It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Iran Strong Enough to Go to War with the U.S.?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

I was just having a laugh at the standard of English on ATS. Peeps can't be bothered articulating what they're really trying to say.

I'll leave the

Decapitate the leadership

comment to your backslapping buddies. All I've seen is Trump being reasonable. Seems like most of the drums of war are beating on ATS, and not in the real world.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No, not really. No need to do all the power plants and waterworks etc. Just the Ayatollahs?

The rest should fall into place.

Quora: Will the Ayatollah Regime In Iran Ever Collapse?

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: oldcarpy

I was just having a laugh at the standard of English on ATS. Peeps can't be bothered articulating what they're really trying to say.

I'll leave the

Decapitate the leadership

comment to your backslapping buddies. All I've seen is Trump being reasonable. Seems like most of the drums of war are beating on ATS, and not in the real world.

Do what? What "backslapping buddies" are you talking about? Not beating any drums here. Just saying. Try reading the article I posted as a starter.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: Jesushere

Pretty much everything you said here is a mischaracterization. We weren't fighting "peasants" in Korea. The North Koreans were heavily backed by the Chinese and Soviets. That's the entire reason we were in Korea in the first place. Soviet and Chinese fighter pilots were flying against us in modern equipment.

Vietnam was a political failure, not a military one. This has been covered already in here.

Desert Storm wasn't just a "large engagement" it was a major victory against a large and modern foreign military, precisely the thing you say we haven't achieved since 1945. What made the difference was we didn't # around in Desert Storm. We attacked with overwhelming force with good strategy. Iraq's army was well-equipped but they were simply outmatched and outperformed. That's why they started deserting.

I am by no means saying that Iran would be a cakewalk but you greatly overestimate their capabilities, just like Iraq was overestimated prior to Desert Storm. Go back and watch some of the news coverage on Youtube from the leadup to the war. They make it sound like it'll be armageddon. It was--for the Iraqi army.

You need to read up more real history and less "# America" propaganda.

ETA: All of this assumes we're invading Iran by the way, which we aren't. If we do strike Iran there will be no invasion. This is just something people have to make up because they can't argue the actual facts of the situation. All they can do is whine about Iraq, when this is nothing like the Iraq situation.

If Vietnam was a political failure then
All wars will be failures then since it is politicians that drag us into them to begin with.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: Jesushere

Pretty much everything you said here is a mischaracterization. We weren't fighting "peasants" in Korea. The North Koreans were heavily backed by the Chinese and Soviets. That's the entire reason we were in Korea in the first place. Soviet and Chinese fighter pilots were flying against us in modern equipment.

Vietnam was a political failure, not a military one. This has been covered already in here.

Desert Storm wasn't just a "large engagement" it was a major victory against a large and modern foreign military, precisely the thing you say we haven't achieved since 1945. What made the difference was we didn't # around in Desert Storm. We attacked with overwhelming force with good strategy. Iraq's army was well-equipped but they were simply outmatched and outperformed. That's why they started deserting.

I am by no means saying that Iran would be a cakewalk but you greatly overestimate their capabilities, just like Iraq was overestimated prior to Desert Storm. Go back and watch some of the news coverage on Youtube from the leadup to the war. They make it sound like it'll be armageddon. It was--for the Iraqi army.

You need to read up more real history and less "# America" propaganda.

ETA: All of this assumes we're invading Iran by the way, which we aren't. If we do strike Iran there will be no invasion. This is just something people have to make up because they can't argue the actual facts of the situation. All they can do is whine about Iraq, when this is nothing like the Iraq situation.

If Vietnam was a political failure then
All wars will be failures then since it is politicians that drag us into them to begin with.

It's not about who drags you in, it's about who runs the war. If you have the best guard dogs in the world, and you collar, leash and chain them up in the backyard, how effective will they be in protecting your house? Now set those dogs free, do you think the outcomes are the same?

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
Seems like most of the drums of war are beating on ATS, and not in the real world.

Recap: I believe it started with the "big mistake" after that drone got taken down...

If you're going to stand by your man, stand by your man!!

Fortunately the drone was unmanned....lol

Peace
edit on 27-6-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
Just the Ayatollahs?

Just like the Husseins?

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Oh all right. I give in. Bad idea. My stupid. What the hell was I thinking of?
Getting back in my box now......I know my place.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

originally posted by: Bloodworth
Wars are rarely fought today with traditional weapons and armies.

They could be crippled without firing a weapon

No kidding huh....if you knew how many 30-60 year old Chineese/Asian men I see pedalling bicycles around major cities in Canada you would stop drop and roll......because there is no way into America unless you come thru Canada....technology means no one can get troops into planes and anywhere near the USA....but Canada is a wet paper bag run by Rainbow Warriors in most cities....38 million people....13 MILLION BABIES ARE aborted in China every year...think about that....? Every 3 years Canadas entire population is aborted in China.

Anyone getting the drift here yet?.....

Wars will begin and end internally now IMHO....

Example.

Anyone could form a 50,000 person Army WITHIN CANADA and effectively force the Countries surrender in record time....www.globalfirepower.com...

TMP = 94k......ATMP 64k....case closed.

ATMP are spread thin,so very transparently thin.

