It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Age UK: 50,000 elderly in England have died waiting for social care package

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Ok, back to the first point and I'll leave it at that as it's been a long day. Do you watch PMQ's? Question Time? Do you not hear from both SNP and the Welsh assembly being questioned over the performance of the devolved NHS in their countries? I don't think I'm having a Mendela moment here so perhaps you didn't grasp what I posted which was Andy talking about how bad the NHS was in the clutches of the Tories when it seems to be more fu@@ed up in the hands of both the Scottish and Welsh governments. Seriously if that is floating somewhere over you than I can only apologise for me assuming you knew that.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Still waiting for your citation as per our previous exchange, want to agree that you just made it up and insinuated it as fact?

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Yes I'm aware of the devolved NHS spending.

Why do you imagine my brother had to get a transplant at a hospital in England?

Scotland does not do heart transplants any longer.

Don't have the surgeons nor facilities, they got closed down.

You could, of course, be wrong, and you are indeed. x
edit on 27-6-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Here is a heartbreaking video showing just a few of the many victim's of the Tory's ideological (not economically necessary at all) reform's.

Remember institutions such as the so called Tax Payers federation have nothing to do with representing working class the tax paying public and everything to do with representing the ultra wealthy whom do not like paying taxes at all yet they have a bandstand whenever they call for cut's yet those that show the victims' of Austerity (which was never necessary in our nation at all) are almost always marginalized by the right wing media.

To you know who - Hint, 19th Century Tory peer and member of Parliament, there were good one's on those benches though I am not painting all Tory's as equally evil, one Tory even stood against the poor law's likening work houses to prison's for the poor and he was correct (should have been a wig though).

(though over all metaphorically speaking the Tory's are evil as there policy's are definitely inhumane and there so called reform's are actually COUNTER reform's long in the making as they try to demolish the welfare state and sabotage it beyond repair before Labour finally get's back into power when the pendulum swing's back).

edit on 27-6-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I don't think any of our current crop of politicians are worth a wank be them Labour, Tory, SNP, Lib Dems or whatever.
I'd even go as far as saying that at least from Blair onwards they've all been complicit in running down the NHS and as someone else said dismantling the Welfare State as a whole.

They seek a return to a Victorian style society.

I don't watch Question Time any more as I just end up screaming at the TV....the only people who sometimes speak sense, and it is only sometimes, seem to be Independents or people with no political affiliation.

Party politics has run its course and is no longer fit for purpose.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I just want to correct you on this.

There is one place in Scotland. Golden Jubilee Clydebank.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

But, but their healthcare is soooo good... Or so we are being told...
Next thing they will do is to argue that "old people have lived their lives, it is more humane for them to die/kill them with dignity..."

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

My brother was in the Golden Jubilee in Clydebank and then transported him down south for transplant.

About 10 years ago now.

Glad to see we are performing such much-needed surgeries once again.

He will still need to attend the English hospital for the rest of his life all the same for checkups, the surgeons are funny that way.

When did the Golden Jubilee start performing heart transplants again?

Edit: Spoke to my Mum there, reason my brother had to go down south is that although Scotland does perform heart transplants, they dont have/did not have, no longer have the facilities and skilled surgeons to deal with Congenital Heart Surgeries. Meaning they can replace the organ as long as there is no prior issue or operations performed.

That might have changed by now all the same.
edit on 28-6-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

How is our healthcare ""soooo good""?

It's adequate and paid for via our national insurance contributions.

Available to all that require such.

Its a leaf American should have taken from our book quite some time ago.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

How is our healthcare ""soooo good""?

It's adequate and paid for via our national insurance contributions.

Available to all that require such.

Its a leaf American should have taken from our book quite some time ago.

I get sick and tired of hearing our health service being run down. My youngest daughter is regularly in hospital and others i know also regularly use the NHS - and all have nothing but good things to say.

For me, it is like the Education sector. It is in fine health but is constantly run down by successive political parties for nothing other than political gain. When i was teaching, we used to be told the day after a general election to "forget" the curriculum because another one would be along shortly.......

The reality is that both the health and education sectors have massively increased investment year on year. The differences come in implementation of new ideas and practices.

Plus, it doesn't serve the unions to say that investment is increasing......

