It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally saying Hello!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hello people of ATS, I’m a long time lurker( since high school so mid 00s) I’d like to apologize for that and say It feels good to finally come out of the dark.
I don’t know what brought me here originally, but I always end up back here eventually. Which isn’t surprising, by far ATS has maintained a consistent standard of content since forever.
If I were to guess though, I would say it was either time warps/lost time or black triangles. My interests are fairly generalized, with a few areas of focus mainly spirituality, ufos and general unexplained phenomena. These are due to my own experiences( ufo sightings, etc...) which I will hopefully be detailing in part on other threads and contributing what knowledge I have when possible.

For me truth is something you seek out, while ignorance is something you accept. Certainly we can be aided in that choice by personality, experiences and impressions, But it’s still a choice we make. I can’t say there was necessarily one grand Aha! Moment that made me make that choice, more like a thousand little ones.
Do you have a memorable “aha!” Moment that made you seek truth?

And finally If you’re interested I’m a 30 year old happily married guy who lives in the western US. I spend my free time reading, hiking, skiing, shooting, etc...

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Westernmaj

"Finally saying Hello "

Hi Finally. Welcome to ATS.

Your definitions of truth, and ignorance, are interesting.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS Westernmaj , good luck finding the truth ... I'm sure it's out there somewhere.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Now you've done it. Oh well, might as well have fun while you're here and welcome aboard. See you around the boards---looks like we'll run into each other and I'm very much looking forward to hearing about your experiences.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT
What boards in particular would you recommend ?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
The truth is out there

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT
What boards in particular would you recommend ?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Welcome to the asylum!

Don't touch my stuff.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Hi there! Welcome! I also lurked for some time before joining. Some of my favorites are Aliens & UFO's and The Gray Area. If you like politics, there are plenty of forums for that. If you don't like politics, it's probably best to stay away from those.

There is something for everyone on here. We all are a little crazy but generally harmless, LOL!

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Hello! It's cool you finally decided to introduce yourself
I'm here for unexplained phenomena, and spirituality too but loving the other content also ^^ Have had UFO experience also but only a little a very long time ago.

I have recently had several aha! moments that explained a lot of stuff that was going on for me over the course of 5-10 years ago that really gave me some scares at the time. I had read up on some things over those years but coming to terms that it was /real/ and later finding that other people have had similar experiences is a lot! So I stumbled on this site and here I am too!

I love what you said "For me truth is something you seek out, while ignorance is something you accept." because I hope now I am coming away from ignorance (away from fear!). I've had experiences in the more recent years but have shunned them away and honestly I miss being more connected to this stuff.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   

welcome like yourself i was a long time lurker just a bit of advice stay clear of the mud pit it's a dark dark dark place only kidding enjoy

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 05:29 AM
link   

it's always good to have truth seeker's that don't fall for the trap of accepting one or the other.

Unifying theorys!

Have a look at this if you want to learn something about perception!

ats

Sincerely No Clue

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Welcome West.

For me truth is something you seek out, while ignorance is something you accept.

This sounds interesting however if I may I would offer some of my own recent considerations on truth and ignorance.
When I say considerations I mean that I certainly have no proof or even ''in depth'' arguements for any of it but offer these thought only as aspects of this topic I am currently entertaining.

Maybe truth is not so much something we seek out or look to find. Rather it could be that we might make ourselves better receptacles in which ''truth'' can come to abide. Maybe truth seeks us out instead of the other way around. Making ourselves available for ''truth'' can, I think, be developed by the simple practice of ''telling the truth''.

Lying does seem to be a major aspect of our human condition. While some are willing to accept a ''father of lies'' as the introduction of lying into our consciousness I do not hold to this notion. I enjoy our human ability to fabricate, to take what is true and spin it around into fantasy and fiction as it seems that this ability is one that is necessary for creativeness to be. For me, at least at this time in my thinking, there is a chasm between being creative and lying, though as I mentioned above that as for now these are only ruminations and considerations on my part. Any additional thoughts you might have along these lines will be appreciated.

Do you have a memorable “aha!” Moment that made you seek truth?

I think that those ''aha'' moments can easily be mistaken ''oops'' moments. I like your experience of ,instead of one big ''aha'', an accumulation of smaller ''course adjustments'' in approaching life is a greater choice.

Anyway, welcome to ATS and I will see you around.
edit on 30America/ChicagoWed, 26 Jun 2019 12:42:36 -0500Wed, 26 Jun 2019 12:42:36 -050019062019-06-26T12:42:36-05:001200000042 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   

The truth indeed must be sought as rarely it's on offer or display.

Ignorance I think shouldn't necessarily just be accepted, after all we want to awaken the unwoken - if they'll let us of course.

Welcome, hope you brought your thick skin. You'll definitely need it at times.

See ya in the threads.

top topics

join