian world or you're for free speech and open debate.

There is no grey. It is black or white.

You're either an authoritarian or you're for freedom.

Where are you going to stand?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: burdman30ott6

yea once again a government agency attempting to dictate what a private enterprise should or should not do in the name of 'national security'. The NSA and FBI wanted Apple to break their own rules after the fact just to gain information.

Hmmm isn't that against the constitution? What gives the government the right to just tell a company what to do on command?

It's funny when I see people on this forum defend free speech and hate likes it's their second language, but when 'national security' is brought up, it all fades away.

Wasn't there a famous quote that warned of this sort of behavior?

Seriously? Now I have to explain to you the obvious differences between a corporation's internal "rules" and federal law? I've read the Constitution more than a few times and, you know, I somehow have always missed the passage that says "The personal rules of the individual trump their adherence and cooperation with law enforcement as it pertains to Constitutionally tested federal laws." Can you please educate me by telling me where that clause exists in the document?

As an aside, Apple weakened their only potential defense against the feds, the All Writs defense that raised concerns that China or Russia would obtain any security key they provided the US government and put their technology trade secrets at risk, when they moved the storage of all Chinese iPhone/iCloud user's encryption keys to a mainland China server which the Chinese government has carte blanche access to per Chinese law... just so Apple could tap the Chinese market for those profits. "Money" has never been a very good defense in US court where violating federal laws to obtain more of it has been concerned.

edit on 25-6-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join