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Without the NHS my brother would not have made it past 2 months alive.

The reality, however, is that the Tories want it privatized beyond belief.

And when that happens, if that happens, God help the poor sods that require aid yet cannot afford to cover the costs or have insurance.

Because nobody else will.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

That's what I see 30 years from now. They will take us to the Vet, just like a dog or cat.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I have every sympathy for those who died and those who lost loved ones, but please dont make out that these figures are extrodinary.

I didn't write the article, the BBC reported on it along with several of your tabloids.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Yes I'm aware of the devolved NHS spending.

Why do you imagine my brother had to get a transplant at a hospital in England?

You could, of course, be wrong, and you are indeed. x

So there you go, the Scottish government doesn't seem to want to spend their money on the NHS in Scotland and even though it's devolved to them it's the Westminster government at fault?

I hope your brother is doing well. I lost mine several years ago so can imagine how stressful it must have been leading up to him having the op.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I don't think any of our current crop of politicians are worth a wank be them Labour, Tory, SNP, Lib Dems or whatever.
I'd even go as far as saying that at least from Blair onwards they've all been complicit in running down the NHS and as someone else said dismantling the Welfare State as a whole.

They seek a return to a Victorian style society.

I don't watch Question Time any more as I just end up screaming at the TV....the only people who sometimes speak sense, and it is only sometimes, seem to be Independents or people with no political affiliation.

Party politics has run its course and is no longer fit for purpose.

Can't argue with most of that apart from seeing as it was under Jim Callaghan that the nurses strike effectively ended 'old' Labours last spell in government, why do you seem to not want to add him to the party?

Blair and Brown really pushed the PFI approach - a hell of a lot more than Major did and ultimately left many public sector organisations in a real mess.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

a reply to: Flavian

Without the NHS my brother would not have made it past 2 months alive.

The reality, however, is that the Tories want it privatized beyond belief.

And when that happens, if that happens, God help the poor sods that require aid yet cannot afford to cover the costs or have insurance.

Because nobody else will.

Jeez, where do you keep getting this from? Under Blair, privatisation went to 4% (from virtually zero). Since 2010 it's hovered around 6% and you know what? That is mainly in cleaning and catering which are for fairly obvious reasons not areas that are the core deliverable of the NHS.

All this scaremongering all the time without much attention to facts and you wonder why I question it.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Blair and Brown were false Labour aka NEW Labour and were actually Thatcherites in almost every definition of the phrase, like the Tory's they favored small government which is how we got into this awful devolution state that is tearing our union apart now.

It has to be said though that Both Labour and the Torys have done both GOOD and BAD for the NHS over the years, originally the foundation of the NHS was against firm resistance by the Tory's and by in fact Doctors whom saw the nationalization of what for them was there industry as a step too far as a nationalized service would undercut them as far as there charges were concerned, private health care was never outlawed and there have remained private health providers and doctors to this day however the comprehensive birth to grave NHS model has been severely eroded and compromised with full health care often being not given to older patients (since at least the 70's though you won't find it as a written policy) and it no longer being genuinely free for all patient's and costs for medical dental (as opposed to cosmetic though a good argument can be made that it is necessary for some cosmetic surgery to be available through the NHS as it can affect a patient's mental health status) now not being covered despite the fact we are ALL paying for our NHS and it was never actually free at any time in it's entire existence with us paying via our National Insurance contributions (a pot of gold regularly raided by just about every government since the time of it's inception for other project's - blame all those chancellors not just one as far as that is concerned).

You know though due to Racist sensibility's his name kicks up something of a stink that Enoch Powell at the time a Tory minister had planned to make certain that every town in our nation had at fully equipped NHS hospital, it was of course a plan that was later shelved.

The Strikes of the 1970's were due in very large part indeed to soviet influence via union's at that time infected by KGB agent's and soviet money very much backed them up, during Thatchers years rightly or wrongly she even prevented aid from the Soviet union from reaching the striking Yorkshire miners (whom remember were not fighting so that they could all go down holes in the ground and die young of minders lung but were fighting for there town's, family's and community's against the loss of there one main source of income but we can today see that while her motives may not have been kosha thatchers attack on the mining industry was perhaps a necessity that was going to happen at some point due to climate change - BUT the counter argument is more interesting, her husband Dennis had shares directly or indirectly in overseas mining interests and could ship in for penny's cheap (dirty and sulfurous) south american coal for out then mainly coal powered national grid for penny's while to dig up our own (high quality low sulfur and relatively clean burning coal) coast pound's, it's called vested interest.