Within 24 hours you could cripple the entire Countries infrastructure and every major city.Drop the power Grids drop the Water supply drop the INternet drop the civic central structure edmontonjournal.com... -statscan ….69k Civil Police NATIONWIDE...… www.answers.com... does not include Federal level Agents....does this give perspective...….canadaimmigrants.com... used old numbers on purpose.

When you have time and surprise on your hands....

How many Sea-Cans of parts and pieces of required support materials have slowly been smuggled in and are sitting there right now just waiting to be utilised....

And those smart looking healthy fighting age Bicycle peddaling "grey people" just keep silently peddaling around every single day....patiently waiting....

Lol

Sounds like Canada is being taken advatahe of...

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

America always planned to nuke em if they came from the North.....turn Canada into a wasteland to keep the wolves from the door....collateral damage....that plan USED TO WORK....not anymore methinks.

I want a CANAMEX coalition protecting NA now.....time for a NewAge approach to Continental solidarity.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Iran is not going to war against America. Period. Contrarily, it is America that is champing at the bit to take on Iran, to steal its precious oil reserves, led by none other than the Bolton Pompeo Gang and championed by the military complex. America deserves what it gets if it does this. I don't want any part of it; and I'm certainly not going to support it but for what my government forces upon me against my will.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: namehere

Very insightful, thanks for sharing your thoughts!

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy

originally posted by: Xeven
After 72 hours it will be a Turkey shoot. US has no need for ground Invasion, which would be nasty. Only need to bomb them to Stone Age.

I seem to remember those same "bomb them back to the Stone Age" words being used by Curtis Lemay in reference to the Vietnam War. I should remember since I did some of the bombing. We dropped almost 8 million tons (tons!) of bombs in that conflict. And North Vietnam won that war. Rolling Thunder and the various Linebacker operations were suppose to quickly end the conflict.

Then you should remember that there were senseless restrictions on where we were allowed to bomb that prevented the operations from having the major political impact that is needed to actually win wars. You can bomb their airfields 30 times over the course of 10 years but if you're not allowed to attack their capital what exactly are you gonna achieve? For much of the war Hanoi was largely off-limits to bombing raids. There were some exceptions but we were never allowed to do the extensive attacks like we did on Berlin in WW2. They were able to sit up there and simply outlast us until there was so little support for the war in America we had to withdraw, a political decision. It was only a military failure in the sense that the political leaders hamstrung the military from doing what we needed to do to win.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Excellent!

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa
Iran is not going to war against America. Period. Contrarily, it is America that is champing at the bit to take on Iran, to steal its precious oil reserves, led by none other than the Bolton Pompeo Gang and championed by the military complex. America deserves what it gets if it does this. I don't want any part of it; and I'm certainly not going to support it but for what my government forces upon me against my will.

What about the thousands in the streets that chant death to America.
What about Iran's stance in gays?
What about Iran's stance on womens rights?
What about Iran's stande on religious freedom?

This is a civilization so far behind on the evolution of the world that it's only a matter of time they be brought up to speed with a good dose of moabs.
Mother of all bombs

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Also don't forget Iran has the full support of Iraq.

I imagine sleeper cells will be waiting for a us attack on Iran to take put the U.S. personal there.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

This is a civilization so far behind on the evolution of the world that it's only a matter of time they be brought up to speed with a good dose of moabs.
Mother of all bombs

What about US unjust wars in the ME & trying to overthrow governments?
What about the treatment of illegals held captive as they where POW's?
What about the lies on Iraq and started a war based on that, destroying the country with countless of deaths?
What about the torture of prisoners?
What about all those fat people in the US?
What about all those sanctions places on country's where the people suffer because of that (poverty & even death).

So Iran is not allowed to sell their oil & other goods and any country who try to ignore those sanctions will be punished with sanctions or worse.

What about the US behaving like a dictator on world matters which only benefit the US?

Sure I can make this list way longer but... The world should declare war on the US?

edit on 27-6-2019 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pluginn

Mother of all bombs

What about US unjust wars in the ME & trying to overthrow governments?
What about the treatment of illegals held captive as they where POW's?
What about the lies on Iraq and started a war based on that, destroying the country with countless of deaths?
What about the torture of prisoners?
What about all those fat people in the US?
What about all those sanctions places on country's where the people suffer because of that (poverty & even death).

So Iran is not allowed to sell their oil & other goods and any country who try to ignore those sanctions will be punished with sanctions or worse.

What about the US behaving like a dictator on world matters which only benefit the US?

Sure I can make this list way longer but... The world should declare war on the US?

I respect your opinion and you have seemed to have chosen your side.....I'm on the other one...

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Iran wants full scale war.

Their economy is floundering 🎱

You, and the OP, make it sound like the Iranians are the ones spoiling for a fight.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Well said.

There is also the aftermath. The US restructures the Iranian economy, like has done every other country it has invaded, to serve US business. The same people, the same companies, the same money that makes up the Swamp Trump said he would drain. Because that restructuring has been wildly unpopular everywhere it has been implemented, US troops will police Iran until the changes stick. Young American men and women, bleeding out on the sand for the same people, the same companies, the same money that makes up the Swamp Trump said he would drain.

Instead of complaining, the same dittoheads that cheered Trump's restraint last week will cheer on the profiteers who want another client state.

At a tangent, has any of the cheering section seen what Iran looks like on a map?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join