Politician's almost never champion the people they are meant to represent except and in so far as it is necessary for them to maintain there lucrative and cushy position and instead they most often champion there own or close friend's vested interests, they hide there shares and often there wealth as well through family or others with whom they have established a mutually beneficial agreement.

And then there is the whole cash for favors matter, it still goes on, it still happen's and just because one tabloid or other tried to blow the lid on it does not even for one femtosecond mean that it has ever stopped being an issue were politics and power are concerned.

And when they know the dirt on one another that is when they don't blow one another up - or if it is going to rock the boat too much and bring too much scrutiny from the public, I mean remember man when the EU decided we had to have freedom of information to counter the potentially devastating damage (To there own interests) that this may cause the parliamentarian's devised a scheme to save there own hide's and that is called the Data Protection act, sold to the public as protecting you and me but in reality a way to hide dirty secrets - and to give the pubes a few worthless denarii in the process, a ploy that is often used by the Tory's more than Labour, throw a few coin to the poor then take it back from them in tax cut's for the wealthy and better off's, hide there below inflation wage rises and cost of living rises in complicated statistic's while dividing society with more and more money - far above inflation - for themselves and the already well to do management upper middle class and top earners.

Make no mistake even if she is your hero Thatcher started the ball rolling and even stated that she wanted to restore the class system to the UK, Blair was her acolyte despite being Labour (actually former Conservative prime minister John Major was the most humanitarian prime minister we have had since the demise of human politics that began in the Thatcher years and then probably only because he grew up on a council estate so knew what it was like to have bare cupboards and I actually like the guy despite definitely not being a fan of his party myself).

Corbyn is no were near as left wing as he is claimed to be, a public school boy actually but he is left wing enough and more than that controversial enough to have scared the crap out of some of the Tory's whom as long as they were facing new Labour knew that it would be business as usually even if Labour got back into power but with Corbyn's own condemnation of New Labour that almost every true Labour voter and most of there members agreed was NOT Labour and the obvious popularity of his call for a return to Labour's core policy's it has shown that there is a voracious appetite among the electorate for a more caring government and just how sick people are of the corrupt politics of the last 30 plus years.

The point is that both party's had drifted every more to the right, at time's even the Liberal Democrats looked and indeed were more left wing than New Labour had become.

Now we have a chance to set British politics back on an even Keel, one in which a more centrist and all inclusive government that actually cares about our nation may have a chance to rise to power rather than corrupt self serving vultures seeking to prey upon our own people.

I disagree with a lot of Corbyn's views but until he is replaced with a better front man at least he is closer to what I want to see leading the labour party than anyone in the past thirty years (though like I say wrong party but I did like Major and I believe it is a disgraceful injustice that Milliband is not in no' 10 as I believe he rightly should be, perhaps a plot too far for the Tory's in fact as they have gone from being mildly disliked to be utterly hated more now than at any time in my life and by a far broader base of the population whom truly dislike them and do not want them to remain in government especially among the younger voters - not to say that complaining about the elderly whom are mostly conservative voters was not like slitting there own throats as a party because it most certainly was.

edit on 28-6-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I know our NHS is offering £127m of contracts to private companies.

That's despite the health secretary pledging "No privatization on my watch".

Scaremongering my arse, they are a shower of dirty lying bastards, out to line nothing more than there own pockets.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Sorry for your loss.

As to Westminster government being at fault, well it's not so much the place but the politicians and financial institutions that reside in and around Westminster, and the City of London, that is at fault.

I'm no fan of SNP government nether, to be honest.

Truth is the whole kit and boodle are nothing more than a bunch of four letter c words.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Update on poor Mr Smith.

The DWP has decided that it followed policy when it found six stone Stephen Smith fit to work.

Totally beyond redemption really.

Like i said stealth Eugenics war, and not even very stealthy any longer.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join